Perth-WRX.com  

Go Back   Perth-WRX.com > General WRXing > Introductions
Register Diddy Kart ArticlesAll AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Welcome to Perth-WRX, click here to register!

Like Tree1Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 18-06-2012, 08:31 PM
Scoobie Noobie

Eggstatic at standard level

Quick update guys,

Got the STi intercooler off gumtree, bought a turbosmart Kompact BPV, and some assorted ducting, y pipes etc.

Had some issues with fuel pumps, put a Walborough 255 l/h in, which subsequently failed (could hear it running but no fuel pressure, checked it's installation which was fine, so not sure what happened there). Ended up putting the stock back in.

Had it go for a dyno sesh at ASG, went pretty well. HP number is pretty good, depending on how much drive losses you account for on the hub dyno. You guys were right, the TD04 can only really pump so much air.

Really happy with the throttle response and torque down low, which is where I enjoy driving it anyway. Not sure if I'd throw a VF34 at it or just go and buy an STi if I really needed anymore go.

Definately need to hit an Autokhana or AHG sesh to see how it fairs. Might keep the crappy tyres on it for now so that I can have a go at kicking the arse out on the track.

I'm just going to DL the new map off it now and have a look at where the big changes are, AFR's aren't hugely different on the street, it's definitely breathing better though (I must learn this tuning sorcery).

Cheers
Egg
Old 18-06-2012, 08:52 PM
Sign me up!
The Converter

GX-REX at standard level

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eggstatic View Post
Had some issues with fuel pumps, put a Walborough 255 l/h in, which subsequently failed (could hear it running but no fuel pressure, checked it's installation which was fine, so not sure what happened there). Ended up putting the stock back in.
How long did your walbro last?
Have an issue with my car and I am thinking it might be the new fuel pump.
Old 18-06-2012, 09:43 PM
Scoobie Noobie

Eggstatic at standard level

Quote:
Originally Posted by GX-REX View Post
How long did your walbro last?
Have an issue with my car and I am thinking it might be the new fuel pump.
About a tank and a half of fuel, it wasn't a pickup problem because I ran it close to the light and didn't have any issues.

Tags
finally, introducing