Perth-WRX.com  

Go Back   Perth-WRX.com > General WRXing > Introductions
Register Diddy Kart ArticlesAll AlbumsBlogs FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Welcome to Perth-WRX, click here to register!

Like Tree38Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 24-10-2017, 07:34 PM
DCCD Donut Driver

Sammy82 at standard level

Had a bad experience at BYE. They assured me it would be done in 2 days- ended up being 1 week and it was my daily driver- had to use Uber to and from work for 5 days. Icing on the cake they didn't even say sorry or keep me in the loop. I would be going elsewhere next time.

Can maximum Motorsport tune link G4?

Last edited by Sammy82; 24-10-2017 at 07:50 PM.
Old 24-10-2017, 07:57 PM
STI Master

Bram knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sammy82 View Post
Had a bad experience at BYE. They assured me it would be done in 2 days- ended up being 1 week and it was my daily driver- had to use Uber to and from work for 5 days. Icing on the cake they didn't even say sorry or keep me in the loop. I would be going elsewhere next time.

Can maximum Motorsport tune link G4?
AFAIK justin does maximums tuning in exchange for using maximums dyno....

And that experience is not that bad. I once booked a day off work, booked a car trailer, borred a tow vehicle for the car trailer, towed my vehicle from south of fremantle to ASG workshop for a pre booked tune, only to arrive, unload vehicle then be told the Sean is away for a few weeks personal leave.
REXXXED 2.0 likes this.
Old 24-10-2017, 08:06 PM
DCCD Donut Driver

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bram View Post
AFAIK justin does maximums tuning in exchange for using maximums dyno....

And that experience is not that bad. I once booked a day off work, booked a car trailer, borred a tow vehicle for the car trailer, towed my vehicle from south of fremantle to ASG workshop for a pre booked tune, only to arrive, unload vehicle then be told the Sean is away for a few weeks personal leave.
That is so bad. In my line of work if we did what BYE does to customers they would absolutely go nuts- I think we should demand better customer service from places like this- name and shame- otherwise they become cocky and keep messing us about with no repercussions...I for one am in my mid thirties and won't put up with shit like that anymore. In saying that, sounds like some of you lads got it worse than I did...
Old 24-10-2017, 09:47 PM
Scoobie Noobie

Ben628 at standard level

Thanks guys for all the input.

I called BYE today and spoke to one of the mechanics and said I don't mind waiting for the car booked in but at least tell me the dates and don't keep pushing it back otherwise I'll be waiting till next year and if they're not interested then just tell me upfront so I won't waste my time and theirs.

So with that being said my car is booked in on 6th November so we'll wait and see, I don't mind if they miss a day or two but come 6th November if they pull the same card like "ohhh we're so busy and it'll be another few weeks then I'm off to Tokyo Motorsport"

What really annoys me the most is that I followed every single advice Justin gave me in regards to buying the parts and brands he's ask so going to a different tuner I might end up being told no don't use that parts, use this brand instead bla bla....

They said it will take few days but just allow a full week to be safe... so we'll see hopefully won't be too long as I will be on rental car for the duration.

Yeah Sammy I agree I work in uniform and promotional products company and I can't imagine pulling something like "ohh sorry we're so flat out so we might start production in the next few week" they would've gone elsewhere so fast.

lets hope they stay true to their words come 6th November... cross finger.

Thanks again guys for all the input... will keep you updated
Old 25-10-2017, 05:56 AM
Flat Four Father

XT43 is a guruXT43 is a guruXT43 is a guru

Problem is there’s probably 1000 uniforms and promotional products stores locally and double that on the net.

We’ve lost 2 of the best tuners in the last few years in what was an already thin market.

Do the math.
IanJ, TROLLEY, Bram and 1 others like this.
Old 25-10-2017, 08:45 AM
Flat Four Father

TROLLEY is a guruTROLLEY is a guru

What a bunch of whingers. Shit happens. You want to play, you have to pay (whether that be dollars or inconvenience). I can assure you that Tokyo Motorsport will also be booked up well in advance also. Like any place of work, they have things that don't go to plan, take longer than expected, have urgent things that pop up out of the blue, etc. Just cop it on chin and stump up for Uber. I haven't had my car for a fortnight currently and have to spend money getting an Uber home every day. It sucks, but I also chose to modifiy my car, making it more vulnerable to shitting it's pants and requiring sitting in a workshop on occasions.
IanJ, astralex, nick73 and 2 others like this.
Old 25-10-2017, 09:19 AM
Subaru Tech Division

astralex knows their stuff
Send a message via MSN to astralex

A fortnight? I've just hit 17 months with a dead dakdak
REXXXED 2.0 likes this.
Old 25-10-2017, 09:48 AM
DCCD Donut Driver

Quote:
Originally Posted by TROLLEY View Post
What a bunch of whingers. Shit happens. You want to play, you have to pay (whether that be dollars or inconvenience). I can assure you that Tokyo Motorsport will also be booked up well in advance also. Like any place of work, they have things that don't go to plan, take longer than expected, have urgent things that pop up out of the blue, etc. Just cop it on chin and stump up for Uber. I haven't had my car for a fortnight currently and have to spend money getting an Uber home every day. It sucks, but I also chose to modifiy my car, making it more vulnerable to shitting it's pants and requiring sitting in a workshop on occasions.
Shit happens occasionally but it seems like we are all having similar experiences at BYE all the time. Copping it on the chin like you suggest breeds a culture of poor customer service and experience. Any reasonable business should be focusing on those 2 things. It seems like places like BYE, evo-r, ASG have very little regard to customer service probably as a result of people "copping it on the chin" for far too long. The problem is as someone else mentioned, our choice for good tuners are a bit thin in Perth.
waggaclint likes this.
Old 25-10-2017, 10:10 AM
Flat Four Father

TROLLEY is a guruTROLLEY is a guru

I think it has absolutely nothing to do with customer regard and all.
Old 25-10-2017, 10:18 AM
Flat Four Father

XT43 is a guruXT43 is a guruXT43 is a guru

Demand > supply = pissed off people.

Sure, there's always the ability to increase customer service but if you've been doing this long enough you'll know what to expect.

Apart from Stechnic, I haven't come across a workshop that runs a permanent front desk position so if you go in with low expectations you'll be fine.
TROLLEY and Rslib72 like this.

Tags
g4, link, perth, tuner