Perth-WRX.com  

Go Back   Perth-WRX.com > Technical > Mechanicals
Register Diddy Kart ArticlesAll AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Welcome to Perth-WRX, click here to register!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 19-12-2005, 08:22 PM
Sir AntiLag

AC Schnitzer at standard level

Quote:
Originally Posted by Intra
Correct, by the time your detector yells out Laser its way too late to do anything.

I would also suggest leaving the "highway" mode on your RD as it will yield MUCH better detection overall, i've run the same camera a few times with all different modes and each time highway mode was best.

Autoscan left detection up to 3 - 5 m at times which is well and truely crapola.

If you bought an imported RX65 , Neltronics will not touch it fullstop. I kinda understand that the whole grey importing is bad, so keep that in mind when your purchasing your units.

If you are going to hard wire the unit, you can simply do it with some telephone cable from DSE and two RJ12 connectors.. easy..

If you want the the whole mute button thing, with volume control im sure i could make up a few more of the RX65 hardwire kits for people who want em.
Basically it it allows you to relocate a button anywhere in the car and power the unit.

The button handles both Mute, Volume control up and down.
I'll purchase a local set in that case. I did a couple of search and Geodetic, Carousel, audiocom are the couple of places I know that sell them. Any idea where I can get a good price. I notice some people got it like $100+ below RRP while some websites like modyourcar.com.au sells 990 at $895 !
Old 19-12-2005, 09:33 PM
Sign me up!
Nazi Sled Driver

DAN682 at standard level
Send a message via ICQ to DAN682 Send a message via MSN to DAN682 Send a message via Yahoo to DAN682

Quote:
Originally Posted by NVRENUF
I noticed that but not much choice is there any where else we can take them any one who services them in house becuase my friends rx65 needs serviceing as well and i wouldnt mind getting software update but dont wana send it to canada
I have dealt with Neltronics on 4 different occasions with 4 different detectors and everytime they are a bunch of fuckheads. The last time I wanted to chuck the rude troll of a receptionist out the window. Its a long story but they are the worst company I have ever had to deal with. The sad thing is that we have absolutely no choice, its neltronics or nothing.
Old 20-12-2005, 07:02 AM
Flat Four Father

NVRENUF at standard level

Im keen on trying to make mine hardwired just wasnt to sure about pulling that cig lighter plug apart being it has all the button in there etc

intra can u show me whats involved in doing it. doing the extention easy just contect another phone cable with joiner plug but pulling apart the cig lighter plug and hard wiring it and still keeping the button ??

Thanks

Tim
Old 20-12-2005, 07:40 AM
coming back in 2011

Intra at standard level

Well if you have already pulled it apart your already half way there, i did not use any of the bits from the smart cable, i made my own so really my advice on the thing would be to reverse engineer the item. (although there is not much engineering required)
Old 20-12-2005, 07:43 AM
Sign me up!
Nazi Sled Driver

DAN682 at standard level
Send a message via ICQ to DAN682 Send a message via MSN to DAN682 Send a message via Yahoo to DAN682

I bought the smart wire and ran the power off of my steering column. It was easy as, probably easier than the ciggy lighter.

You undo the one screw under the column, solder (or if you are real slack use an inline clip on the positive wire running off your ignition barrel) and with the screw that holds the ignition barrel in, undo it and stick your negative wire onto that and bobs your uncle. It seriously takes like 2 minutes to do the whole job. That includes feeding the wire up the pillar and under your hood lining to come out at the rear view mirror (if thats where you want it).
Old 20-12-2005, 09:12 AM
Subaru Tech Division

saturation at standard level

believe it came out slightly later than the rx65, been on the market roughly 6 months id say.

check out speedzones they do a thorough comparisons between radars every year. www.speedzones.com/longrange.html

theyve also got a review on the new STi detector seems good words about it so far, and it seems invisible to all RDD's which might be crucial considering they might change the law in regards to detectors, so might be worth holding up on your purchase just yet

http://www.speedzones.com/smlTests.html

Last edited by saturation; 20-12-2005 at 09:15 AM.
Old 20-12-2005, 10:48 AM
coming back in 2011

Intra at standard level

Just for shit and giggles, how much as the official smart cable dollars wise?
Old 20-12-2005, 10:56 AM
Sign me up!
Nazi Sled Driver

DAN682 at standard level

Quote:
Originally Posted by Intra
Just for shit and giggles, how much as the official smart cable dollars wise?
$20 or something - From Grant, Alberts Morley.
Old 23-12-2005, 10:05 PM
Sir AntiLag

AC Schnitzer at standard level

Do you guys enable K Band on your radar detectors ? I'm on Highway mode and K band goes off every few seconds I'm going nuts !

Just wondering if K band is necessary. I know KA is a must but not sure about K band.
Old 23-12-2005, 10:10 PM
Sign me up!
Sir AntiLag

maniac at standard level
Send a message via MSN to maniac

K Band will pick up the cop cars with side mounted radars, so I leave K active on mine and always on "Highway" mode (RX65). It doesnt go off that frequently and usually only around servos and fast food joints. Learnt to tune it out, and on regular routes harldy notice it. Saved me a few times so the minor annoyance is worth it for me.

Tags
detectors, radar