Perth-WRX.com  

Go Back   Perth-WRX.com > Technical > Mechanicals
Register Diddy Kart ArticlesAll AlbumsBlogs FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Welcome to Perth-WRX, click here to register!

Like Tree51Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-07-2015, 10:07 PM
WRX Hi Five Club

SolarFilms at standard level

Quote:
Originally Posted by dnbosiris View Post
someone can correct me but .. i've never heard of the timing belt being a performance option. i don't think its something you will ever need to 'upgrade' unless you are building a 500whp+ monster which i'm assuming you are not doing. stick with the oem from subaru
Changing it anyway from my stock one because the oem is over 6years old and as http://www.perth-wrx.com/vb/mechanic...ilometers.html suggested it might be good idea as rubber can deteriorate and stretch.

not doing it to be a performance option. Just see it as better option especially since the oem will around about +150.

Much wow
many powerr
very siberu

Last edited by SolarFilms; 05-07-2015 at 10:10 PM.
Old 06-07-2015, 01:20 PM
STI Master

amtrapid knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by dnbosiris View Post
someone can correct me but .. i've never heard of the timing belt being a performance option. i don't think its something you will ever need to 'upgrade' unless you are building a 500whp+ monster which i'm assuming you are not doing. stick with the oem from subaru
Once you start using high lift cams and heavier valve springs. Or heavy track high rpm use , its defiantly a must to prevent early stretching or failure. Oem belt to performance kevlar or reinforced belt is like comparing a pencil to a ball point pen.
SolarFilms likes this.
Old 05-07-2015, 09:40 PM
Flat Four Father

seagull knows their stuff

It's fucked when you buy a STI and it does not have the STI timing belt fitted.

You will find when your doing cam timing and fit adjustable wheels. The STD timing belt stretches. The STI belt is much better.
waggaclint and SolarFilms like this.
Old 05-07-2015, 09:46 PM
Flat Four Father

The best thing i have ever used from Cosworth for my own subaru was there Pistons. To date I have found them very good. How ever these days there just out of the game due to cost.
Old 06-07-2015, 06:18 AM
Flat Four Father

Yawn.. Yep
matto20v, astralex and Imprezive like this.
Old 08-07-2015, 12:20 AM
Sir AntiLag

dazdavies knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by seagull View Post
Yawn.. Yep
Kiss my ass you fucking moron. Every post I make you bag it for some reason.

Post up some facts or fuck off. Or better still if you have a problem have the bollocks to come and sort it with me dick head.

Everything I post on here as been through experience of builds I've done and products ive used. I'm trying to help people but complete arseholes like you just make me want to not bother.

You my friend are an utter cunt!
JDM_STYLE, DZENCI, Damo69 and 3 others like this.
Old 08-07-2015, 02:45 AM
STI Master

matto20v at standard level

There's no need for that.

If you go back over posts, a view could be had that for advice given from the local and regular experienced Perth folk, you do appear to discredit them by offering conflicting story/opinion/information followed by some story about your previous 30 engine builds "in the UK".

I would suggest to ease up on doing that.
Rossco and Imprezive like this.
Old 08-07-2015, 07:58 AM
Sir AntiLag

Quote:
Originally Posted by matto20v View Post
There's no need for that.

If you go back over posts, a view could be had that for advice given from the local and regular experienced Perth folk, you do appear to discredit them by offering conflicting story/opinion/information followed by some story about your previous 30 engine builds "in the UK".

I would suggest to ease up on doing that.
There was every need in my opinion. It seems that more or less every post I make this joker has something negative to say. I've no idea why. Maybe he has connections to a certain garage that's done several really bad Subaru engine builds. Or it could be the fact that someone's come along that has a lot of knowledge and experience of building Subarus and for whatever reason he taken exception to that.

I noticed you liked his post though so I'm assuming this is some sort of band of brothers thing going on.
Either way it sucks. I'm genuinely only trying to help and pass on knowledge and experience. The only reason I mention my previous builds is because if I didn't I'm sure people like you and your mate would no doubt accuse me of being some sort of newbie that googles well.

To be fair I think I'm just not going to bother in future. I've better ways of spending my time that's for sure.

Last edited by dazdavies; 08-07-2015 at 08:02 AM.
Old 08-07-2015, 07:00 PM
Flat Four Father

Quote:
Originally Posted by dazdavies View Post
Kiss my ass you fucking moron. Every post I make you bag it for some reason.

Post up some facts or fuck off. Or better still if you have a problem have the bollocks to come and sort it with me dick head.

Everything I post on here as been through experience of builds I've done and products ive used. I'm trying to help people but complete arseholes like you just make me want to not bother.

You my friend are an utter cunt!
Do a 10 second pass and I will say I am sorry.

Please let me know the details of the failed engines that were done during my time at the garage / work shop. You make mention of this in the following post.

Keep up the good work Daz, it's people just like you we need to import into Australia as citizens.
Old 08-07-2015, 07:55 PM
Sir AntiLag

Quote:
Originally Posted by seagull View Post
Do a 10 second pass and I will say I am sorry.

Please let me know the details of the failed engines that were done during my time at the garage / work shop. You make mention of this in the following post.

Keep up the good work Daz, it's people just like you we need to import into Australia as citizens.
I'll hold you to that whether you'll be man enough to follow it through will remain to be seen. For reference though I managed a 10.9 in a gc8 with about 430awhp. Incidentally it was my first ever go at the quarter mile in the dry. My first ever go at all was the week before at Scooby shoot out which I managed a 12.10 with an inch of standing water for most of the run. That run netted me the modified class win. So officially I was the 2010 Scooby shootout modified class champion. I'm sure the results are around somewhere I case you think it BS

Here's the videos first one is the 12.1 at Scooby shoot out.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=a8vtiwVkH2w

Second is my 10.9 at York dragway.
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=-WrfaZF0UlQ

As mentioned this was at circa 430awhp in a full weight gc8 with two year old cheap Chinese tyres on. I think I'll manage it with near 600awhp more torque and better tyres.

I'll gladly retract my statement about the garage. I thought you were sledging as you had some links / loyalty to the garage that originally built my engine. So that's where the reference came from. So that must mean that you have a personal issue or maybe you just can't handle the fact I've got a fair bit of knowledge and some good results From the cars I've built.

As for your last statement that tells me exactly what a bigotted fucktard you are. You've made that statement without the first idea about me and are absolutely clueless as to why I'm here and in what professional capacity. I could elaborate but that probably would really upset you if all this is anything to go by.

I'll look forward to your apology when the car is up and running. I somehow think you haven't the substance to be a man of your word though.
JDM_STYLE, DZENCI, nick73 and 3 others like this.

Last edited by dazdavies; 08-07-2015 at 07:57 PM.

Tags
brand, cosworth, resale or rebranding