Perth-WRX.com  

Go Back   Perth-WRX.com > Technical > Mechanicals
Register Diddy Kart ArticlesAll AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Welcome to Perth-WRX, click here to register!

Like Tree30Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 28-04-2015, 09:32 PM
Perth WRX Old Skool Cool Dude

Rossco is a guruRossco is a guru
Send a message via MSN to Rossco

I thought you said there was? on SOWA or somewhere?

My apologies Jacob
[CENTER][COLOR=#ff0000]Built Ej207: Semi-closed RA Cases - Wiseco Forgies - Manley rods - BC 272 cams - GDA Heads - billet f/whl - Vi-pec - WbO2 - 800cc Yellow tops - TD05-20G - 409Hp ath @ 1.75bar on E85[/COLOR][/CENTER]
Old 28-04-2015, 09:35 PM
STI Master

Jacob92 at standard level

All good from what I've been told hylomar helps hold commetic together anyways OEM ready to go back in now

using the Perth-WRX mobile app
Rossco and RJ999 like this.
Old 29-04-2015, 06:12 AM
STI Master

s20525xxx knows their stuff

Doesnt lower coolant temp helps knock control and seal/gasket longevity?

I thought moderm cars runs hotter temp to bring down emissions?

Update from new owner: 375whp at 1.4bar on 98, at Tokyo Motorsport
Old 29-04-2015, 03:54 PM
Subaru Tech Division

RJ999 at standard level

Even the Americans have got it right... a lower temp thermostat is useless ffs

Quote:
We at Crawford Performance will start this by stating the number one issue responsible for the damage to Subaru engines is the free software available on the internet to modify the tuning parameters within the ECU. There is plenty of bad advice going around but the most common one I hear is "the bigger or looser the piston or bearing clearances, the better the engine will perform." Another is about larger pressure/volume oil pumps are always better because the factory oiling system on the EJ motors are inadequate, when in fact, a high-pressure oil pump can cause oil cavitation while lowering the ability for any oiling system to work efficiently. Another falsified fact is using a lower-temp thermostat will make your motor run cooler in hot weather but in reality it will have zero effect on increasing your engine's cooling capability. Other falsified facts include tuners believing that installing 1mm oversized intake and/or exhaust valves over the stock size valve seats will increase cfm airflow, and the best of all that makes me laugh every time I hear it is "you can make 500 whp safely on pump gas."

Read more: The Truth Behind The Subaru EJ-Series Engines - Tech-Knowledge - Import Tuner Magazine
Daaaamien likes this.

Last edited by RJ999; 29-04-2015 at 03:56 PM.
Old 30-04-2015, 06:17 AM
STI Master

Jacob92 at standard level

Oversize valves on stock seats do nothing

Assumed as much

What about onces that have been throated and new seats to match oversize valve?

Last edited by Jacob92; 30-04-2015 at 08:37 AM.
Old 30-04-2015, 08:25 AM
STI Master

matto20v at standard level

Quote:
Originally Posted by RJ999 View Post
Even the Americans have got it right... a lower temp thermostat is useless ffs

Quote:
We at Crawford Performance will start this by stating the number one issue responsible for the damage to Subaru engines is the free software available on the internet to modify the tuning parameters within the ECU. There is plenty of bad advice going around but the most common one I hear is "the bigger or looser the piston or bearing clearances, the better the engine will perform." Another is about larger pressure/volume oil pumps are always better because the factory oiling system on the EJ motors are inadequate, when in fact, a high-pressure oil pump can cause oil cavitation while lowering the ability for any oiling system to work efficiently. Another falsified fact is using a lower-temp thermostat will make your motor run cooler in hot weather but in reality it will have zero effect on increasing your engine's cooling capability. Other falsified facts include tuners believing that installing 1mm oversized intake and/or exhaust valves over the stock size valve seats will increase cfm airflow, and the best of all that makes me laugh every time I hear it is "you can make 500 whp safely on pump gas."

Read more: The Truth Behind The Subaru EJ-Series Engines - Tech-Knowledge - Import Tuner Magazine

Highlighted some important bits for S20525xxxxx ...... Now will you STFU with your uneducated posts?
RUSSGT and JRecardo like this.
The Following User Says Thank You to matto20v For This Useful Post:
Ko[R]uPt (01-05-2015)
Old 01-05-2015, 11:24 AM
STI Master

s20525xxx knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by matto20v View Post
Highlighted some important bits for S20525xxxxx ...... Now will you STFU with your uneducated posts?
Im getting bored with ur pointless targeting on every single post I do. So last post on this thread.

First, I make sure I understand what each parameter does before Mao alters it, and program is not as important as tuner's skill, right.

Secondly, that crawford article is spot on, in fact I posted it on my thread too. Low temp thermo stat does nothing, fan kickin temp needs to be adjusted to make it work. but if u do that without installing a thermostat, ur fan will constantly on to cool the engine because oem thermostat is not fully opened.

At last, before I have thermostat and fan setting done, my car runs at 96 on track, now its at 88. Torque is not reduced because of thermal efficiency loss. As someone would say fan does nothing at high speed. Subaru repair manual points out ecu sets different fan speed with different road speed.

Update from new owner: 375whp at 1.4bar on 98, at Tokyo Motorsport
Old 01-05-2015, 01:57 PM
Perth WRX Old Skool Cool Dude

RUSSGT is a guruRUSSGT is a guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by s20525xxx View Post
Im getting bored with ur pointless targeting on every single post I do. So last post on this thread.

First, I make sure I understand what each parameter does before Mao alters it, and program is not as important as tuner's skill, right.

Secondly, that crawford article is spot on, in fact I posted it on my thread too. Low temp thermo stat does nothing, fan kickin temp needs to be adjusted to make it work. but if u do that without installing a thermostat, ur fan will constantly on to cool the engine because oem thermostat is not fully opened.

At last, before I have thermostat and fan setting done, my car runs at 96 on track, now its at 88. Torque is not reduced because of thermal efficiency loss. As someone would say fan does nothing at high speed. Subaru repair manual points out ecu sets different fan speed with different road speed.

Wrong.

http://kap.industries/

Tags
bottle, coolant, overflowing, resevoir, s20525xxxxx for nobel prize