Perth-WRX.com  

Go Back   Perth-WRX.com > Technical > Mechanicals
Register Diddy Kart ArticlesAll AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Welcome to Perth-WRX, click here to register!

Like Tree306Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-12-2012, 01:28 AM
STI Master

riceman1991 at standard level

wow so many cunts on this forum. Most of which it seems havent even read theis thread as they are having a go at me and calling me and idiot for things that i have already explained.

I was fucked over by one of these workshops, and due to the fact that i dont understand tuning enough i cant figure out who. This is why i posted up on the forum with consent from both parties.

Im sure if anybody else was in this situation, they would be just as pissed as i am. And i wouldnt be pursuing this if i dont believe i deserve a refund.

I would have waited and taken it back to asg if they didnt fuck me over last time when i had my 06 sti and try to charge me ridiculous amounts of money. I also had a few other little bits and pieces to do ( like weld a snapped exhaust bracket), that i asked asg to do when i got it tuned. But it came back not done. Evo R seemed happy to do these things. I also wanted to drive the car asap and seemed like a reputable workshop from other people on the forum and previous experiences.

Evo R has told me that asg tuned it on a fucked afm and needed a retune. I obviously wouldnt have paid for a retune if evo R told me it needed it. Hence why i asked for a refund.

Asg told me that the tune was fine and if the afm was fucked and it was replaced, it wouldnt have needed a retune. Hence why they wont give me a refund.

Dont know who to believe and i doubt i will get my money back from either workshop. I have accepted this and does not bother me. But can anyone blame me for trying to get some money back? Im sure all of you cunts would have done exactly the same thing.

To everyone who had a go at me for posting this here, I had already spoken to both workshops and they were ok with it before anything was posted up. As they both believe they are right, when actual fact one of them is lying.

At at least all you guys know what is going on with apparently reputable workshops.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jordiee View Post
christ almighty, riceman this is a grade A fuckup by you m8tey, you need to sort your shit out, what on earth makes you think you have the right to post up various workshop correspondence for every man and his dog to take pot shots at? it's not meant for anyone else but you.

all the shit you post up is not proving anything and serves 0 purpose, talk is cheap and none of us have been physically involved or directly observed anything.

this thread needs to be nuked, cleaned up and riceman needs a good spanking, stop going toilet all over our forums

welcome to turbo cars
Obviously you didnt read the part where they both consented for me to post on here, otherwise i wouldnt have done it. Nic actually called me on my phone and told me to post up the emails he sent me, which i did.

The purpose of posting this up is so other can see the graphs as i dont fully understand them, also they can see what has been happening and can make there decision where they take their own cars.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BALISTC View Post
What fucking restrictor.. there was a 3 port solenoid installed!

Car was driven, or was it towed? No one can even get their facts straight here..

This situation has more holes in it than a well baked ciabatta loaf.

Moral of the story is:

1. You want to play, you have to pay. I popped a new crate motor on Sean's dyno. It spun a bearing on its first ever power run. Boohoo, did I cry about it? I did. but not at Sean, because he wasn't responsible. It just the way it fucking goes with modified cars. You're having a sad over an AFM and having your tune tweaked... what the fuck bro, if that's the worst you'll ever experience with your modded car, you're doing really well.

2. Don't put workshops against each other, whether its in words on the forum, or by getting work done back to back at each then trying to pin a maofunction on one of them.

3. If you're unhappy with someone, go to them first before fucking with them in a public forum. That goes for ANY business or any individual. Any mediation scenario in any environment in any part of the world always starts with going back to the individuals involved and trying to nut out a solution to the problem, before taking further steps.
1 - I realize this and obviously i have paid. But from the information i was given from evo R. It seemed that asg had fucked up, whats wrong with asking for a refund on a service that I was advised was faulty.

2 - I am not putting workshops against each other, they have seemed to do this by themself as neither is taking the blame, when clearly one of the, fucked up.

3 - As previously stated i had spoken to both of them before i was advised to post it up on here by both parties.

Quote:
Originally Posted by apg39 View Post
If I become a vendor can I just spin shit too with no repercussions?

