Perth-WRX.com  

Go Back   Perth-WRX.com > Technical > ECU Discussion > MoTeC Discussion
Register Diddy Kart ArticlesAll AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Welcome to Perth-WRX, click here to register!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 25-08-2009, 05:21 PM
Sign me up!
Perth WRX Old Skool Cool Dude

trainwrex at standard level

the auto mode for dccdpro uses it own g-sensors. apparently the motec sdc is very costly in wiring etc?? but will it provide a huge benefit vs cost ratio??
Old 25-08-2009, 08:43 PM
Sir AntiLag

foxey at standard level

As I said earlier Tino, only go with the SDC if you want to log the ins/outs/other stuff using the M800 or if you think the % slip style of control is better than the G sensor style used in the DCCD Pro. The DCCD Pro will be cheaper to buy (SDC is about $1400) and cheaper and easier to install, but it won't give you that MoTeC feeling.

The SDC does not use the G sensor to determine diff lock, it simply sends the information out over CAN/RS232.
Old 25-08-2009, 08:47 PM
Sign me up!

yeh dccdpro is around 600 or so.. that or neetronics is my preferred option.

But cant split the two as there isnt much info about both of them.. i like the auto mode of dccdpro but i dont think neetronics has that sort of thing. It is more user defined also i think??
Old 26-08-2009, 10:12 AM
Sign me up!

Just one more question brad. With the sdc user define maps from other sources can be imputed so there can basically be an endless supply of maps to use. Whereas the other two (dccdpro in particular) dont have this capability??
Old 26-08-2009, 11:40 AM
Sign me up!
Why stop at two bar?

tuna is a gurutuna is a guru

the sdc will have the most ability to make use of the correction tables (ie boost levels, rpm, throttle position etc)

Long live the WRC
Old 26-08-2009, 02:13 PM
Sign me up!

Yeh the motec is the best option as maps developed by other people can be imputed and saved just like a tune map.. dccdpro are working to do this also however that is a yr off.

but the guy that has developed it seems to know what hes doing. So if its better than OEM it might be a good cheaper alternative..
Old 26-08-2009, 06:07 PM
Sir AntiLag

foxey at standard level

The SDC has 4 user definable maps/tables, the DCCD Pro performs calculations on the fly to determine diff lock, it doesn't have maps so I'm not sure what you mean by they are adding this feature. It's up to you to determine which you think is a better means of controlling the diff, both have their upsides and downsides.

The maps in the SDC can be set by means of throttle position or map vs. ground speed. This then gives the diff a % lock based upon the value in the table (or map). Added to this value is a calculated value in order to try and maintain the desired slip (the desired slip can be set based on ground speed). I would suspect that the main tables should really all read 0 and the desired slip should also be 0, as unless you are drifting you don't want the rear wheels spinning. It's worthwhile pointing out that the SDC switches between maps based on the position of the thumb wheel only.

I actually believe that the factory computer could offer the best "auto" solution as it has the ability to change the diff lock based on roll (G sensor), steering angle (sharp steering angles should have less lock), wheel speeds (hence slip) and yaw. The only downside to the factory auto mode is that its sensitivity can not be tailored to the specific driver (i.e. there are no adjustments).

You can be sure that out of all three possibilities (motec/dccdpro/OEM) that the OEM system has had by far the most time, effort, money and brain power put into it, though obviously bear in mind it has been developed for a road car...
Old 26-08-2009, 09:14 PM
Sign me up!

This is the info i got back from Jeff the developer..

"
I modeled mine after the OEM system in terms of functionality, with a little more flexibility for swaps.
You don't need to have functioning abs and the maps are a bit more active and refined than the OEM system. "

I asked what he thought of neetronics

"
I wouldn't say the Neetronics is better in terms of maps. Their units only tie to the tps, brakes and they have no g-sensor. So they are mapped with a much different approach.

Their system is based on lookup tables. This in my opinion is pretty antiquated, my system uses much more complex mathematics to arrive at more smooth output settings.

My system scales across all rates based on the setting of one knob, as you turn the knob it changes the scaling of all the programs for acceleration, braking and turning.

Their system cannot do things like measuring cornering force and decreasing lock for corner entry and increasing the lock quickly after the apex."

I think im just going to go with the DCCDpro as i dont have the OEM ecu

Tags
controllers, dccd, diff, manual, motec, pdf, subaru