Perth-WRX.com  

Go Back   Perth-WRX.com > Off Topic Discussions > Non-WRX Discussion
Register Diddy Kart ArticlesAll AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Welcome to Perth-WRX, click here to register!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 14-01-2009, 03:45 PM
Subaru Tech Division

lebrunt at standard level

Quote:
Originally Posted by subarubloke
Hey dude how did you find this out? when i finished up at the end of last year, I didnt realy get an indication that they were dropping it? i know tafe freo is dodgy and has quite a few !politics!,
cheers,
Ben
had to call one of my teachers about why my marks had not been entered and he told me all about it ....from what i was told all the students that were at freo have been automatically accepted into subi if they chose to continue ...dont know why the unit was dropped though ...
Old 14-01-2009, 03:45 PM
Perth WRX Old Skool Cool Dude

RUSSGT is a guruRUSSGT is a guru

Once again im a little hurt by some of the comments made regarding Tradies. Im a tradesman and take alot of pride in my work. Im on over 60k a year and am 23. I see the typical "tradies are gettin so much and dont deserve it yada yada" and its just stearotypical elitist crap! Where would the world be if we where all white collar workers? In germany tradesman are given the respect they deserve and hence do a dam good job! I do a dam good job and still get lobbed into the same bucket as all these useless pricks callin themselves tradies.

Note to you. If you ring someone and get them to do a job for you. 99% of the people wont be a tradesman. Eg, builders, ceiling fixers, tilers, renderers, bricklayers, etc. These are the 17 year old kids goin out on their own after leavin their tradesman after 3 months working and assume they can do it themselves. The stupid thing is the builders use these kids because they are cheap. They get the work done and it looks good for 3 months then turns to crap.

That is why good tradesman are very highly sought after. Yet still dont get the respect they deserve.

http://kap.industries/
Old 14-01-2009, 03:51 PM
Burnout!

Kato is a guruKato is a guru

Well I disagree with that completely.

Dealing with welders, boilermakers, fabricators, electricians, fitters etc on a daily basis, all the good tradesmen are very well sought after and held in high regards.

The retards on ~5k per week claiming they are ever so poor, needing new work equipment every 2 weeks etc etc etc are the ones that don't deserve respect. They are milking everything they can.
Old 14-01-2009, 03:56 PM
WRX Hi Five Club

trusti rex at standard level

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bakks
Oh now one can argue that there will never be a time where this is NIL demand for tradeys, but I think most will agree that their time in the sun has come and passed.
b.s... are you a tradesperson? if not i think this is a guess more than fact. i'm a sub contractor in a highly unstable industry (the building industry) and i recently (2 days ago) got a new contract worth the most i've ever had.
the time in the sun has passed for cowboys pretending to be tradies, but that happened last slowdown also.

P.S. you can become a draftie/engineer and draw shit up, but who's gonna build it? if its over for tradesmen it was over for drafties a couple of months prior
Old 14-01-2009, 03:59 PM
WRX Hi Five Club

Remnant at standard level

lol, thats true.
Something like what saint_23 said I wouldnt mind doing, I know TA's earn a decent amount of money and working fifo as a TA would be enough and if it ever failed, I still have my HR and forklift licence and stores experience to fall onto. Also working with companies could lead to on site training and further opportunities.
Old 14-01-2009, 04:21 PM
Subaru Tech Division

astralex knows their stuff
Send a message via MSN to astralex

Woah, talk about shit fight between trade and office. How 'bout both parties shut the fuck up because you both know that you're needed just as much as the other.

Dude, I'm a full time uni student, with a wrx, living out of home (wait, living in a different state to home), and work part time. It can be done, and has been done many times before. If you want to go to uni you can, you just make sacrifices now and then. And besides, it's only 26 weeks of the year, plenty of time to work during holidays.
Old 14-01-2009, 04:33 PM
STI Master

SKYHIONPSI at standard level

Im a blue collar worker, waiting on uni application to come through tomorrow to see if i get in or not (scratch that, got into uni). I suggest if you do study, go part-time, as thats what im going to do and should still be able to make plenty of money to be able to move out and still get an education. It will be a long slog at uni, but be worth it in the future and making the sacrifice now will pay off.

Good luck either way which ever you decide to do. If anything start out part-time and go to full-time if you can get the right amount of hours at work and also school.

Cheers

Last edited by SKYHIONPSI; 14-01-2009 at 05:58 PM.
Old 14-01-2009, 04:40 PM
Potty Training Scoobie Noobie

subarubloke at standard level

Quote:
Originally Posted by lebrunt
had to call one of my teachers about why my marks had not been entered and he told me all about it ....from what i was told all the students that were at freo have been automatically accepted into subi if they chose to continue ...dont know why the unit was dropped though ...
just called them
Course Enquiries
Tel: 9239 8189

the 3332 diploma of drafting has been canceled and replaced, it is now called 3355 diploma of civil and strutural engineering, and is at the freo tafe
Old 14-01-2009, 04:45 PM
Subaru Tech Division

lebrunt at standard level

:S wft thats weird ay i was doing the same course just the different number ....weird

still i have passed (thanks john ) all my classes anyways so just need the reslults to be changed over which they should have been done when i finished last year !! called 4 times ....everytime had an email sent to someone with urget on the top with my phone number ...do you think i have got a reply yet NO!
Old 14-01-2009, 07:03 PM
Flat Four Father

Rexxar at standard level
Send a message via MSN to Rexxar

i started as a trainee estimator..now 1.5 yr later im stil with same company..hoping to get into similar position but diff company with better pay...had to do mechanical engineering i think i was at tafe partime

Tags
career, change