Perth-WRX.com  

Go Back   Perth-WRX.com > Off Topic Discussions > Non-WRX Discussion
Register Diddy Kart ArticlesAll AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Welcome to Perth-WRX, click here to register!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 20-04-2009, 04:52 PM
Perth WRX Old Skool Cool Dude

Elrico at standard level

Hopefully your gun doesnt fail as much as brant or you may aswel pistol whip them.
Old 20-04-2009, 05:09 PM
Sign me up!
IMPREZA STi S204

JDM_STYLE at standard level

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sphoolin
Hopefully your gun doesnt fail as much as brant or you may aswel pistol whip them.
Had 3 brant systems and never ever had a problem.

221.7KW-ATW 498.5NM MMS ROLLER DYNO & BUILT BY STi NINJAS, BUILD #318/600

EBISU SUBARU, SHIBUYA-KU TOKYO
Old 20-04-2009, 05:58 PM
Sign me up!
BLUE TEAM

Rexy03 at standard level

Shooting IPSC or Practical pistol as it is also known
is the most exciting and interesting form of pistol shooting you could do
using simulated expected real life situations
you can compete at your own slow pace or go flat out
you are required to complete a course of fire as quickly as you can
and you shoot and are timed individualy
if you want you can use a completely stock semi auto or revolver
or spend up big and run red dot scopes on compensated race guns
guns are for the most part drawn from a holster as is all ammo but sometimes you may be required to go fetch it from a draw or similar
I can highly recommend you go to a few ranges and check out all the different disiplines
dont be afraid of IPSC becuase of a bad back, anyone can do it - ive trained people to shoot prac with all sorts of disabilties including being in a wheel chair. google it there is heaps of info on the net as well as contacts for different clubs, IPSC, SSAA, WAPA,
Old 27-08-2010, 03:16 PM
Potty Training Scoobie Noobie

R3X at standard level

I know this thread was from last year, but instead of starting a new one I thought I just reply to this one. I do IPSC and the state titles are coming up at the end of September and was wondering if any other P-WRX members are members of IPSC and going to be attending the shoot.
Old 27-08-2010, 05:32 PM
Sir AntiLag

Sayers at standard level

Quote:
Originally Posted by jEstEr? View Post
i've been shooting a few times at the Lone Ranges in Belmont, got a casual membership there. maybe thats your better option if you just want to go out and shoot a stationary target a few times to see how you like it.
This is what I did. Went along a few times, fired a few different guns, decided that was that. I did get a cut on my cheek when part of a .38 slug ricocheted - I was the only person there so it wasn't some loony firing in all directions.

I've been into archery for years and clubs can be ... fun. I prefer to front up when I feel like it, pay, shoot.

Edit: apologies, I just realised you revived the thread for a related topic.
Old 27-08-2010, 05:56 PM
Flat Four Father

NVRENUF at standard level

Hey mate I have been wanting to join, However I dont think i would be able to keep up with the amount of required times you need to turn up and shoot.

Its more of a when i have time thing.

EDIT: Just realised this is old thread.

Generally I just goto Lone Rangers with a couple mates. We have been lucky enough to get the gun un teathered to the chain so full free use (as in not chained or restricted in anyway) which is great.

Last edited by NVRENUF; 27-08-2010 at 07:48 PM.
Old 27-08-2010, 07:38 PM
Perth WRX Old Skool Cool Dude

Strubaru knows their stuff

next time your down at lone ranges tell brad or leigh that strooby said g'day they may charge you double
Old 27-08-2010, 07:43 PM

R3X at standard level

Quote:
Originally Posted by NVRENUF View Post
Hey mate I have been wanting to join, However I dont think i would be able to keep up with the amount of required times you need to turn up and shoot.

Its more of a when i have time thing.

EDIT: Just realised this is old thread.

Generally I just goto Lone Rangers with a couple mates. Being we have special Access we are lucky enough to get the gun un teathered to the chain so full free use (as in not chained or restricted in anyway) which is great.

Not having enough time seems to be most people issues with not being able to shoot. Within IPSC the requirement for you to turn up is for the 1st month or couple of weekes while you do your holster course, but then that is also dependent on the club that you join, cause every club has a different training schedule. But after you done your course, unless you have a firearm supported by them there is no need for you to turn up a set number of times. But if you have a firearm supported by them then by law your required to use that gun at least six times in a year in a competition. But than each clubs have a different set of bylaws which might state you have to turn up more often, most clubs I think say you have to turn up once every 8 weeks.

Been to Lone Rangers a couple of times with my gun, but you can't do rapid fire cause they say you can only shoot a shot per second, otherwise you have a guy come down and bang on your door. With Lone rangers it doesn't really matter if the gun is chained or not cause you only have one target in front of you.

I didn't want to start another thread about the same topic so I thought I'd just add on to the old one.
Old 27-08-2010, 07:45 PM
Flat Four Father

NVRENUF at standard level

Quote:
Originally Posted by R3X View Post
Within IPSC the requirement for you to turn up is for the 1st month or couple of weekes while you do your holster course, but then that is also dependent on the club that you join, cause every club has a different training schedule. But after you done your course, unless you have a firearm supported by them there is no need for you to turn up a set number of times. But if you have a firearm supported by them then by law your required to use that gun at least six times in a year in a competition. But than each clubs have a different set of bylaws which might state you have to turn up more often, most clubs I think say you have to turn up once every 8 weeks.

Been to Lone Rangers a couple of times with my gun, but you can't do rapid fire cause they say you can only shoot a shot per second, otherwise you have a guy come down and bang on your door. With Lone rangers it doesn't really matter if the gun is chained or not cause you only have one target in front of you.

I didn't want to start another thread about the same topic so I thought I'd just add on to the old one.

Yeah I was looking at it at once stage, wanted more so just police issue 9mm with eventually getting owner ship of one etc how ever I know i wouldnt be able to keep up with the required visits, and then I wouldnt be complying with the membership.
What gun is this you shoot with ?

The chains tied to gun are rules now i think Becuase to many people topping them selfs in there.

though If your a cop you dont have it chained. Though i havnt been in a long time so things could have changed.

Id be keen to go again. Even took the mrs one time she looved it to. was funny watching her shoot actually being she is so small haha

Last edited by NVRENUF; 27-08-2010 at 07:50 PM.
Old 27-08-2010, 08:00 PM

R3X at standard level

Quote:
Originally Posted by NVRENUF View Post
Yeah I was looking at it at once stage, wanted more so just police issue 9mm with eventually getting owner ship of one etc how ever I know i wouldnt be able to keep up with the required visits, and then I wouldnt be complying with the membership.
What gun is this you shoot with ?

The chains tied to gun are rules now i think Becuase to many people topping them selfs in there.

though If your a cop you dont have it chained. Though i havnt been in a long time so things could have changed.

Id be keen to go again. Even took the mrs one time she looved it to. was funny watching her shoot actually being she is so small haha
I think the chain is if you use their gun, cause when I go in with mine they never chain them up.

I've got a Glock in 9mm, a SV Infinity in .357 sig and a STI in .357sig and .40 cal. I started with the glock, and now in IPSC competitions I use the sig and have the 2nd one as back up jus in case the 1st fails.

Most people seemed to be shocked when I tell them I shoot competively. Then I take them out for a go, at 1st they are hesitant but once they fire off that 1st round they just fall in love with it.

Tags
club, member, pistol