Perth-WRX.com  

Go Back   Perth-WRX.com > Off Topic Discussions > Non-WRX Discussion
Register Diddy Kart ArticlesAll AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Welcome to Perth-WRX, click here to register!

Like Tree193Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-01-2012, 01:18 PM
STI Master

TheDoctor at standard level

Quote:
Originally Posted by matthews View Post
I use to use the Nike+. Works good until you go too long and the phone over heats and plays up. Had many runs that i lost all the running details because the phone stuffed up.
I have just bought a Garmin 310. Good for multi sports as I am training for the busso 70.3 triathlon. It tracks both my bike rides and my runs. since I have this I don't take my phone every time and enjoy the peace and quiet on my runs with out the music all the time.
Interesting. I'm already a bit annoyed with it. I just bought the sensor 'cos I don't have the money for new trainers at the moment. Got it yesterday and went for a run this morning. Run didn't last long. I had wedged the sensor under my shoe laces but it kept falling out. So I got a stanley knife and modified my own trainers to make the sensor fit.

Went for a run and it all worked smoothly. Until I got home and the App wouldn't upload my run to the website. So I did a bit of googling out found out this was a problem common to the original App that comes packaged with iPhones and that I had to download the new one. Which means my first run won't get counted and I'll have to start from scratch tomorrow.

A minor inconvenience I know but still annoying when you are excited to start using a new product.
Old 10-01-2012, 02:20 PM
Flat Four Father

ALEX. knows their stuff

The first time I tried that Nike thing... like 3 years ago... was my first run in many years. As I was running, every time I saw another K tick over I was motivated to keep going, even though I was dying. I kept going right up to the 10km mark.
Needless to say, for the next week movement was near impossible How I managed 10ks on a cardiovascular level (shit, any level) coming from 0% fitness is beyond me; it was all done at a decent pace.

I so wasn't overtraining. Obviously I'm not crazy enough to try something like that out of the blocks now.
Old 07-03-2012, 12:09 PM
DCCD Donut Driver

matthews at standard level

So how is every-bodies training going?? 58 more days till the Busselton 1/2 Ironman. Doing a team with my brother. He is swimming and I have the riding and the run legs. Training is all coming together. 18km run on Saturday been for heaps of 70km rides. Hopefully I can pull it all together on the one day.
Old 07-03-2012, 02:14 PM
Flat Four Father

mitchwnz knows their stuff
Send a message via MSN to mitchwnz Send a message via Skype™ to mitchwnz

Reading the last few comments in this thread has given me the motorvation to actually run outside and not on the treadmill. Have been doing 10 mins on 13kmph on the treadmill, and then the last 5 mins cranking it up to 14, 15 and then 16 before a nice long warm down.. Problem is I've been getting major shin pains which has stopped me in my tracks this week :-(
Old 07-03-2012, 02:21 PM
WRX Hi Five Club

Top-Deck at standard level

Quote:
Originally Posted by mitchwnz View Post
Problem is I've been getting major shin pains which has stopped me in my tracks this week :-(
Good to see you are motivated...ahem...motorvated to get outside for your runs Mitch, so much nicer in the fresh air! As for the above, running on grass makes a huge difference as opposed to concrete paths/treadmills
Old 07-03-2012, 02:42 PM
STI Master

Riggs at standard level

Started the second phase of my new cross-fit program this week. First 3 weeks was working joint mobility and was pretty frustrating but stuck with it, lost a wee bit of size (was compounded by me not eating as much as I usually do). Loving this phase though, get to lift some weight again!
Old 12-03-2012, 09:58 PM
Sir AntiLag

b32 at standard level

Quote:
Originally Posted by mitchwnz View Post
Problem is I've been getting major shin pains which has stopped me in my tracks this week :-(
Sometimes better shoes can help with shin splints. Go to a foot locker type place and get them to test your feet by walking on the pressure pad things and mention the shin splints. They will hopefully sort you out with a better shoe, just be ready to pay for it I'm a fan of Asics.
Top-Deck likes this.
Old 12-03-2012, 10:09 PM
Flat Four Father

NVRENUF at standard level

Best thing I did for shin splints was get new shoes and rubber insoles made so much difference
Old 12-03-2012, 10:30 PM
Subaru Tech Division

SyncSubaru at standard level

Mines gone to shit. I am kicking my extremely bad caffeine addiction, and drinking truckloads of water, and I started to actually eat breakfast... and sleep earlier at night..

I have gained weight le sigh... God help me!
Old 16-03-2012, 09:55 PM
WRX Hi Five Club

Ashby at standard level

Well I was 111kg mid October last year and 5 months later I am down 21.5kg. My goal was to be under 89kg by 28/03/12 as it is my birthday. I'm 89.5kg at the moment so well on the way to beating my goal

My next goal is 80kg by July 1st. I think some1 here put me to the test, I will post pics etc. Later down the road.

Oh and Sync Subaru, breakfast is by far the most important meal of the day, it will kick your bodies metabolism into gear and as a result you will burn more calories . And try to eat only fibreress veggies for dinner with lean meat to keep your insulin levels down before bed. Boosting your insulin levels with sugar and fast digesting carbs will spike your insulin and therefore make you fat, as insulin is a fat storing hormone.
Top-Deck likes this.

Tags
do you even lift? srsly, fitness, health, wellbeing