Why didn't Maooo just replace afm & let you sort out tuning issues with ASG?

Oh thats right, you paid him more money to 'retune' it.
I paid him money to retune it, because he told me the current tune was fucked. If you were told that you would have done the same.

Quote:
Originally Posted by teejay View Post
Are you actually fucking retarded?

You purchased a second fucking hand power fc - how many cars, tunes, idiots has it been through?

Bought a previously modified car, how many hands has it been through, hacked, fucked with it etc.

You expect a refund for a tune which worked? The tune didnt fail, a part not supplied or touched by asg did.

You then got another shop to touch the car, so asg could never verify if the work they did was cosher. If they DID fuck the boost tee, meh its not a fatal flaw. Dont hang that as a point of reference to bag them out because your a tight ass.

If you are broke after paying for a tune, dont play with modified cars. Simple as that.

Too much sniffing of that gay fucking paint you painted your exhaust with.
Im not going to reply to this because obviously you haven't read it all properly therefore are in no position to judge especially since your being a cunt.

Obviously i am not going to get my money back. Other beware. I am happy for mods to lock this thread before somebody gets shot.
Old 04-12-2012, 01:35 AM
Subaru Tech Division

Jordiee at standard level

still should've had the common sense not to start a shitstorm, and i apologise for not reading every bit of this thread, my brain started hurting too much
Old 04-12-2012, 01:41 AM
STI Master

riceman1991 at standard level

Obviously didn't think this much drama would have come out, especially over only $500.

My brain is fucked, its been a stressful day trying to process this information. Havent done this much reading and writing since i was at school
Old 04-12-2012, 06:21 AM
Sign me up!
The Converter

GX-REX at standard level

Not taking sides as I haven't had anything to do with either workshop and personally know sfa about tuning.
I don't understand why you got the initial tune done by asg if you were not happy with previous work and or service.
Secondly, after getting the new AFM and being told you had a "dodgy" tune, you should have stopped and returned to asg to get the problem fixed or refunded etc so they could see the problem. From what I am reading I would say this would have saved you the $500 you are now chasing. Easy to say this in hindsight though I guess.
Old 04-12-2012, 07:06 AM
Subaru Tech Division

DukeDrifter knows their stuff

Holy fuck this is over 500 dollars are you fucking kidding go home to mummy get a hug and return to work and you won't even know the money is missing ?

Has it ever occurred to you that the afm was fine for 3 days ? Then on the 4th died because your car is old. Then you stupidly took it to another workshop who didn't see the car in prior condition and your expecting them to know whether or not the car was tuned on a fucked afm.

The moment you took it to another workshop you weren't going to get your money back. When you buy anything from a retail store and its not up to standard do you take it to a different store ask to get it fixed ?
Old 04-12-2012, 07:29 AM
Subaru Tech Division

apg39 at standard level

Quote:
Originally Posted by riceman1991 View Post

I paid him money to retune it, because he told me the current tune was fucked. If you were told that you would have done the same.
Wrong. Return to ASG for sure or at least give them a proper chance to investigate first before paying someone else to have a fiddle.
Old 04-12-2012, 09:01 AM
Perth WRX Old Skool Cool Dude

RUSSGT is a guruRUSSGT is a guru

The fact ASG charged you close to $700 for the afm on your old car is because thats how much they are from subaru. They are an authorised seller and can only go to them. They dont buy off the net like you did.

Also when you picked the car up initially from them they would have told you how much power it was making.

EVO R are retarded if they think Sean tuned your car "with a dodgy AFM". Even i know thats impossible. They only ones lying here are EVO R for saying your tune was rubbish and done on a faulty AFM. Bull crap. Didnt happen. Your afm died after a few days. Big woop they die all the time on your model.
DAN682, teejay, Strubaru and 2 others like this.

http://kap.industries/
Old 04-12-2012, 09:35 AM
Flat Four Father

mao at standard level

No offence Russ, but what we did was replace the AFM and did a power run. It made 177hp with the tune untouched in the PFC which indicated that it was tuned on a faulty AFM.

