Perth-WRX.com  

Go Back   Perth-WRX.com > Technical > Mechanicals
Register Diddy Kart ArticlesAll AlbumsBlogs FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Welcome to Perth-WRX, click here to register!

Like Tree2Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 27-05-2014, 04:06 PM
WRX Hi Five Club

grape juice at standard level

they are gonna be a nightmare to get to... any advice on what I may need to remove to get to them, assuming the sensor is out of spec.

"All in relation to nothing. Nothing in relation to infinity. A central point to both, And infinitely far from understanding either."
Old 27-05-2014, 05:51 PM
Perth WRX Old Skool Cool Dude

Rossco is a guruRossco is a guru
Send a message via MSN to Rossco

Remove BOV and voila!
[CENTER][COLOR=#ff0000]Built Ej207: Semi-closed RA Cases - Wiseco Forgies - Manley rods - BC 272 cams - GDA Heads - billet f/whl - Vi-pec - WbO2 - 800cc Yellow tops - TD05-20G - 409Hp ath @ 1.75bar on E85[/COLOR][/CENTER]
Old 28-05-2014, 09:12 AM
WRX Hi Five Club

grape juice at standard level

Going to remove the BOV tonight any way to give it a clean... It has an adjustable spring pressure and i decided to loosen it off a little the other day to see if it would have any effect.

Strangely enough by loosening it (allowing it to release pressure easier the issue doesnt seem to occur as often or drastically. I've had the car running before watching the actuation of the valve and its not perfect/ideal. I'm think it might be a combination of both the TPS slightly out of spec and the BOV internal sleeve not opening and closing smoothly.

Because its strange around 2500-3500 it will release air but just quietly, and theres not rev holding or spiking. though between 3500-4500 is when it seems at its worst and notably there is a real brief release of air or none at all. Anything over 5000 usually is fine.

Should note the car NEVER holds revs or spikes when its cold. and have had no idle problems since replacing the battery.

Will update after i fiddle tonight.

"All in relation to nothing. Nothing in relation to infinity. A central point to both, And infinitely far from understanding either."

Tags
boost, sticking, throttle