Perth-WRX.com  

Go Back   Perth-WRX.com > Technical > Mechanicals
Register Diddy Kart ArticlesAll AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Welcome to Perth-WRX, click here to register!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 16-12-2008, 11:11 PM
Perth WRX Old Skool Cool Dude

Rossco is a guruRossco is a guru
Send a message via MSN to Rossco

No probs...gotta share the LURVE!
[CENTER][COLOR=#ff0000]Built Ej207: Semi-closed RA Cases - Wiseco Forgies - Manley rods - BC 272 cams - GDA Heads - billet f/whl - Vi-pec - WbO2 - 800cc Yellow tops - TD05-20G - 409Hp ath @ 1.75bar on E85[/COLOR][/CENTER]
Old 17-12-2008, 08:05 AM
Perth WRX Old Skool Cool Dude

Strubaru knows their stuff

yeah, chuck it back up for sale, i got a few pm's off people wanting it still after i sold it to you so you should have no probs getting rid of it, it actually cost me $300 extra on top of the price of the clutch for the work and parts involved (new finger plate and modified pivot point) i did say it was perfect for a straight cuts
Old 18-12-2008, 07:54 PM
Sir AntiLag

subarooboy at standard level

Thanks for the advice guys... will have to take a better look at this next time the box is off etc. Although innitially was inspected by credible workshop.

Apologies for thread hijack!
Old 07-12-2009, 10:08 AM
Sir AntiLag

subarooboy at standard level

UPDATE: Thought I'd get back on here due to a couple of lads sending PM's with the same rattling sound problem.

Have now changed to 6 speed and with it thrown in a whole new Exedy clutch assembly (5 speed- so same as before). Aside from some wear, the old clutch seemed fine, however the main thing we noticed from the previous setup was that the centre bearing (spigot?) was a little worse for wear with some evident sand/ dust inside that caused it to turn with a bit of noise etc... this could have been the problem.

Other causes might have been my dump pipe resting on the old cross member (crap insurance job) amplifying the extra noise caused by lightened flywheel/ engine carry through?

In any case, with a new bearing supplied in new setup, and dump pipe now clearing cross member there is NO more harsh rattling sound. Although if you listen really carefully there is the tiniest noise which I think is what most describe in my second point above coming from lightened flywheel transfering more engine noise. But we're talking only 'just' hearing it with my exhasut silencer fitted to cannon etc.

Hope this feedback helps others- ensure new bearing is fitted and not simply re-used?!!

Tags
clutch, exeedy, hd