Perth-WRX.com  

Go Back   Perth-WRX.com > Off Topic Discussions > Non-WRX Discussion
Register Diddy Kart ArticlesAll AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Welcome to Perth-WRX, click here to register!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-01-2009, 08:26 AM
Flat Four Father

XT43 is a guruXT43 is a guruXT43 is a guru

There are always going to be fucktards.

There are always going to be cars.

fucktards + cars = accidents and deaths.

Maybe a reason there might not have been many police sightings is that there are not enough of them??

But when you are paid 2/5ths of fuck all to pull dead people out of cars and put up with drunk coons I can see why.

Anybody keen to join the force and help solve the problem??
Old 07-01-2009, 09:11 AM
The Modulator

American Dave is a guruAmerican Dave is a guru

Any idea why they spend so much time discussing road safety and deaths as opposed to the statistics and results from the police fighting other crime such as theft and assault?

I suggest its because they get a financial return from "policing" our roads but no such return from fighting crimes such as theft and assault. Please tell me Karl how are the stats for those crimes and are you equally disappointed?
Old 07-01-2009, 09:28 AM
Flat Four Father

You will probably find that the only questions that are asked are about the road safety by the reporters so they are the only figures you hear about.

Go hang out at the courts for a day and I'm pretty sure they are filled ( as well as the prisons ) with scum that have bashed, ransacked and fucked over the community as a whole.

Have you sent off for your Police Acadamy application form yet or are you going to fix the worlds problems infront of your computer??
Old 07-01-2009, 09:33 AM
STI Master

perthzed at standard level

People keep on mentioning training/education etc, but people know they shouldn't be doing 180 in a 40, they know they shouldn't be driving after sinking shitloads of piss etc etc. Extra training may help in a few cases, but generally speaking, to quote XT43, "there's always going to be fucktards".
Old 07-01-2009, 10:19 AM
The Modulator

Quote:
Originally Posted by XT43
You will probably find that the only questions that are asked are about the road safety by the reporters so they are the only figures you hear about.

Go hang out at the courts for a day and I'm pretty sure they are filled ( as well as the prisons ) with scum that have bashed, ransacked and fucked over the community as a whole.

Have you sent off for your Police Acadamy application form yet or are you going to fix the worlds problems infront of your computer??
hahahaha no that wont take me because I am too old but I do pay my taxes and employ on average some 200 workers each week in WA. I would like to think I am doing my bit for WA but also feel that I have the right to voice my OPINION.
Old 07-01-2009, 10:38 AM
Flat Four Father

Congratulations on doing your bit for WA.

I don't think that you don't deserve an opinion but it is just so easy to sit back and take the piss from the sidelines.

God forbid that the coppers ever get a pat on the back or maybe we will hear about that when you hear guys busting into your house at 2am.

Or will you call Ghostbusters...
Old 07-01-2009, 10:45 AM
The Modulator

Quote:

I don't think that you don't deserve an opinion but it is just so easy to sit back and take the piss from the sidelines.

God forbid that the coppers ever get a pat on the back or maybe we will hear about that when you hear guys busting into your house at 2am.

Or will you call Ghostbusters...
but thats exactly the point. god forbid I have to rely on the cops to attend a break in...experience tells me I will be disappointed by the response. Sounds to me like you might be one of WA's finest
Old 07-01-2009, 11:07 AM
Burnout!

Kato is a guruKato is a guru

The problem isn't the officers on the beat. They do a fantastic job (imo anyway).

The problem is these dickhead study groups that go running to the government that the hoons are killing the children and they need to stop it immediately. Some knee jerk reaction law gets passed and it is hailed to stop all road deaths instantly. Then bingo, what do you know people still die. It is a terrible thing, but one that will always happen whilst people drive cars.

Whilst any loss of life is tragic, is 14 too high, too low or just right for the amount of risk that is out there on the roads? Are they trying to acheive an impossible target? What were the actual causes of these fatal crashes and how exactly would a multanova have stopped any of these deaths?

Rather than being on TV saying how terrible it is, how about using that time to educate drivers? Run some adverts reminding people how to drive (i.e. indicating at a roundabout, giving way, dangers of being too close etc).
Old 07-01-2009, 11:07 AM
Subaru Tech Division

vyper at standard level

Quote:
Definately sounds like you're doing something; in that case Dave and the rest of us are paying your wages - So you're not the only one with a right to an opinion, officer.

...and why are all figures based on numerical quantities instead of percentages or a more reasonable quantity? 14 people is how many % of the population with a license, or how many deaths per km driven, etc.

Last edited by vyper; 07-01-2009 at 11:09 AM.
Old 07-01-2009, 11:19 AM
Subaru Tech Division

[REXPLOIT] at standard level
Send a message via MSN to [REXPLOIT]

Quote:

^ Im counting down the days currently, until I discharge from the ADF, after just off 10 years in the job. I know that I would have no probs passing the fitness/written/aptitude/drug tests and the like... I was just amazed at how much the police force DONT get paid for the work they do.....???

This was one of the avenues that I explored... however... for the substantial paycut I would have to take, no thanks. Which is unfortunate, as I would pride myself on not being an asshole... and doing things right. Not to mention im a bloody crack shot with a 9 mm....

I know I feel sorry for the guys on the force, often doing a horrible job, (car crashes, telling the families, being mugged and the like at events), for the lowly pay they get. More pushing for higher dollars me thinks... You deserve it.

Brent.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Tags
disappointed, police, road, toll, xmas