Perth-WRX.com  

Go Back   Perth-WRX.com > Technical > Mechanicals
Register Diddy Kart ArticlesAll AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Welcome to Perth-WRX, click here to register!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 30-06-2011, 06:29 PM
Scoobie Noobie

achkes at standard level

Sent: Friday, 21 January 2011 7:04 p.m.
To: Peter Kennard
Subject: Re: Subaru Heads

At this moment we still don't know what to do. I sent you my import paper to show you what register as the engine number for my sti is the cylinder head you damaged. 

I did not received any information as my cylinder head has been damaged. 

It seems there are four solutions to this case: 

1. To rebuild my damaged cylinder head so it can comeback to indonesia and put it back to the short block 

2. To use what you sent me and change the serial number to my original serial number. 

3. Bought me a set of new cylinder head. Indonesia got strict policy on importing used parts. But in choosing to do this option I need to register the new cylinder number to my car registration. This option will take time, and very costly to me. 

4. You can just buy my car and we call it square?

And also, please tell me on how such profesional company like kelford could do such terrible mistake? At this stage both head has to go back to you! And please tell me your account number with DHL since I do not want to be billed for your mistake. And I also like you to compensate my expense to invite those Australian here. 

Sincerely
Powered by Telkomsel BlackBerry®

Hi Armand
Just received the fax this morning.
The answer seems obvious.
Choice 2. Is by far the easiest.
Regards

Sent: Monday, 24 January 2011 2:59 p.m.
To: Peter Kennard
Subject: Re: Subaru Heads

Thank you for your reply. In order to choose to do options two I advice that the serial number has to look exactly the same as the original number (noting the font, size, and its dot matric system). And I want you to sent me my original cylinder incase needed for future reference. I also has not recieved the photos of my original head.

We had the chance to have a look at both cylinder. My one is nice and clean yours is not so nice and not so clean. And according to my Australian mechanic those cylinder head does not looks like it has been through a cnc porting. First the porting in between port are not identical. The groove inside ports tell us that it has not been through a cnc porting procedure. It look's more like a free hand porting that We could do in Indonesia for less price and hasle. And also cnc machine seems to have minimum errors like over drill my cylinder head.

For the re-export how to bill you? DHL wondering whether kelford has an account with them if do please tell us the account number, And how about the compensation for money spent on mechanic but no jobs was done?

And I need time frame, my sponsors is quite upsets that this car projects did not finish on schedule. And it seem I am going to missed couple of time attack race.

Sincerely

Our opinion is that we have done the right thing in replacing the cylinder head that was damaged. If you are having difficulty with your customs this is not our problem and should not be resolved at our expense.
Regards

Tags
cylinder, heads, kelford, shirts, shitty, xxl