Perth-WRX.com  

Go Back   Perth-WRX.com > Off Topic Discussions > Non-WRX Discussion
Register Diddy Kart ArticlesAll AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Welcome to Perth-WRX, click here to register!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-08-2008, 12:22 PM
Sir AntiLag

MadDocker at standard level

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kato
Well I'm going to be different to everyone. I think most cops are great. In all the dealings I have had with the police force (whether it be for car/business/personal) they have always been courteous, understanding and if I was in the wrong told me straight. So I'm not sure what all you guys who 'hate the police' are doing differently.

Personally, I am glad they are there and do their job.

Anyhoo...
Used to agree with you. Doing absolutely nothing and going through the process of blatant lies by police officers that are supposedly around to enforce the law changed my tune. All I could imagine during the whole process is all the people that have been screwed by the long arm of the law and are sitting in jail just so a few cops could look good or keep themselves out of trouble. I feel sorry for anybody that requires police attention and has the fools who I had to deal with sent out. Until this kind of bullshit is wiped out, police are properly monitored, rules are enforced properly and they realise that they are not above the law and cant get away with this kind of behaviour people will disgruntled and not trust or respect police.
Old 04-08-2008, 12:29 PM
STI Master

Taktics at standard level

Mate got a cop fired, and had to pay compo, coz he assulted my mate during interagations and tampered with the tapes in the cell and also at the shoppin complex. He lost his job, and if he cant pay the amount, he better hope he dont drop no soap.
Old 04-08-2008, 12:43 PM
Perth WRX Old Skool Cool Dude

Strubaru knows their stuff

next time you get pulled over for no-reason, just pull out your mobile and flick into into video camera mode and record them as they approach your window, when they ask just tell them you're recording the conversation for future evidence as far as i know this is totally legal? i mean if they're not doing anything wrong, why should they mind you recording it
Old 04-08-2008, 01:04 PM
Powered by BP98

phizzle at standard level

Quote:
Well I'm going to be different to everyone. I think most cops are great. In all the dealings I have had with the police force (whether it be for car/business/personal) they have always been courteous, understanding and if I was in the wrong told me straight. So I'm not sure what all you guys who 'hate the police' are doing differently.

Anyhoo...
With all my dealings thus far I can honestly say the same. When I've been a naughty boy they gave it to me. Have yet to be 'randomly' pulled over. I have found they won't pull you over unless you've been a dick and deserve it. Can't speak for everyone but so far that's me...............

And just remember who the first people you call are when your car or house gets broken into, or some random is walking down your street with a baseball bat. Respect goes both ways. If they give you none, fair enough do what you will. But don't paint them all with the same brush. As with Muslims the select few spoil it for the rest of them.

My 2c
Old 04-08-2008, 01:25 PM
Sir AntiLag

*Stockers* at standard level

Quote:

Anyhoo...

Agreed.

And as far as that bullshit about "bullied-in-school" or "little-man-syndrome" goes - you are a twat.

Do you know any officers personally? Have some respect for them and what they do, they give up their anonymity, get hated on by sikkunts like yourselves while they protect your way of life - and all for a gross underpayment.

I'm not naive enough to believe that there arent exceptions, and everybody has a bad day.

Stop hatin.
Old 04-08-2008, 01:49 PM
Perth WRX Old Skool Cool Dude

Strubaru knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by *Stockers*
Agreed.

And as far as that bullshit about "bullied-in-school" or "little-man-syndrome" goes - you are a twat.

Do you know any officers personally? Have some respect for them and what they do, they give up their anonymity, get hated on by sikkunts like yourselves while they protect your way of life - and all for a gross underpayment.

I'm not naive enough to believe that there arent exceptions, and everybody has a bad day.

Stop hatin.
i did say the ones you have run-ins with (being for no apparent reason) maybe you should read post's properly before you start name-calling, and yes i have a mate who's an officer and he's a top bloke, which is why i started my post "there are some good coppa's out there"

mmkay, sorry if i offended you in some way
Old 04-08-2008, 01:53 PM
STI Master

ninjawrx at standard level

I remember the days 10+ years back they did stuff like this to let the blokes know at the pits to give you a hard time. I even had a yellow sticker sideways and he pulled a razor out and put 20+ slices criss cross so i couldnt pull the sticker off and relace i strait
Old 04-08-2008, 01:55 PM
STI Master

doadrift at standard level

I don't hate all cops at all I have dealt with alot of great guys. But SOME of them, mainly the traffic cops seem to get into this frame of mind that your and evil street racer bent on killing people just because you drive a car with a bodykit.

I mean to be fair they drive a commodore so can I presume they are hoons wanting to do burnouts out the front of my house at 5am? No.

When I'm in my rx7 (when it was running) I would get pulled over all the time for "license checks" and get yellowed several times WITH permits and go over the pits and they would just wave me through. But I was spending the $70-$100 everytime and having to get a morning off work aswell.
They would also ALWAYS wave me down at booze bus's. Like im talking they have the arrow sign out, then they turn it around and walk back to the bus and as soon as they see my car they run out as fast as they can and wave me down. Then several times tried to yellow my car (once when it was already yellowed for nothing) check my license, search my car, everything like I'm some criminal when I dont even have a police record.

I understand you seesomeone dodgey so check them out but this goes a bit far I'm hardly dodgey.

On the other side of the coin I have to deal with alot of cops from working nightclubs, we have a guy that bottled a chick in the face and I have been dealing with the police on that alot and so far have been really good and they seem to actually really want to prosecute this guy which he deserves.

But sadly guys its the BAD ones you remember. And until the dickheads stop acting up it brings the whole force down respect wise.
Old 04-08-2008, 03:02 PM
Sir AntiLag

MadDocker at standard level

Quote:
Originally Posted by *Stockers*
I have family friends who are in the police force and I get along with them fine but it does not change the fact that i do not trust the police and the system in general is bullshit. They chose to give up there anonymity and do the job, nobdy forces them. As for gross underpayment I could not disagree with you more. They get enough for what they do. If anybody deserves a pay rise it is the nurses and teachers.
Old 04-08-2008, 03:30 PM
STI Master

ninjawrx at standard level

My uncle is in charge of his own squad in the TRG (commander) and did many years in traffic and a stint in internal affairs.
Some of the storys i have heard of what he and other traffic cops seen on the roads makes me understand why some traffic cops get upset with younger guys in hot cars but yeah there are a few cops that have a chip on there shoulder.

I got pulled over a year back and acually had the cop ask me if i was late for work. I said no im acually early. He asked if he could take 10min of my time to look at my car as he likes WRX's and asked if they were ok on fuel and comfortable to drive. His partner was just sitting in the car waiting lol.

Great cops they were!

Tags
awards, day, dickheads