Perth-WRX.com  

Go Back   Perth-WRX.com > Off Topic Discussions > Non-WRX Discussion
Register Diddy Kart ArticlesAll AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Welcome to Perth-WRX, click here to register!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 17-01-2009, 05:52 PM
WRX Hi Five Club

JTR at standard level

Quote:
Originally Posted by sleepR
^ I can only give insight into the water-borne choice of the ADF... (The senior service... ) So hit me up next cruise or whatever if you want the REAL opinions. Ill tell you RIGHT NOW... DO NOT believe anything you hear in recruiting... (if you decide to go see them), they will sell you ANYTHING to get you in the door....

I know MANY, MANY people that have been burned... But if you want an insight into the Electronics Technician trade, just ask. Over 9 years and counting. And ive been to Hawaii twice, China, Vietnam, Singapore, Thailand, Malaysia, India, Kuwait, Oman, Bahrain, the UAE... just to name a few...

Brent.
yer for sure, would be good to get an insight to what its really like, i assumed they would be like used car sales men
Old 17-01-2009, 06:00 PM
WRX Hi Five Club

JTR at standard level

Quote:
Originally Posted by matthews
^^Not sure what trade you are after but we don't ask for guys to have done pre-apps.
As a general comment I think have the problem is the young guys want big money and every thing to happen straight away and are not prepared to work there way up. Like having a 17yo walk in of the street and telling me he want $25 an hour becouse he thinks he is worth and and thats what he needs to live on. Do the hard yards like most other poeple( some are luck and don't have to) but most poeple need to work hard and then the money starts to come in.
i tried to get an auto electrician app & they all said get a pre-app cert, i even offered to do work experience, werent interested. im happy to start at the bottom and work my way up, only way to learn, and i wouldnt expect any1 to pay me big bucks, as long as some money is coming in im not bothered.
if you dont mind me asking, what do you do?

I would go to tafe and do a pre-app coarse, unfortunitly like most young guys i have some debt to pay and cant stop working fulltime. unless i can do it part time, i might have to look into that.

Last edited by JTR; 17-01-2009 at 06:04 PM.
Old 17-01-2009, 06:19 PM
WRX Hi Five Club

PsYcHeD at standard level

Quote:
Originally Posted by evo 298
i have a clubspec evo 2 and an RA earning 30ish a year...just sold the clubspec which pretty much paid off the RA.

how about contributing something half decent to a thread instead of jumping on once in a blue moon and bagging people FUCKHEAD
I would say my opinion was contributing. There in no way i would have a WRX on 40k/yr. Then again, they are mighty cheap these days.

And i only get a chance to jump on "once in a blue moon" cos i work so much. On nightshift currently tho, so have plenty of time to 'contribute'. Keep ur eyes peeled for more gems...

(Sorry, i'm not sure if i was meant to add in a personal insult to get my point across? Pls PM me if so and advise on appropriate location of an insult).
Old 17-01-2009, 06:24 PM
Sign me up!
IMPREZA STi S204

JDM_STYLE at standard level

Ive got a feeling your going to be banned shortly
as your pissing off alot of people lately.

Its easy to be a keyboard warrior, maybe you should introduce
yourself at the next big PWRX cruise.

221.7KW-ATW 498.5NM MMS ROLLER DYNO & BUILT BY STi NINJAS, BUILD #318/600

EBISU SUBARU, SHIBUYA-KU TOKYO
Old 17-01-2009, 06:27 PM
Sign me up!
Baller on a budget

V3 RA at standard level
Send a message via MSN to V3 RA

Quote:
Originally Posted by PsYcHeD
I would say my opinion was contributing. There in no way i would have a WRX on 40k/yr. Then again, they are mighty cheap these days.

And i only get a chance to jump on "once in a blue moon" cos i work so much. On nightshift currently tho, so have plenty of time to 'contribute'. Keep ur eyes peeled for more gems...

(Sorry, i'm not sure if i was meant to add in a personal insult to get my point across? Pls PM me if so and advise on appropriate location of an insult).

im at work to so i got nothing but time. all your posts have been gems so far as im sure your other 30ish posts are too. pm away, im p s y c h e d!

being big and tough on the internet isnt one of my hobbies. people can do what they want with their money, again who are you to judge. if P platers can manage their finances to have wrx's surely 25-30 year olds can. its not hard, even if your a student, its their choice to make.

JDM version 3 STi RA
Old 17-01-2009, 06:28 PM
WRX Hi Five Club

PsYcHeD at standard level

Does it look like i care?

And no, u wont see me at a cruise cos i no longer have a WRX. Got a family wagon now. I just pass thru here occassionally when bored for a bit of fun.
Old 17-01-2009, 06:32 PM
Sign me up!
Baller on a budget

V3 RA at standard level
Send a message via MSN to V3 RA

Quote:

And no, u wont see me at a cruise cos i no longer have a WRX. Got a family wagon now. I just pass thru here occassionally when bored for a bit of fun.

your awesomely cool man, but very pathetic.

JDM version 3 STi RA
Old 17-01-2009, 06:33 PM
Sign me up!
IMPREZA STi S204

JDM_STYLE at standard level

Quote:
Originally Posted by evo 298
your awesomely cool man, but very pathetic.
Check out the swan valley thread new info added

221.7KW-ATW 498.5NM MMS ROLLER DYNO & BUILT BY STi NINJAS, BUILD #318/600

EBISU SUBARU, SHIBUYA-KU TOKYO
Old 17-01-2009, 09:59 PM
DCCD Donut Driver

IanJ at standard level

Back on topic....

http://www.thewest.com.au/default.as...ntentID=118813
Old 18-01-2009, 01:40 PM
STI Master

doadrift at standard level

Quote:

Family wagon? I take it you have kids? You see alot of us don't have kids that suck away all of our funds and force us to drive "family wagons".

But then again I'm not on $40k/y either but my fiance is on less and she OWNS her wrx outright.

Tags
career, change