Perth-WRX.com  

Go Back   Perth-WRX.com > Off Topic Discussions > Non-WRX Discussion
Register Diddy Kart ArticlesAll AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Welcome to Perth-WRX, click here to register!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 14-01-2009, 02:30 PM
STI Master

perthzed at standard level

Quote:
Originally Posted by TopGear
depends what you do and how many cowboys came when there was lots of work

Well I'm hoping with this downturn we'll see a lot of these cowboys disappear. I've had 3 houses built & I've been gob smacked at the piss poor quality of everything from painting to plumbing to just simple shit. E.g The back door to the garage had the door handle on the wrong way round so the key hole was on the inside, the button facing outside. So I phoned the housing company, but they took so long to send someone round, i just did it myself. Came home from work the next day and my missus said "I thought you swapped round the door handle?" Mystified I went to check it out and lo and behold the dumb fuckers had turned up and swapped it back to the wrong way. Don't get me started on the pool.
Old 14-01-2009, 02:46 PM
Subaru Tech Division

[REXPLOIT] at standard level
Send a message via MSN to [REXPLOIT]

Quote:
Originally Posted by perthzed
Well I'm hoping with this downturn we'll see a lot of these cowboys disappear. I've had 3 houses built & I've been gob smacked at the piss poor quality of everything from painting to plumbing to just simple shit. E.g The back door to the garage had the door handle on the wrong way round so the key hole was on the inside, the button facing outside. So I phoned the housing company, but they took so long to send someone round, i just did it myself. Came home from work the next day and my missus said "I thought you swapped round the door handle?" Mystified I went to check it out and lo and behold the dumb fuckers had turned up and swapped it back to the wrong way. Don't get me started on the pool.

^ LOL. Sorry dude... thats gold!

Thats awesome. (Well, except when you live there of course....). haha.

Brent.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Old 14-01-2009, 02:46 PM
STI Master

Trexx at standard level
Send a message via Yahoo to Trexx

Quote:
Originally Posted by perthzed
Lol - your doing it wrong
Old 14-01-2009, 02:55 PM
Subaru Tech Division

lebrunt at standard level

Quote:
Originally Posted by Remnant
Thanks all, ive found that fremantle challenger tafe have the current course
DIPLOMA OF CIVIL AND STRUCTURAL ENGINEERING
It's also part time, so by the sounds of it, I might be able todo night courses.
I just wonder if my school grades from 5 years ago are up to standard :P

dont bother ...unit has been dropped !!! fuckin wankers im enrolled here atm but because they have cut the unit all my marks have not been entered into the system and hence cant enter uni yet because according to the tafe system i havent past yet !!! i know subi is doin the unit and midland tafe might be re opening it seeing as freo has dropped it !

pretty easy course can do a 2 year advanced diploma few of my mates finished it and are on 50k+ now after being outer tafe for less than a year !!! good return seein as the unit is cheap compared to uni !!
Old 14-01-2009, 03:00 PM
WRX Hi Five Club

Remnant at standard level

Well that sucks.. Well, whatever I decide todo, if its just a tafe course, I want to be able todo it at night atleast, so I can keep my current job. That means only part time courses according to what I was told.
Old 14-01-2009, 03:14 PM
Subaru Tech Division

WhiteRX at standard level
Send a message via MSN to WhiteRX

I agree with you 100%, there will always be a need for tradesmen, and i know in my work we still have heaps of work, just mayby the people who were earning loads of $$ will be down to a normal income.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattmy99
WTF do you mean "How on earth do you figure that?"

There will always be a need for tradespeople. I said nothing about "mining companies going to build massive infrastructure projects".
Tradies may not be in quite as high demands in the coming few years as they have been recently, and in turn, may not bring in the kind of money they have been, but there will ALWAYS be a need for them.

I dont know what industry you're in mate, or what your background is to give you the impression that all construction and infrastructure is going to slow to the extent you're suggesting, but as far as the industry that I'm in is concerned, skilled trades are in very high demand.
Old 14-01-2009, 03:19 PM
Ambitious but Rubbish...

Saint_23 is a guruSaint_23 is a guru

Working as a Trades Assistant in Construction on the sites that my Company has can pay quite well, but be prepared to work up north on FIFO roster.
Old 14-01-2009, 03:35 PM
Potty Training Scoobie Noobie

subarubloke at standard level

Quote:
Originally Posted by lebrunt
dont bother ...unit has been dropped !!! fuckin wankers im enrolled here atm but because they have cut the unit all my marks have not been entered into the system and hence cant enter uni yet because according to the tafe system i havent past yet !!! i know subi is doin the unit and midland tafe might be re opening it seeing as freo has dropped it !

pretty easy course can do a 2 year advanced diploma few of my mates finished it and are on 50k+ now after being outer tafe for less than a year !!! good return seein as the unit is cheap compared to uni !!

Hey dude how did you find this out? when i finished up at the end of last year, I didnt realy get an indication that they were dropping it? i know tafe freo is dodgy and has quite a few !politics!,
cheers,
Ben
Old 14-01-2009, 03:38 PM
Burnout!

Kato is a guruKato is a guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by lebrunt
cant enter uni yet because according to the tafe system i havent past yet !!!
Irony, I love thee Trav is ok too...

(P.S. it's passed )
Old 14-01-2009, 03:43 PM
Subaru Tech Division

lebrunt at standard level

meh they never taught me english just how to draw shit up on a computer

Tags
career, change