Perth-WRX.com  

Go Back   Perth-WRX.com > Off Topic Discussions > Non-WRX Discussion
Register Diddy Kart ArticlesAll AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Welcome to Perth-WRX, click here to register!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 22-02-2010, 07:15 PM
Scoobie Noobie

dazza at standard level

Heya guys Need some quick advice on soakwells

We planned on installing them at the end, when we got the keys. But then realised that where we were going to put 1 soakwell is impossible due to the electric cables, plumbing pipes etc running across the front of the house.

So the only solution is 1 1500 x 1500 (think thats the right size) concrete soakwell at the back of the house. for $2000

My main concern with this is, the guy said, thats its just on the smaller side of what we need, and it may flood 1 time is 10 years, The other concern in all that water running from 12 downpipes in 1 90mm pvc pipe. Is this going to be a issue??

the other idea is the plastic type, the ausdrain matrix style for $130 each. this seems the safer option. But ppl tell me to stay away from plastic type.

Are the ausdrain style systems better than the cheap and nasty stuff from bunnings and would ppl recommend them, i can't seem to find to much info on them.

Thanks
Old 22-02-2010, 07:29 PM
Flat Four Father

NVRENUF at standard level

YEah Its somthing you should have done at slab down. but oh well

Did you need someone to do it for you ?

I would never use Plastic ones ever, small ones work concrete but you need many of them.
big ones are the best do you have access for a machine through your garage ?

If you need someone to come out and quote you my brother in law does soakwells for a living .

Tim

Last edited by NVRENUF; 22-02-2010 at 07:32 PM.
Old 22-02-2010, 07:46 PM
WRX Hi Five Club

elemist at standard level
Send a message via MSN to elemist

You might be best using a combination of normal 90mm and ag drain. Ag drain is essentially pvc pipe, but with slits in it which lets the water leak out enroute to the soakwells. It take's a little bit more preparation to lay it, you need to put it on a bed of gravel, cover it in gravel as well then back fill over the top.

It might just take off the load in those heavy down pours..
Old 22-02-2010, 08:49 PM
Scoobie Noobie

dazza at standard level

Yeah bit of a idiot for not doing it earlier. and yeah I wanna get some1 to do it for me. Decided with everything else i don't have the time and energy. so if you could pass on his number that would be great.

its a cottage block. i have a pretty big back yard 6.5m long 6m high. But the rest of the area is very limited i could have stuck a concrete one out the front, but forgot about all the pipes/cables etc. so not possible now.

So really don't think i can fit any small 1s around. and make it all legal.

Ag drain sounds good, but i'm guessing the cost will rise a bit.

Why would you say no to plastic, are they really that bad. Alot of these places cover the plastic soakwells for 10 years, can't be that bad?

Thanks
Old 11-03-2010, 09:52 PM
DCCD Donut Driver

zuum at standard level
Default fencing woes

i am about two months from moving in and the neighbourly love is already being tested.

my neighbour has an ugly dark grey fence and my house is dark beige/oak... his joint looks great but mine looks crappy due to this. he has not adhered to the Restrictive Convenant registered with all titles for all the lots stating required colour of fence and still wants to be cocky about it, throwing accussations that i am fussing coz i do not want to pay him. he did not consult me until the last minute when it was going up.

any Restrictive Convenant overides the fencing act, should i play nice or haul his ass to court??? remember we will be neighbours.

cheers
Old 11-03-2010, 10:20 PM
WRX Hi Five Club

elemist at standard level
Send a message via MSN to elemist

Quote:
Originally Posted by zuum View Post
i am about two months from moving in and the neighbourly love is already being tested.

my neighbour has an ugly dark grey fence and my house is dark beige/oak... his joint looks great but mine looks crappy due to this. he has not adhered to the Restrictive Convenant registered with all titles for all the lots stating required colour of fence and still wants to be cocky about it, throwing accussations that i am fussing coz i do not want to pay him. he did not consult me until the last minute when it was going up.

any Restrictive Convenant overides the fencing act, should i play nice or haul his ass to court??? remember we will be neighbours.

cheers

Guess you need to decide just how bad it makes your house look. Have you spoken with the developer? They are the ones who normally enforce the estate convernants.

As you said you will have to live next to this guy. That said, if his a complete prick you may as well fight it because chances are you won't get on anyway as you will resent him for this argument anyway.
Old 12-03-2010, 07:38 AM
DCCD Donut Driver

zuum at standard level

My house will look terrible and the developer/council will not enforce it. Thye were palming me off to each other.

I am calling Building Commission to get mote info, may well be the local courts.
Old 12-03-2010, 08:43 AM
Flat Four Father

NVRENUF at standard level

What sort of fence is it mate could always paint it maybe?
but i wouldnt make any problems with neibours as can make your life stressful.
not worth the hassel.
Old 12-03-2010, 10:10 AM
Subaru Tech Division

Adr3naL1N at standard level
Send a message via MSN to Adr3naL1N

im going to have a similar issue with my new neighbours.

they have built their side gate too wide and the fence that is there is over onto my property, meaning their gate they have put in is going to have to go, prolly costing them money for a new smaller one. my builders informed me of this the other week. Waiting to see neighbours response to this one.
Old 12-03-2010, 10:18 AM
Sir AntiLag

miss_petepie at standard level

cant you just paint the side of the fence yourself? have you contacted the council as well?

we have been in for around 3 months now and slowly getting there with the gardens. front is nearly done. just need the lawns and retic done..

anyone in the turf industry?

Tags
builders, home