Perth-WRX.com  

Go Back   Perth-WRX.com > Technical > Mechanicals
Register Diddy Kart ArticlesAll AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Welcome to Perth-WRX, click here to register!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 26-04-2012, 07:45 PM
Flat Four Father

seagull knows their stuff

I have that sorted for you, we can move on now......

my shiter
Old 26-04-2012, 08:07 PM
DCCD Donut Driver

Shaun at standard level

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoughStilin View Post
Its a 94, although 2004 heads are going in. Will the car still idle correctly with no IACV? I'll have a look tonight at a couple more photos of the TPS & try to dig out some wiring diagrams. Hopefully the 3 pins are the same on both TPS
It will be a dog to tune due to unstable idle characteristics, once it is hot idle will improve but you will still have problems on acc back off and i hope you tuner is pacient coz this will require a very smooth map, there are ways to cheat ie adjust/drill butter-fly for higher idle speeds but with out a good tune it'll still hunt, As said this is ok for race cars that run TPS load tunes and don't require all the controls and sensors for EPA as they rarely idle.
Old 26-04-2012, 09:01 PM
Sign me up!
Scoobie Doobie

RoughStilin at standard level

Quote:
Originally Posted by seagull View Post
I have that sorted for you, we can move on now......

my shiter
That looks real pretty. BTW your strut brace is rubbing on your bonnet See you in a week or so champ. I have presents for you too. Also I don't suppose you have any 5/16 or 8mm barbed hose joiners in that Aladdin's cave of yours? I need 2 of em

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaun View Post
It will be a dog to tune due to unstable idle characteristics, once it is hot idle will improve but you will still have problems on acc back off and i hope you tuner is pacient coz this will require a very smooth map, there are ways to cheat ie adjust/drill butter-fly for higher idle speeds but with out a good tune it'll still hunt, As said this is ok for race cars that run TPS load tunes and don't require all the controls and sensors for EPA as they rarely idle.
I dont have ACC as its a lame arse attempt at a race car. I am learing to tune myself so its gonna be me that has to make it idle properly. From what I have further read, a delete of the IACV is possible, I ma just worried that in the motorkhana events where you "stop in the garage" the engine will stall??

Cheers for the info Stace, it makes it 50% more possible knowing the TPS sensor is technically the same.

Simon.
Old 26-04-2012, 09:31 PM
DCCD Donut Driver

Shaun at standard level

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoughStilin View Post
That looks real pretty. BTW your strut brace is rubbing on your bonnet See you in a week or so champ. I have presents for you too. Also I don't suppose you have any 5/16 or 8mm barbed hose joiners in that Aladdin's cave of yours? I need 2 of em

I dont have ACC as its a lame arse attempt at a race car. I am learing to tune myself so its gonna be me that has to make it idle properly. From what I have further read, a delete of the IACV is possible, I ma just worried that in the motorkhana events where you "stop in the garage" the engine will stall??

Cheers for the info Stace, it makes it 50% more possible knowing the TPS sensor is technically the same.
Sorry mate by ACC i mean throttle back off, The IAC also catches throttle back off by slowly idling down, by deleting the IAC revs will drop instant and if the fuel map is not clean the car will stall, IMO if you are learning to tune, keep all the the things that will make learning easier
Old 26-04-2012, 11:05 PM
Flat Four Father

seagull knows their stuff

Simon I am out of hose barbs. Need some my self

The strut brace has only stated to do that when I fitted the 207. It may be the inter cooler touching.

PS, you can see the V3 throttle body fitted with the adapter plate on the inlet manifold.
I make one of these as well, if you run the AUTO PRO CANNINGVALE sticker for another year on the rear window
Old 27-04-2012, 06:31 AM
Sign me up!
Scoobie Doobie

RoughStilin at standard level

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaun View Post
Sorry mate by ACC i mean throttle back off, The IAC also catches throttle back off by slowly idling down, by deleting the IAC revs will drop instant and if the fuel map is not clean the car will stall, IMO if you are learning to tune, keep all the the things that will make learning easier
Sorry I got confused with Air Con it was a long day yesterday. Point taken on the idle control & the ease of tuning. Maybe I should try to run without now? As in just disconnect the wiring to see how it runs? I know I will probably get a CEL, but it shoul show me how it will behave?

Quote:
Originally Posted by seagull View Post
Simon I am out of hose barbs. Need some my self

The strut brace has only stated to do that when I fitted the 207. It may be the inter cooler touching.

PS, you can see the V3 throttle body fitted with the adapter plate on the inlet manifold.
I make one of these as well, if you run the AUTO PRO CANNINGVALE sticker for another year on the rear window
More than happy to run the sticker, if you help me to get this manifold taht you gave me onto this new motor & into the car? Not sure what you get out of this deal though?

See you in a week mate.

Simon.

Tags
gc8, gdb, iacv, tb