Also, there was a restrictor in the T, placed in the wrong direction, which should not be there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RUSSGT View Post
The fact ASG charged you close to $700 for the afm on your old car is because thats how much they are from subaru. They are an authorised seller and can only go to them. They dont buy off the net like you did.

Also when you picked the car up initially from them they would have told you how much power it was making.

EVO R are retarded if they think Sean tuned your car "with a dodgy AFM". Even i know thats impossible. They only ones lying here are EVO R for saying your tune was rubbish and done on a faulty AFM. Bull crap. Didnt happen. Your afm died after a few days. Big woop they die all the time on your model.
Old 04-12-2012, 09:44 AM
Perth WRX Old Skool Cool Dude

RUSSGT is a guruRUSSGT is a guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by riceman1991 View Post

Rhys,

Don't be suprised when that we get our back up when your first contact with us regarding this issue is accusing us of poor service and attaching a link to consumer protection.

Like I said before we had a brief look at your car found it wasn't running and it wasn't and ECU issue but there were wires hanging out. You made it very clear to me didn't want to spend too much which I understand so I didn't look into wiring, etc. Your car was tuned here to 240hp as you know and broke down 4 days later. AFMs fail randomly like many electrical components for whatever reason and I guess you have been unlucky if yours has failed.

To say we have tuned your car incorrectly with a faulty AFM is a big claim as I can show you dyno graphs of your cars fuel mixtures correct from start to finish of the dyno run. This would not be possible with a faulty AFM as the voltage would go out of range during the run causing fuel mixtures to go leaner than our target. This is very noticeable to Sean as he has tuned many Subarus over the last decade with power FC ecus and replaced many AFMs while on the dyno for this reason. I understand you don't know all the details about the tuning process and honestly neither do I its Seans job for all this stuff.

Regarding your 177hp dyno chart we obviously wouldn't tune your car with the boost control back to front or otherwise it wouldn't make 240hp. Mao refers to the T piece and resrictor being backwards however I find this hard to believe as we fitted a 3 port boost solenoid which runs a hose to the turbo comp cover from one port and a hose to the wastegate from another. The third port vents open. There is no T piece and no restrictor on this setup so how he came up with that little story I don't know. In your first email you refer to this 177hp as the ''tune that you guys done'' but clearly this is not our tune if it has had the boost lines changed and prob running about 10-12psi rather than the 18psi you can see on the chart from our tune. Then you go on to claim that ''the service was not up to standard'' and you request a refund for the price of the tune. Are you referring to the 177hp tune or the 240hp tune??? Furthermore you are wonder who has jipped you and who owes you money? The answer would be noone as its your car and unfortunately it broke down. You came to us and requested the service of an ecu fitment and dyno tune and thats what you got. You went to evoR and requested a service of whatever and I assume thats what you got and that is also fair. Clearly you have been a little misled by the decieving evoR dyno charts and accusations of poor tuning with faulty parts but at the end of the day if they done what you paid for you are not owed anything.

Unfortunately I cannot offer you a refund under these circumstances but I am happy to explain further if you have any more questions. Feel free to take it to consumer protection if you are not happy or you don't know who to believe as they are a third party there to help when you are not sure if you have been jipped or not. I am happy to provide further information to them if required and Sean prob still has your tune from October on his laptop.

Thanks

Nic

Allstar Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by mao View Post
No offence Russ, but what we did was replace the AFM and did a power run. It made 177hp with the tune untouched in the PFC which indicated that it was tuned on a faulty AFM.

Also, there was a restrictor in the T, placed in the wrong direction, which should not be there.
I highlighted the parts you chose not to read.

http://kap.industries/
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to RUSSGT For This Useful Post:
BOMB3R (04-12-2012), jEstEr? (04-02-2013)
Old 04-12-2012, 10:26 AM
STI Master

SKYHIONPSI at standard level

I love your sleuthing, Russ.
Strubaru and RUSSGT like this.

Tags
bitches are like stitches, chicken cheese and mao, ecu, evor brainwashing services, got mao on your face, i bought stonewash jeans, im_12_whats_this, issues, kremer930 welcome to the internet, lionel hutz 1800mao, mayo is only good in sandwiches