Perth-WRX.com  

Go Back   Perth-WRX.com > Off Topic Discussions > Non-WRX Discussion
Register Diddy Kart ArticlesAll AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Welcome to Perth-WRX, click here to register!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 24-11-2005, 12:50 AM
STI Master

westoz at standard level

Soon as I saw this thread I just knew it would be a highly emotive issue... 70 posts in a single day speaks for itself.

I'll be straight - I'm also against capital punishment. However I strongly favour corporal punishment, which was law for certain offences in WA including most sex crimes, up to sometime in the mid 80's, upon which all corporal punishment penalties were repealed.

I also believe that as long as just one convicted terrorist is set free or given anything less than the death penalty in the same countries that execute drug traffickers then perhaps there is a legitimate call for criticism of these countries' laws.
1990 Mk3 Supra turbo fully rebuilt 7M-GTE (Older son)
1991 Celica GT4 (Younger son)
Old 24-11-2005, 01:02 AM
wrx46

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bakks
Bali bomber killing innocent people enjoying a dinner

vs

Drug dealer "killing" some junkie scum who CHOOSES to stick some needle in their arm and funded by god knows how?

No comparo there!

Bali Bomber = Quiky death while having something cheap to eat.
Drug Dealer = Slow and expensive way to die feeding your veins.

Not defending the Bali bombers but bombers and drug dealers equally guilty of a crime. The drug dealer crime is more insidious as he prays on someone week and sometimes confused soul wanting to feel better.

Old 24-11-2005, 08:14 AM
WRX Hi Five Club

EvilCabbage at standard level

Quote:
Originally Posted by wrx46
Bali Bomber = Quiky death while having something cheap to eat.
Drug Dealer = Slow and expensive way to die feeding your veins.

Not defending the Bali bombers but bombers and drug dealers equally guilty of a crime. The drug dealer crime is more insidious as he prays on someone week and sometimes confused soul wanting to feel better.

Which also leads onto other problems, junkie fucks jumping through my window to steal my VCR, etc... I wouldn't have drawn a link between those two crimes myself but there's no doubt this guy was begging to get caught.

Again, it's natural selection..
Old 24-11-2005, 08:53 AM
Flat Four Father

NVRENUF at standard level

If they can Kill someone over Drugs They shoudl start killing for Rapes and People who Touch kids, They shoudl also be under Death peneltiy..

but as some people have said do the crime u pay.
Old 24-11-2005, 08:59 AM
WRX Hi Five Club

EvilCabbage at standard level

Quote:
Originally Posted by NVRENUF
If they can Kill someone over Drugs They shoudl start killing for Rapes and People who Touch kids, They shoudl also be under Death peneltiy..
Yes, they certainly should.
Old 24-11-2005, 12:25 PM
Banned

Mat at standard level
Send a message via MSN to Mat

Whats the punishment for Rape / Murder / Wife beaters/ Peodo's in Singapore and such countries?

Mike?

I agree there, if its good enough to hang drug dealers, its good enough to kill these bastards. BUT make them suffer. Peodophiles should get the most severe, brutal punishments one can imagine IMHO. NOTHING worse than depriving an 8 y/o child of their life or beating the shit out of your GF / wife / daughter.
Old 24-11-2005, 12:28 PM
DCCD Donut Driver

e-rex-shon at standard level
Lightbulb

If people are going to bandy around terms like natural selection I suggest that actually know what they are talking about. The sad fact is that many of these junkies have already reproduced, passing some pretty dodgy genes on to the next generation so no selection there I'm afraid.

Mat I'm glad you took my point. Many of the drugs society deems legal or "soft" can do just as much damage as the "hard" ones, weed, alcohol and speed being some prime examples. Are beer companies murders? What about makers of cheap sherry???? I have learnt not to be so quick to judge until walking a few miles in others shoes.

And to all those with pitchforks and flaming torches in hand, braying for blood, would you be so willing to support the death penalty if someone you knew or a member of your family was up for the noose? No, didn't think so. And it can happen as the people we know and love can also make stupid mistakes sometimes, especially when they are in desparate situations.

Look it is a difficult debate and I don't pretend to have all the answers but I think the bottom line is that by killing people society stoops to the level of a murderer.

And if you take an eye for an eye, the world ends up blind, then you get the blind leading the blind............. and what am I saying again???????
Old 24-11-2005, 12:35 PM
Sir AntiLag

scoobysix at standard level
Send a message via MSN to scoobysix

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mat
Whats the punishment for Rape / Murder / Wife beaters/ Peodo's in Singapore and such countries?

Mike?
I'm not too sure about paedos and wife beaters but punishment is harsh for sure. Definitely a long jail term and caning for paedos.

Rape is punishable with extremely long jail terms and many many strokes of the cane, usually 24 strokes and terms of over 20 years.

Murder is punishable by death as well. There's a guy in the news currently being charged for the murder of his wife, cos his wife has been sleeping around. The prosecution is pushing for the death sentence.
Old 24-11-2005, 01:38 PM
Sir AntiLag

scoobysix at standard level
Send a message via MSN to scoobysix

In today's Straits Times:

Quote:
Nov 24, 2005
IMPENDING HANGING OF HEROIN TRAFFICKER
Australians are fully behind Singapore Govt

THE Australian people fully support the Singapore Government's decision to execute heroin smuggler Nguyen Tuong Van.

Australians are mystified and embarrassed as to why our government is willing to turn a criminal into a celebrity.

# The Australian government conveniently forgets to mention the fact that it ignores the rights of hundreds of young Australians who die on our streets each year due to heroin overdose.

# The government conveniently forgets to mention the fact that our hospitals are stretched to breaking point trying to cope with patients with drug-related illnesses, often at the expense of others.

# The government conveniently forgets to mention the fact that our elderly get robbed and bashed on the streets and in their homes by drug addicts trying to service their habits.

# The government conveniently forgets to mention the fact that a large percentage of the 500,000 people on unemployment benefits in Australia are unable to work due to drug-related conditions, such as mental illness, personality disorder, being homeless and infection with HIV.

# The government conveniently forgets to mention the enormous social cost the Australian community is paying.

# The government conveniently forgets to mention the fact that every Australian parent's greatest nightmare is their children falling victim to a drug dealer and becoming addicted.

Thank you, Singapore.

Marcus Singor
Western Australia, Australia
Old 24-11-2005, 02:22 PM
Sign me up!
Nazi Sled Driver

DAN682 at standard level
Send a message via ICQ to DAN682 Send a message via MSN to DAN682 Send a message via Yahoo to DAN682

Quote:
Originally Posted by scoobysix
In today's Straits Times:
Absolute Gold! Could not agree more!

Tags
execution, impending, nguyen, singapore, view