Perth-WRX.com  

Go Back   Perth-WRX.com > Technical > Mechanicals
Register Diddy Kart ArticlesAll AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Welcome to Perth-WRX, click here to register!

Like Tree13Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 16-10-2015, 09:33 PM
STI Master

dnbosiris at standard level
Default Dealership Statutory Warranty & Possible HG

i purchased a bugeye sti from a subaru dealership 9 days ago. when i first got the car home i noticed that the coolant was a little low. i topped it up and thought nothing of it.
today i had the car checked out by a trusted mechanic who also noticed the coolant was low. he then found recurring tiny air bubbles out the coolant header tank while engine was running. I say recurring because it's normal to get some air bubbles if the cooling system needs bleeding but these were obviously not those type of bubbles. he then did a TK test and it failed (the fluid turned green).

because of it's age it has a 1 month statutory warranty (confirmed this with dealership at sale)

first thing monday morning I will be requesting a tk test and telling them what i think it is.

i would appreciate any advise from anyone who has specifically dealt with a head gasket issue under statutory warranty before. i would hope that the dealership admits the fault straight away but i know what they are like and i wouldn't be surprised if they start trying to give me the run around.

mainly i'm worried that since it's only 3 weeks until the stat warranty runs out they may try to delay things for that time. if they try to delay then should i take it to somewhere like stechnic and have them do a report so I have something in writing to take to the dealership?

advise appreciated

Tags
dealership, hg, statutory, warranty