Perth-WRX.com  

Go Back   Perth-WRX.com > Technical > Mechanicals
Register Diddy Kart ArticlesAll AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Welcome to Perth-WRX, click here to register!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-02-2008, 02:00 PM
Perth WRX Old Skool Cool Dude

teejay is a guruteejay is a guruteejay is a guru
Send a message via MSN to teejay

Your working out there now Ken?

Definitely need to pop in to say hi.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Old 07-02-2008, 02:04 PM
Sir AntiLag

Adam86 at standard level
Send a message via MSN to Adam86

Phill you know what i am gonna say and like jimmy said, just get coilovers.

scottie from memory had lowered wrx springs (with wrx struts) that were then custom compressed to maked them 'smaller' (lower) again. but remember that was SF5 foz

jsut get sti wrx struts and lowered springs if you dont wana pay coilover costs

and man dont think you should go and slam RMS on hear cause they did't give you the answer you wanted to hear... keep that to yourself.. as you know i have had nothin but EXCELLENT service from them. always been more than helpfully towards me

Last edited by Adam86; 07-02-2008 at 02:07 PM.
Old 07-02-2008, 02:05 PM
Sir AntiLag

BXT at standard level

Phil, you know you want those Teins.....
Otherwise go with the 05-07 STi struts & springs and ask Liam (nicely) to do his magic mod to the fronts.....02-04sti gear will bolt straight in but are probably getting on a bit in kms...I'm sure you remember seeing my 06 on the cruise last year....the 06 STi gear dropped it about 70mm. The ride's firm...really transformed the way the Foz handles...actually that was the only way I was able to keep up with you and Chris on that cruise...you guys drove like crazy men.

Your other option is to go for some WRX struts & get some decent aftermarket springs to go with, otherwise you'll get the dreaded bum sag.

Forget trying to put just lowered springs on the OEM XT struts as the back won't drop any more than 25-30mm due to the self levelling rear struts and dropping the front more than 60mm on the stock struts is suicide for the strut.
Old 07-02-2008, 02:12 PM

Strubaru knows their stuff

hahahahaa there you go phil, i always thought you were a softy

saying shit like that will always get you slayed and you know it

i disagree with the stuff you are saying ken about bump steering and lack of shock travel and thats from 1st hand experience owing a gt foz with wrx suspension in it (you are correct if you are just talking about changing springs but i'm sure phil was talking about changing the struts and springs)

phil, you gotta realise this is a wrx forum and your asking advice about a forester after all, not everyone wants a big low wagon, most xt's are yummy mums driving thier kids to school and you know it, they are no-where near a tough as the gt foz hahahahahahaha (puts on flame suit)
Old 07-02-2008, 02:20 PM
Subaru Tech Division

Philbo at standard level
Send a message via MSN to Philbo

FIRST POSTED RE WRITTEN......

Yeah my apologies Ken, just letting of steam, the thing is its not just you guys its most people when you ask them for prices over the phone, They usually think yeah just another kid with no money, just like some of the car yards I went to, I would love to come into your store and ask you multiple questions but I work away usually 8 weeks on 2 weeks off and in those 8 weeks I spend most of my pay....usually on random crud mind you. but since I got the car in Dec and its my first Turbo Im still in the mod potty training process coming in from a N/A Foz.

And yeah I probably didnt make my self as clear as what I should of. My Bad.

What im asking is whats the most effective and slightly cheaper than say some coilovers like DMS, as to lower my car 2 inches or 50 something mm.

I again apologise for my post and have corrected myself but the damage has already been done, please accept my apols and if you could help me in anyway, as I live close to you workshop it would be great in getting my brakes and suspension done through you that would be greatly appreciated.

Brakes wanted are DBA Slotted with Bendix Pads and most likely some coilovers do you do Tein? What sort of biccies are we talking for Whiteline Coilys?

Thanks and Sincerest Apologies to Ken,

Phil

Last edited by Philbo; 07-02-2008 at 02:26 PM.
Old 07-02-2008, 02:24 PM

RUSSGT is a guruRUSSGT is a guru

Stop talking Phil and get some 06 or 07 sti struts and springs.
Old 07-02-2008, 02:27 PM
STI Master

Fozzy at standard level

Old 07-02-2008, 02:35 PM
Sign me up!
///M3

Jimmy S at standard level

PM Balistc(Joe)... he is selling HSD Coilovers for around $1500 which will let you drop it "on the ground" which is what it sounds like you want... otherwise Adam has the Racing Logic coilovers which are well priced and can go pretty low as well(definitely lower than his lift kit atm! )

I dont know what a set of STi springs and struts go for these days, but its not going to be easy finding a set of near new ones I wouldnt thing... whereas for maybe a little more outlay, you can have adjustable height(and camber in some cases) and not have to worry about them not being low enough for you...

I have lowered suspension in all 4 cars that i've owned and I am yet to rock up and be happy with the height after fitting springs... but coilovers, it can always go lower!

'04 E46 S/C M3 Coupe
Old 07-02-2008, 02:55 PM
Sir AntiLag

Adam86 at standard level
Send a message via MSN to Adam86

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimmy S
PM Balistc(Joe)... he is selling HSD Coilovers for around $1500 which will let you drop it "on the ground" which is what it sounds like you want... otherwise Adam has the Racing Logic coilovers which are well priced and can go pretty low as well(definitely lower than his lift kit atm! )
Lift kit jimmy.. pfft its scraps now with somone in the back hahahah

as much as i want to go lower... i means having to roll the guards and remove the arch lining...
Old 07-02-2008, 03:07 PM
Sir AntiLag

BXT at standard level

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimmy S

I dont know what a set of STi springs and struts go for these days, but its not going to be easy finding a set of near new ones I wouldnt thing... whereas for maybe a little more outlay, you can have adjustable height(and camber in some cases) and not have to worry about them not being low enough for you...
Payed $180 for a full set of 06 STi struts & springs + $80 delivery....travelled less than 2000kms and looked like new......seen some recently for around $500-$700......Your right Jimmy S re. ride heights but for once i'm happy with the drop on my XT and sits nice and level but I know what you mean....my last 3 cars were not low enough when I went to pick em up.....coilovers would always be my preference if the $$$'s are spare but I'm pretty sure that most if not all coilovers say specifically "For Race use Only" or something to that affect.

Tags
foz, lower, xt