Perth-WRX.com  

Go Back   Perth-WRX.com > Off Topic Discussions > Non-WRX Discussion
Register Diddy Kart ArticlesAll AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Welcome to Perth-WRX, click here to register!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-10-2009, 09:34 AM
Potty Training Scoobie Noobie

nice_jay at standard level

FYI
http://www.whitecardnow.com.au/
Old 09-10-2009, 10:11 AM
STI Master

REXLLENT at standard level
Send a message via MSN to REXLLENT

Quote:
Originally Posted by matthews View Post
I know you more then likely had no chose but if you can don't make last payment until you are happy with it. The think the builders work on is a call PCI (practical completion). Any maintenance or bad workmanship is not covered in this as practically the house is completed. I feel for you building with them.
I do PCI with my Dad for a number of building companies. We basically fix everyones elses stuff up ie patching walls, no more gapping etc. some houses if everything is done properly it usually take bout 2-3hrs to do a house but lately coz the $21,000 all the trades rush the jobs and some of there work is getting really slack.

So when it comes to do ur first inspection make sure u check everything carefully.
Old 09-10-2009, 10:14 AM
STI Master

REXLLENT at standard level
Send a message via MSN to REXLLENT

Quote:
Originally Posted by urabus View Post
You can get a blue card online for about $75. Blue dog training or something I think its called.

Theoretically the builder has "posession of site" so they control who is allowed onsite. Most of the time that includes the owner.

Brendon
Thats true the builder has posession of site u are just the client till u get ur keys then u become the owner. Tradies hate it when the owner rocks up and asks them to do stuff and the reply the client gets is usually NO!! go talk to ur supervisior.
Old 09-10-2009, 10:17 AM
Sir AntiLag

Darren at standard level
Send a message via MSN to Darren

Blueprint homes, anyone have opinions etc?

Darren
Old 09-10-2009, 10:26 AM
Sir AntiLag

miss_petepie at standard level

i go on my property all the time.. we dont go when builders or tradies on site tho..
Old 09-10-2009, 02:46 PM
WRX Hi Five Club

elemist at standard level
Send a message via MSN to elemist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darren View Post
Blueprint homes, anyone have opinions etc?

Darren
Building with them at the moment. Earth Works should be starting on Monday!

Been relatively ok, i think i've had the usual love hate relationship with the builder. I had a few issues with getting things done in the time frames given, IE yeah we'll have your contract ready in 2 weeks and it ends up taking 3-4 weeks.

Overall their homes look really good, and they seam to be pretty good value for money.

Be warned they have set colour schemes which you are supposed to choose from and they don't let you choose anything else. So there's basically set tiles out of the standard tile range you can choose from. Also same thing with laminates, doors basically everything.

That said they have a range of colours, and it worked to my advantage as you can see the exact colours in their display homes and see what it looks like!

Only other thing i've found rather annoying is you have to pay for your prestart costs up front prior to going to site. Alot of the other builders allow you to make payments alongside your normal progress payments during the build. So if you intend making alot of changes/upgrades at prestart have a larger prestart allowance put in during the initial contract.

Oh and make sure you have any changes to the house done prior to signing anything! Like most sales people once you sign on the dotted line they tend to loose a bit of interest and things start taking longer...
Old 10-10-2009, 07:36 AM
STI Master

perthzed at standard level

Yeah I've built with blue print & they were fine. A few f**k up, but nothing too bad, they are good value for money. My tip is to get them to do as little as possible and get tradies in to do the rest once u have the keys e.g down lights.
Old 29-10-2009, 12:29 AM
STI Master

gorotsuki69 at standard level

anyone have any good or bad experiences with APG or Metrostyle?
I've spoken to quite a few builders but they all come across as used car salesmen - promise you the world but what happens once you sign on the dotted line...?
Old 29-10-2009, 12:46 AM
WRX Hi Five Club

elemist at standard level
Send a message via MSN to elemist

Pretty much like car salesmen, though you do find the occasional good one!

The only advice i can really give you is don't rush it. Get them to make all the changes you want and get you prices on everything you can think of. Then once you have everything perfect, then sign on the dotted line.

You can do similar with multiple builders if you want to compare between them. Also if they become too pushy just remember the line "sorry but our finance fell through, i used that myself a few times with some of the sales guys.
Old 29-10-2009, 06:58 AM
Flat Four Father

NVRENUF at standard level

Quote:
Originally Posted by gorotsuki69 View Post
anyone have any good or bad experiences with APG or Metrostyle?
I've spoken to quite a few builders but they all come across as used car salesmen - promise you the world but what happens once you sign on the dotted line...?
Well I used In-Vouge which is essentially the same company how ever in-vouge is the section who does all the 2 Story houses and Metrostyles do all the Single story but they are all under the same roof.

I had no dramas with them.. What ever my sales person promised me i got him to write into the contract and they came good with it.. so very happy.

Tags
builders, home