Perth-WRX.com  

Go Back   Perth-WRX.com > Off Topic Discussions > Non-WRX Discussion
Register Diddy Kart ArticlesAll AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Welcome to Perth-WRX, click here to register!

Like Tree193Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 19-03-2012, 08:58 PM
Subaru Tech Division

SyncSubaru at standard level

I start PT tomorrow morning. Plan is to get my body into a healthy sustainable routine. 10kg loss over 4 months is my goal. Will be going to the gym with the trainer on Tuesday and Thursdays to do Cardio and Heavy Weights.

Ive been told to walk 2km each day or cycle 6km+ (Ideally).

Heres hoping.
Old 20-03-2012, 09:54 AM
WRX Hi Five Club

Top-Deck at standard level

Yesterday I re-ignited my love affair with Jacobs ladder, call me sick but I have always had a soft spot for the old stair climbing A couple of years ago I used to go for overall reps (alternating between lunging up and running up, with the last two runs always sprinting from half way) whereas now my approach is to try and lower my time for 10 climbs. Aiming for the 35min mark so still have about 1.5min to shave off but am pretty confident I will get there by about May Curious to know if anyone else here likes to tackle the stairs as well??

Also I spotted a really neat dewinged peanut STI on cliff road (the road that leads to Jacobs) when I firstly got there last night...so if it is someone from here, Hi! and nice rims too!

Last edited by Top-Deck; 20-03-2012 at 10:03 AM.
Old 20-03-2012, 10:04 AM
WRX Hi Five Club

Quote:
Originally Posted by ausyve View Post
Rode to work for the first time in a very long time today.
Parkerville to swan view and back.
35min there, 2hours back. All up hill on the way home. Nearly killed me.
Damn you all for your inspiration. Lol.
haha classic! You are a braver man then I...those hills are seriously painful to ride up, especially at the end of the day. If only you lived/worked in the opposite direction, some free-wheeling home would be a much more pleasant way to end your day! Good work though mate and remember that it gets easier each time
Old 20-03-2012, 10:36 AM
DCCD Donut Driver

matthews at standard level

Quote:
Originally Posted by Top-Deck View Post
and remember that it gets easier each time
Not sure if I agree with that comment. It should never get easier if it does your not trying hard enough. It may get easier but we tend to push harder so it is never any easier. I have been riding for around a year now and there has been no easy rides yet. The hills I do take around 30mins. The last time i got that down to 27mins and now my aim is 25mins so its still not any easier
Old 20-03-2012, 11:52 AM
WRX Hi Five Club

Quote:
Originally Posted by matthews View Post
It may get easier but we tend to push harder so it is never any easier.
^^This is what I was referring to at least once you get fitter you have the opportunity to ride/run a lot more relaxed rather than struggling the whole time
Old 20-03-2012, 12:19 PM
Perth WRX Old Skool Cool Dude

RichX knows their stuff

I am trying to get my Level13 in the Beep Test back.

Fitness drops off so quickly - But quick to get back.

I am happy with Level13 as a fitness level, Level 14 ... so hard.

12.8 last week, getting close again.
Old 28-03-2012, 11:24 PM
STI Master

mrclubspecevo4 at standard level

Thought I would share:

I am 5'5" and weighed 84kgs at the end of January. I am pretty active person and don't sit around much and was looking to lose a few kg's. I set myself a goal of trying to lose 1kg per week over the 10 week school term.
I rarely drink alcohol and have not added any extra exercise to my routine.

Firstly, I increased my water intake with no other modifications to what I ate and drank. Just by drinking more water, I actually felt bloated and for a few days, gained a kg or two. After a week or so, I found that I was eating smaller portions of food as I was feeling full from drinking heaps (2-3L) of water every day.

Working along with this simple change, I managed to reduce my portion size and servings considerably (I used to eat a whole large pizza myself). This helped me drop 5kgs in the first 5 weeks.

About a month ago, I stopped drinking Coke. I used to drink 9 cans somedays and after thye first one, all I wanted was another. I am not and have never been a sweet tooth, but enjoyed and had made a routine of having a Coke after work each day, then another, and another and you get the picture.

Giving up was easy, I just decided I would drink something else, mainly water and the occasional Powerade/Gatorade or diluted orange juice when I feel like some sugar. Knowing that a meal from Maccas and HJ's comes with a Coke, I have stopped buying these too.
On my cheat days, I will have Nando's or Red Rooster instead and only 1 quarter chicken and chips instead of a bit of this and that.

Week nine of the school term and 9kg's gone. Sitting at 75kg. have dropped a belt size and the abs are starting to make a comeback.

Ideally, I would love to maintain 70-75kg's but pack on lean muscle.
My next goal for next term is cardio. Rowing and running mainly and would love to do some adventure type trails through the hills.

Maybe it's a CSB, but I don't care, I am stoked.

Toni
Jimmy S, SPEC IV and Top-Deck like this.
Old 28-03-2012, 11:47 PM
Sign me up!
uh oh

gumby at standard level
Send a message via MSN to gumby

Well done Toni on losing the 9kg
Old 29-03-2012, 07:23 PM
Sir AntiLag

ausyve at standard level

OK. Rode again to work with the thought of breaking my 2 hour ride home by half an hour.
Pleasantly surprised to have beaten it by 45 minutes. Heading toward the hour mark now. will see how I go on Monday. Lol.
Old 30-03-2012, 09:57 PM
WRX Hi Five Club

Ashby at standard level

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrclubspecevo4 View Post
About a month ago, I stopped drinking Coke. I used to drink 9 cans somedays and after thye first one, all I wanted was another. I am not and have never been a sweet tooth, but enjoyed and had made a routine of having a Coke after work each day, then another, and another and you get the picture.
Congrats on the 9kg, gooood stuff.

Too true dude, coke is addictive and you can't just have one or make a habit of having one here n there because you will want more. I was addicted to coke, drank around 1 litre everyday before I started a fitness/complete lifestyle change.

I got headaches the first day without coke, small headaches the second day and then bam, no more withdrawal symptoms from the third day onwards. And since I made this change I've currently lost 23kg (a lot of healthy eating and exercise/weight training). 110kg down to 87kg. I'm 5'8" with a medium/stocky build so my goal is to get under 80kg and then work toward 75kg and maintain

Tags
do you even lift? srsly, fitness, health, wellbeing