Perth-WRX.com  

Go Back   Perth-WRX.com > Off Topic Discussions > Non-WRX Discussion
Register Diddy Kart ArticlesAll AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Welcome to Perth-WRX, click here to register!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 23-11-2005, 01:31 PM
WRX Hi Five Club

EvilCabbage at standard level

Quote:
Originally Posted by chee
we're giving them constructive criticism. fuck i dont care if we're telling someone how to run their country. im saying capital punishment is fucked. as fellow human beings we have the right to say killing is wrong. heard of human rights?
We have every right to voice an opinion, but it isn't the place of our government to give any suggestions whatsoever to the Singaporeans. They're not on our soil, they're not directly pissing in our pocket, not the place of our government to say a damn thing.

Private citizens can say whatever they want, saying what you want is different to what you said earlier about us having the right to stop people being killed. It's not like this guy is being murdered, he forfeit his own life as soon as he went to singapore strapped with drugs. Think of it more like prolonged suicide.
Old 23-11-2005, 01:37 PM
Perth WRX Old Skool Cool Dude

chee at standard level

they do have the rights to make suggestions because its an australian over there.

Quote:
Human rights are a high priority for the Government. Civil and political rights are ranked equally with economic, social and cultural rights
ripped from the government website.
Old 23-11-2005, 01:51 PM
WRX Hi Five Club

EvilCabbage at standard level

Quote:
Originally Posted by chee
they do have the rights to make suggestions because its an australian over there.
An Australian convicted of a rather serious crime, caught red handed. It's not we're talking about a political prisoner here...

Quote:
ripped from the government website.
Human rights are great, but like I said he gave those up when he decided to traffic his goodies through Singapore.

We, as a country, should not be standing up to support this idiot. He wasn't locked up because of a minor misunderstanding of an obscure law, he made a massive fuck up, and now he's paying a massive price.

Look at it the other way, let's imagine we all live in Chee-land and the Australian government somehow managed to convince the singaporeans to spare this guy. What precedent does that set for other convicted smugglers? That we're soft on trafficing? Great idea there sparky... promise me you'll never apply for a job in international relations.
Old 23-11-2005, 01:53 PM
Sign me up!
Barge Master

pmh at standard level

At the end of the day, the media will play the patriotic theme and the government will follow.

The guy is no different to any person passing through Singapore. So why be treated any different?
Everyone knows in Asia, drugs are not tolerated. Even if you're caught with 15g of hash, you're phucked! 15g!!

You know what pissses me off most?
Michelle bloody Lesley. Sure when you're in prison, you're all dressed up like you want to be a Muslim. But once you're released, phucked that. I'm going make a mockery of all that. And I might sell my story to the highest bidder. The the media that's offering her the $, you guys should be shot! Where are your phucking morals?!
Old 23-11-2005, 01:58 PM

chee at standard level

Quote:
Originally Posted by EvilCabbage
An Australian convicted of a rather serious crime, caught red handed. It's not we're talking about a political prisoner here...

Human rights are great, but like I said he gave those up when he decided to traffic his goodies through Singapore.

We, as a country, should not be standing up to support this idiot. He wasn't locked up because of a minor misunderstanding of an obscure law, he made a massive fuck up, and now he's paying a massive price.

Look at it the other way, let's imagine we all live in Chee-land and the Australian government somehow managed to convince the singaporeans to spare this guy. What precedent does that set for other convicted smugglers? That we're soft on trafficing? Great idea there sparky... promise me you'll never apply for a job in international relations.
im not saying let him off and go free, im saying fuck the death penalty. life imprisonment or some other sentence would be great. and dont fucking patronise me.
Old 23-11-2005, 02:08 PM
Insufficient registration

jEstEr? knows their stuff

so like i said, opose the death penalty for ALL people, not for one person who does nothing special
Old 23-11-2005, 02:11 PM
Sign me up!
Nazi Sled Driver

DAN682 at standard level
Send a message via ICQ to DAN682 Send a message via MSN to DAN682 Send a message via Yahoo to DAN682

Quote:
Originally Posted by pmh
At the end of the day, the media will play the patriotic theme and the government will follow.

The guy is no different to any person passing through Singapore. So why be treated any different?
Everyone knows in Asia, drugs are not tolerated. Even if you're caught with 15g of hash, you're phucked! 15g!!

You know what pissses me off most?
Michelle bloody Lesley. Sure when you're in prison, you're all dressed up like you want to be a Muslim. But once you're released, phucked that. I'm going make a mockery of all that. And I might sell my story to the highest bidder. The the media that's offering her the $, you guys should be shot! Where are your phucking morals?!
This sums Lesley up perfectly!
Old 23-11-2005, 02:21 PM
STI Master

REXXX at standard level

Australian government officials can continue to 'make suggestions' to singapore to their hearts content, their efforts will almost certainly be fruitless.
'suggestions' from australia or even a formal australian gov request to take the matter to the intl. court of justice will be of little use because;
as it stands, the singaporean government feels it is entirely capable delivering a punishment relative to his crime that is historically fair by singaporean standards.
unless this opinion of theirs changes and they feel that they're incapable of determining his fate, we most likely have no hope of affecting their decision or meeting them at the intl. court.
Old 23-11-2005, 02:24 PM
STI Master

Bakks at standard level

I don't think drug dealing is up there with murder and rape personally.

Your selling something to somene who wants it. Its the junkie scum that die from it, and is their own doing.

I think death penalty is a bit harsh.
Old 23-11-2005, 02:37 PM

chee at standard level

Quote:
Originally Posted by jEstEr?
so like i said, opose the death penalty for ALL people, not for one person who does nothing special
yes i am against the death penalty full stop.

Tags
execution, impending, nguyen, singapore, view