Perth-WRX.com  

Go Back   Perth-WRX.com > Technical > Mechanicals
Register Diddy Kart ArticlesAll AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Welcome to Perth-WRX, click here to register!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 26-03-2006, 01:17 PM
EVOCLUB 4

Default NEED HELP, and fast.....

I was just coming back from the shops this morning when the car suddenly stuck in 2nd gear. It drives fine, it just won't come out of 2nd. I have tried forcing it and it won't budge. Has anyone come accross this before and know how I can rectify it as 90kph on Gnangara road in 2nd gear is only fun for a short while!!!

SC TER
Old 26-03-2006, 01:58 PM
Sir AntiLag

scoobysix at standard level
Send a message via MSN to scoobysix

Something in the gearbox has gone poo-poo, call in a flatbed and tow it to your favourite/usual mechanic.
Old 26-03-2006, 03:23 PM
Sir AntiLag

scooby99 at standard level
Send a message via MSN to scooby99

Quote:
Originally Posted by EVOCLUB 4
I was just coming back from the shops this morning when the car suddenly stuck in 2nd gear. It drives fine, it just won't come out of 2nd. I have tried forcing it and it won't budge. Has anyone come accross this before and know how I can rectify it as 90kph on Gnangara road in 2nd gear is only fun for a short while!!!

SC TER
thought that was you wizzing around that round about in a hurry ........ yeah like mikey said be a gear box problem .... probably your selector fork.
Old 26-03-2006, 03:33 PM
Flat Four Father

IMPRESHER at standard level
Send a message via MSN to IMPRESHER

yup it happened to me too when i took to the bush . it got stuck in 1st and wont cum out so i forced it out and it wouldnt go to 2nd and revers but 3,4,5 was cool . little while off hard changing gears and adding dot3 brake and cluch fluid and its fine now?! Up to u what u want to do?i drive a myoo.
Old 26-03-2006, 04:00 PM
Sir AntiLag

AC Schnitzer at standard level

Sorry to hijack the thread. I don't suffer the same problem but rather difficulties in engaging R or 1st gear. With R, it refuses to go in, and sometimes I need to either go to 3rd and R or pump the clutch.

With 1st when I shift into 1st too fast (stationary), it makes a nasty "crunking" noise. Is there a reputable place to have subaru gearboxes looked at ?
Old 26-03-2006, 05:37 PM
STI Master

Adz at standard level

Quote:
Originally Posted by AC Schnitzer
Sorry to hijack the thread. I don't suffer the same problem but rather difficulties in engaging R or 1st gear. With R, it refuses to go in, and sometimes I need to either go to 3rd and R or pump the clutch.

With 1st when I shift into 1st too fast (stationary), it makes a nasty "crunking" noise. Is there a reputable place to have subaru gearboxes looked at ?
Pretty common - my 01 doesnt like rolling 1st gear selections.. i remember Balsticks doin the same
Old 26-03-2006, 05:47 PM
Sir AntiLag

AC Schnitzer at standard level

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adz
Pretty common - my 01 doesnt like rolling 1st gear selections.. i remember Balsticks doin the same
I've done a search and most say R gear difficulties was due to the way subaru design their gearboxes. You mean its the same as Gear 1 as well ?!

Sucks to depress the clutch through out the trafficlights especially 1 of those that stops all 4 ways to allow pedestrain to cross.

I'm getting my clutch replaced soon at Xspeed and I'll get them to have a look and see if anything could be done while I'm at it.
Old 26-03-2006, 05:51 PM
Subaru Tech Division

DarkMoose at standard level

subaru gearboxes usually have trouble with reverse for some stupid reason, as for 1st gear changedowns yeah those are a problem for some gearboxes too.
Old 26-03-2006, 05:56 PM
Subaru Tech Division

saturation at standard level

its cos reverse is cut differently to the rest of the forward gears, so there is always a problem selecting R.
Old 26-03-2006, 09:18 PM
EVOCLUB 4

Fixed it. Stripped down the selector mechanism but couldn't fault it. I put it all back together and got really pissed off with it, and booted the gear lever very hard and it went into 1st. It was hard coming out of 1st, but after that worked fine. Took it for a drive with no problems......WIERD. Maybe the selector folk had come out of the selectors?????

Was going to get it towed in the morning and pull the box out.

SC TER

Tags
fast