Perth-WRX.com  

Go Back   Perth-WRX.com > General WRXing > Introductions
Register Diddy Kart ArticlesAll AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Welcome to Perth-WRX, click here to register!

Like Tree1Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 20-06-2012, 07:34 PM
Scoobie Noobie

Eggstatic at standard level

Quote:
Originally Posted by teejay View Post
So you got a tune.. how much did it make?
220 ponies at the hubs, not bad considering the losses in an AWD drivetrain, peak torque was just after 3750, so it was never going to pull big numbers with the piddly turbo in there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kato
Call ASG and ask them? Why do you want to download the map?
Yeh I did, they basically pull the old one off, change a few tables, throw the modified one back on so I doubt there's anything that could've been changed in regards to the test mode on their end. I'll trace the wires and see if its a connection issue (they disappear into a big fat loom, so this'll be fun)

Why do I want to pull the map? Just to have a look what they did, where they put fuel in, out, ditto timing, etc.

I've got all the gear to log, modify and upload maps via the ecuflash and Romraider method. Was going to do that initially, then I thought about the amount of track time I'd need to do before I'd get a tune as good as dyno one. In the future I'd like to log the track day data and tidy up any bits of the map I choose, potentially tidy up the fuel economy on the low load sites. If I ever throw that VF34 in there I'd like to do the tuning myself.

I've a bit of experience tuning N/A motors on Motec, enjoyed it and like to have a crack at a turbo.

Tags
finally, introducing