Perth-WRX.com  

Go Back   Perth-WRX.com > Off Topic Discussions > Non-WRX Discussion
Register Diddy Kart ArticlesAll AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Welcome to Perth-WRX, click here to register!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 23-11-2005, 06:07 PM
cando

Australian Government hypocrisy, on one hand all the Bali terrorist should hang, and on the other hand a drug dealer killing others by proxy with their drugs , should be spared. Laws are there to be respected, regardless.
Old 23-11-2005, 06:10 PM
Sir AntiLag

WRXTATIC at standard level

Quote:
Originally Posted by POLARBEAR666
Wouldn't 10 years in jail deter drug mules more than death? ... 10 years sitting around is far more painful than you either get off scott free and make money by muling or you get caught and check out.

Just my opinion. I think being caged is more punishment than a quick end.
Yeah but it's usually 10yrs, out in 3 for kissing the wardens arse and sucking up to the parole board (well in Oz it is) and back to trafficing.

The upside of the hanging is there's no parole after the long drop n sudden stop....therefore no more risk of reoffending.

Just a pity the fool has to put his family through the ordeal.

It's the same as people from other cultures coming to Australia and saying hey I don't like your laws, I should be able to revenge kill or shame kill my sister cause that's what we do in my country (sorry not trying to marginalise any group it's just an example) We would be saying well not in OZ buddy your going to jail for murder.

That's my 2 cents.
Old 23-11-2005, 06:13 PM
STI Master

Andy at standard level
Send a message via MSN to Andy

you wont get out in 3 staying in the bangkok hilton :P wouldt you rather die that go to that gaol...havent ya seen the movies
Old 23-11-2005, 06:24 PM
Sir AntiLag

WRXTATIC at standard level

Point is you do get out though Andy.....therefore could repeat offend. And given the type that does this sort of crime in the first place I'd doubt that rehabilitation is likely.

I realise my opinion on the character in question may be a little pessimistic but history shows little improves for a vast majority once released.
Old 23-11-2005, 06:35 PM
Sign me up!
Barge Master

pmh at standard level

This is apparently the official word

"the accused, Nguyen, was on transit from Cambodia to Australia. He never actually stepped out of the airport but was in the transit lounge and was stopped there. So in terms of the Australian Government's argument is that he should be judge in accordance to Oz laws as he was "not" in Singapore but in transit and was in fact under international law, in this case the Oz government's argument is that since he's on his way to Melbourne, he should be tried under oz laws."
Old 23-11-2005, 07:03 PM
Perth WRX Old Skool Cool Dude

chee at standard level

anyone just listen to hack? alot of good points raised.

and if australia knew about nguyen (and they did since they tipped off singapore) why didnt they prosecute him in oz.
Old 23-11-2005, 07:21 PM
STI Master

gorotsuki69 at standard level

Quote:
Originally Posted by h202chik
yeah i agree with polarbear boy on that one ..... id rather die than go to jail
Jail is relative. It can be hell for most but heaven to some.
Look at the poor illegal Indo fishermen that get caught poaching.
Australian jails are like 5 star hotels to them.3 hot meals, shower , soft bed, and even get paid more than what they could earn back home...
Old 23-11-2005, 07:43 PM
XRW 147

How about the dickhead preaching on behalf of "every" Australian Citizens... shame on you, ya hypocritical, preaching khunt. I'm Australian and I say HANG! HANG! HANG!
Old 23-11-2005, 07:53 PM
Subaru Tech Division

POLARBEAR666 at standard level

Speaking from what my dad has told me about the 80+ death penalty trials where he defended black people in south africa .... there were at least 10 that were definitely innocent and about another 15 who did things due to extenuating circumstances... like killing someone who was in the process of killing their brother.... and a guy who killed someone who raped their sister etc. So of the cases he ran 25% probably deserved either freedom or just some jail, not death. Yet the 3 definitely innocent ones who were executed cant be brought back now. Thats the problem with death, when they find out you are innocent later, your dead. He is totally against the death penalty. He got roughly 80% of his clients off and the others simply stopped writing.
Old 23-11-2005, 08:01 PM
Subaru Tech Division

POLARBEAR666 at standard level

And while im at it.... what about the fact that more than 150 people in texas have been let off death row due to DNA evidence getting them off..... think about that one. Also have a think about the fact that in every police force there are acts of corruption. Like the mickelberg gold framing and that cop Hancock who shot a bikie and then got blown up.

Tags
execution, impending, nguyen, singapore, view