Perth-WRX.com  

Go Back   Perth-WRX.com > General WRXing > Introductions
Register Diddy Kart ArticlesAll AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Welcome to Perth-WRX, click here to register!

Like Tree6Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-12-2013, 10:02 PM
STI Master

Patch at standard level

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeRX99 View Post

So basically half cut plus rear diff? Been told gear box does normally come with half cut? Usually yes but check with who is selling

...but definitely a lot of people saying go STi. Must be something in it! Better turbo, injectors, block if you get a V5/V6 or above, forged internals if you get an Aus spec one, intercooler, ECU... it's all the mods people normally do. Plus if you're going to do it, might as well pay that bit extra to do it better.

Going from non turbo to turbo, anything will be better. Hey also if turbo kicks in at say late 2000's, do you still get a heap of boost just daily driving and giving it a bit of stick?? It's very different - you'll have to relearn how to drive it. I only use mine for street use at the moment and it's great, the power is definitely useable on the street without being stupid. It'll also cruise along nicely and what not.

Have King srpings but not convinced so might change them to, and look at coilovers or kyb and something. That can wait though as what I have is alright at moment. I wouldn't want to be on non-turbo or shagged shocks with a turbo to be honest, aside from the fact it's strictly not the legal way to do a conversion (ideally your braking and suspension should match or better the specs of the car the engine came out of) you really will want that extra handling edge with the added power. If you're going to do it, budget it in.

Just got air cond regassed on this engine. Air con components get disconnected/changed out so you'll need to do it again.
If you want any info on costs or where to go flick me a PM, I can run through some stuff. Again, it's not all doom and gloom - but it's not a walk in the park either, and you do need to really consider your options.
Old 05-12-2013, 10:13 PM
Potty Training Scoobie Noobie

MikeRX99 at standard level

Marc, yep was going to do a far bit myself. Have Pm'd a few people to see if this makes sense. Sourcing half cut will be interesting but doing a bit of research and obviously a few guys here have ideas.

Not a Lamborghini fan, besides my previous 1984 Subaru Touring wagon has all the luxury I need (and 0 - 60 in four blocks).

Will sell my old RX7 that has been in the shed for years dying a slow death to fund some of the cost. Will post up when I get a chance. Looks awesome but engine needs help.
Old 05-12-2013, 10:14 PM
Potty Training Scoobie Noobie

MikeRX99 at standard level

Will PM soon Patch.

Tags
99rx, newbie