Perth-WRX.com  

Go Back   Perth-WRX.com > Off Topic Discussions > Non-WRX Discussion
Register Diddy Kart ArticlesAll AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Welcome to Perth-WRX, click here to register!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-01-2009, 11:24 AM
STI Master

AWDmoke at standard level

Quote:
Originally Posted by XT43
There are always going to be fucktards.

There are always going to be cars.

fucktards + cars = accidents and deaths.
I disagree.

There are always going to be fucktards.

fucktards = accidents and deaths (it's called natural selection)

There may not always be cars.

Old 07-01-2009, 12:21 PM
Flat Four Father

XT43 is a guruXT43 is a guruXT43 is a guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by American Dave
but thats exactly the point. god forbid I have to rely on the cops to attend a break in...experience tells me I will be disappointed by the response. Sounds to me like you might be one of WA's finest
Sorry Dave and Vyper far from being the truth so no, you don't pay my wages but I still don't have a jaded view of a bunch of guys and gals trying to help.

I think response times might have have something to do with being stretched a bit thin. I know I would rather rattle a few rounds off at some scum instead of munching on a dohnut.

Maybe if we held the police up in a better light maybe a few more people would be interested in joining. The ' Us Vs Them ' mentality is getting a bit old.

Thankyou sleepR for confirming that at this stage there is not much incentive for joining the force.

Last edited by XT43; 07-01-2009 at 12:29 PM.
Old 07-01-2009, 12:53 PM
STI Master

perthzed at standard level

Quote:
Originally Posted by sleepR
^ Im counting down the days currently, until I discharge from the ADF, after just off 10 years in the job. I know that I would have no probs passing the fitness/written/aptitude/drug tests and the like... I was just amazed at how much the police force DONT get paid for the work they do.....???

This was one of the avenues that I explored... however... for the substantial paycut I would have to take, no thanks. Which is unfortunate, as I would pride myself on not being an asshole... and doing things right. Not to mention im a bloody crack shot with a 9 mm....

I know I feel sorry for the guys on the force, often doing a horrible job, (car crashes, telling the families, being mugged and the like at events), for the lowly pay they get. More pushing for higher dollars me thinks... You deserve it.

Brent.

Did you ever end up in the Solomon Islands, I lived there for 3 years.
Old 07-01-2009, 01:25 PM
WRX Hi Five Club

theprotest at standard level

Quote:
Originally Posted by American Dave
but thats exactly the point. god forbid I have to rely on the cops to attend a break in...experience tells me I will be disappointed by the response. Sounds to me like you might be one of WA's finest
Hi Dave,

Dissapointing comment mate. Your gripe is probably founded, but the issue here is that you are blaming the people on the ground for the problems caused by the top floor.

Just ask that you direct your anger to the right place.

Cheers,
Nik
Old 07-01-2009, 01:50 PM
www.dilettante.net

EXPLICIT at standard level
Send a message via MSN to EXPLICIT

No doubt the pen pushers have more to explain than say the boys/girls on the beat doing the job they can. HOWEVER if Karl is going to use media outlets to express said dissappointment whilst dancing around statistics that show otherwise, its going to cause backlash, and rightly so.
Old 07-01-2009, 02:11 PM
Potty Training Scoobie Noobie

nice_jay at standard level

I saw an L plater get onto Alexander Drive one afternoon. Empty road just the two of us. He indicated and moved into the right lane. I thought, sure, he might be turning right. But no, he stayed in right lane from Mt Lawley down to Northbridge. It’s just a cycle of terrible drivers and people who teach them. One of my Kiwi mates said back home you get booked for driving in right lane when left is clear. Same thing should happen here then you won’t get people doing 90 in right lane on freeway. The end.
Old 07-01-2009, 02:13 PM
The Modulator

American Dave is a guruAmerican Dave is a guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by theprotest
Hi Dave,

Dissapointing comment mate. Your gripe is probably founded, but the issue here is that you are blaming the people on the ground for the problems caused by the top floor.

Just ask that you direct your anger to the right place.

Cheers,
Nik
Nik come on mate read the posts or let me express more clearly...I am having a go Karl for sure and his use of the media, absolutely. cops on the beat def not...more like we dont have enough of them to make a difference'and therefore I am disappointed in the service they provide (they are public servants last time I checked). Is it the individual cop? Hell no! Pay peanuts and what do you get or expect? Its easy for Karl to look like he is doing something when it comes to roads and safety but the same cant be said for other crime I suggest.
Old 07-01-2009, 02:17 PM
Subaru Tech Division

vyper at standard level

Quote:
Originally Posted by XT43
Sorry Dave and Vyper far from being the truth so no, you don't pay my wages but I still don't have a jaded view of a bunch of guys and gals trying to help.
Not disagreeing with you mate, they do deserve more than what they get. But everyone has a right to an opinion, whatever it may be. The initial post is having a go at the desk rats (Karl), moreso than the boys in blue out on the streets - Correct me if I'm wrong.

Edit: As above. He beat me to it ^^.
Old 07-01-2009, 03:38 PM
Flat Four Father

XT43 is a guruXT43 is a guruXT43 is a guru

Personally I think that we are lucky to have found any fucker that would want the job and even then didn't we have to import him?

I'm sure if he could have it his way he would want more funding, resources and most importantly coppers on the beat. Why wouldn't he, I'm sure he would love to bathe in the glory of lower crime and a lower road toll.

The fact is he has to hold media conferences and like I said before he has to answer questions on the hot topics right now being the Xmas road toll and the hoons on the street, therefore having to do something about it.

If the media didn't continually beat up stories ( eg hoons ) then it wouldn't be in the public eye, he wouldn't have to be seen to be doing anything about it and we would all probably feel a bit happier.

Also is 14 deaths compared to the amount of people on the roads bad?? ( don't get me wrong 0 would be great ) If there were 5 deaths I'm sure we would all still see titles such as 'Christmas Carnage' etc so when would we all be happy??

No, Karl is not my dad
Old 07-01-2009, 03:43 PM
The Modulator

American Dave is a guruAmerican Dave is a guru

death and taxes...count on both!

Tags
disappointed, police, road, toll, xmas