Perth-WRX.com  

Go Back   Perth-WRX.com > Off Topic Discussions > Non-WRX Discussion
Register Diddy Kart ArticlesAll AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Welcome to Perth-WRX, click here to register!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 25-09-2008, 05:05 PM
Sign me up!
Nazi Sled Driver

DAN682 at standard level
Send a message via ICQ to DAN682 Send a message via MSN to DAN682 Send a message via Yahoo to DAN682

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kato
Only works if they are using exchange.

If you send it out to others who are on different mail systems (like your standard POP3 accounts), they get the original message and the recall message, with epic lulz ensuing
It only works if they are on the same exchange servers as you also doesn't it?

If that isn't clear, I mean If I worked for Holden and you for Ford and I recalled the message you wouldn't get any request as we are not on the same trusted server.. right?
Old 25-09-2008, 05:14 PM
Perth WRX Old Skool Cool Dude

RichX knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by DAN682
It only works if they are on the same exchange servers as you also doesn't it?

If that isn't clear, I mean If I worked for Holden and you for Ford and I recalled the message you wouldn't get any request as we are not on the same trusted server.. right?
It only works within the same internal exchange environment, things get complicated when you start talking about several exchange env's with domain trusts, routing connectors and whatnot.

It can work across multiple exchange servers no problem.
Old 25-09-2008, 05:15 PM
Burnout!

Kato is a guruKato is a guru

Yeah I would say so too.

All I know is I get all these 'recalled' emails and of course scour them to see what the mistake was
Old 25-09-2008, 06:48 PM
STI Master

Adz at standard level

Have a major stuff up/accident - that ill remember always

Whilst working for jme at australasia aluminium and steel, was doing a gate install and some touchups on some baludstrating for a place in vic park. Couple were a bunch of anal type architects.. that would break balls at any given moment for ANY reason whatsoever.

The gate that was made was sent back to powder coaters twice.. firstly cuz the finish wasnt 'smooth enough' and then the welds werent "straight enough".. ugh.. you try hand weld (guy that did the job was ace.. was AWESOME welding to say the least).

Anyways they needed some touchup paint done upstairs on some screws that were used.. so you couldnt tell they were there "needed paint on screwheads to blend in"

Went to powder coaters - got a 2 pack mix in seperate jars.. easy enough, they gave me some cups to use for mixing. Went to job - after much ball breakage installing the front gate (she made comments on the immaculate gate - having the most minor of imperfections) i thought it was as good as a time of any - to mix up the paint - and touch the upstairs job.

I mixed it up outside - near our worktruck and applyed it to a small piece of steel. Left it out in the sun to dry - so i could be sure the colour was matching before i did upstairs. Waited a good few mins for that to dry - took it upstairs and did a colour check - everything was a-ok.

Now picture a very fashionable home in vic park.. white marble floor under stair case. Stair case itself is 1 solid beam that goes down centre - with jarrah type single slats as steps. Stainless wire as supports either side.

Anyways i go outside. Grab a fine brush.. cup in hand with paint.. good to go.. walk in the house - up the stairs.. about 2 steps from the top - i feel a wetspot land just above my knee.. as i look down - i see spots forming on my workboots..

I simply yell "OH FARK!!" at which time this bitch comes out from the kitchen.. at the exact moment the bottom of the cup melts.. and drops a healthy amount of PURPLE 2 coat paint onto the floor. It splashes everywhere.. and begins to drip its way down the top 3 steps.. then proceeds to DRIP to the floor under the staircase.. which is of course.. White marble!

The marble was cleaned up there and then - had some stuff in the truck.. the wooden floors/walls however.. were a different story!

I learned my lesson - having never used the stuff before - DO NOT USE 2 pack paint with plastic cup - it apparently eats it (though it took a good 10 mins). Couldn't of happened outside - whilst i was testing.. was perfect time/place.. karma at its best.

Thats my epic fail.
Old 25-09-2008, 07:09 PM
Subaru Tech Division

TopGear at standard level

prety big fail there yeah Architects are the worst to work for they think they so high and mighty, picky as fuck.
Old 25-09-2008, 07:15 PM
Sign me up!
Nazi Sled Driver

DAN682 at standard level
Send a message via ICQ to DAN682 Send a message via MSN to DAN682 Send a message via Yahoo to DAN682

Oh man! That sucks! Good story, It had me on the edge of my seat
Old 25-09-2008, 07:31 PM
STI Master

perthzed at standard level

Well I'm not sure how epic a stuff up this is - depends how good bloc party turn out to be. Tried to get tickets this morning from heatseeker @ $78 per ticket, wasn't having any luck so googled 'buy bloc party tickets perth' some European website popped up with tickets, so I quickly bought them, went through checkout etc, didn't even check the price $250 each (and I bought 3) Big oops.
Old 25-09-2008, 07:50 PM
Subaru Tech Division

TopGear at standard level

Id say thats epic fail doubt they even real!
Old 25-09-2008, 08:42 PM
Subaru Tech Division

MKVIGTI at standard level

Parked a D11R Dozer on its side ( bit over 100 tonne).

That is all!!!
Old 25-09-2008, 08:45 PM
STI Master

Splat_man at standard level
Send a message via MSN to Splat_man

How did you manage that!!!

Tags
epic, stuff, ups