Perth-WRX.com  

Go Back   Perth-WRX.com > Off Topic Discussions > Non-WRX Discussion
Register Diddy Kart ArticlesAll AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Welcome to Perth-WRX, click here to register!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-04-2010, 09:37 AM
Subaru Tech Division

smerm07 at standard level

Quote:
Originally Posted by ALEX. View Post
So basically my iPhone 3GS will support OS4? It will download as an update from iTunes? There's no need to get a new iPhone? (iPhone 4G or whatever...)
Just wanna be clear
correct. if your phone is jailbreaked then you will have to wait. There are rumours of a new iphone around july of this year.
Old 12-04-2010, 08:06 PM
Scoobie Noobie

Bones at standard level
Send a message via ICQ to Bones Send a message via MSN to Bones

next iphone would want to have flash in safari, sick of going to sites and looking at a blue box... tonnes of them!

if i jailbreak my iphone can you use flash? or still no go? i have a 3gs just updated to latest software a few weeks back
Old 12-04-2010, 09:13 PM
STI Master

axle at standard level

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bones View Post
next iphone would want to have flash in safari, sick of going to sites and looking at a blue box... tonnes of them!

if i jailbreak my iphone can you use flash? or still no go? i have a 3gs just updated to latest software a few weeks back
No chance of Flash in iPhone OS 4.0. Apple have just raised the stakes in its war against Adobe and banned the use of many development tools (for progammers of iPhone apps) of which one leader is Adobe.

On the plus side many large websites are looking into supporting HTML5 so iPhone/iPad embedded video works.

As for jailbreaking I have never done it but might have to if things don't get any better.
Old 12-04-2010, 11:17 PM
WRX Hi Five Club

Golding at standard level
Send a message via MSN to Golding

Quote:

As said above, no chance of flash getting into the iPhone at all. Steve Jobs doesnt like Adobe very much and vice versa.

If you jailbreak it, you can get flash to work (well similar to Flash). But i dont think there is a jailbreak for 3.1.3 3GS as yet, i doubt there will be either with most of the effort now going to Jailbreak 4.0.

Last edited by Golding; 12-04-2010 at 11:23 PM.
Old 13-04-2010, 05:49 AM
Scoobie Noobie

Bones at standard level
Send a message via ICQ to Bones Send a message via MSN to Bones

Thanks, false advertisement about the whole web experience then lol... Seems like jobs is trying to flex his muscle and make everything conform to him or his devices... Good luck with that
Old 13-04-2010, 08:19 AM
Flat Four Father

ALEX. knows their stuff

What. The. *expletive deleted - choose your own*

Apple and Adobe = creative heaven (90% of graphic design uses this combination).
Why the hell would Steve not want to at least find some support for Adobe? He doesn't have to give them the whole world... but he's shutting them out all together?

And why would Apple not like Adobe and vice versa? Surely they work together to optimise hardware/code so that Adobe products work so well on macs? Best way for both companies. I realise I'm talking about desktops/laptops, but wouldn't it be similar for an iPhone? I mean hey, Adobe have been working hard on their products for the iPad, and the iPhone and iPad are so similar.

Mmm lots to think about.
I could be wrong.
Help.
Bye.
Old 13-04-2010, 04:15 PM
STI Master

axle at standard level

Quote:
Originally Posted by ALEX. View Post
What. The. *expletive deleted - choose your own*

Apple and Adobe = creative heaven (90% of graphic design uses this combination).

And why would Apple not like Adobe and vice versa?
I'm guessing apple's stance on adobe developed apps may have been a shock to people like Wired Mag
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wwFbwHaP5tE
Seems like they have put a lot of effort into this adobe developed iPad magazine format.

The new rule in the developers conditions is "Applications must be originally written in Objective-C, C, C++, or JavaScript as executed by the iPhone OS WebKit engine". Therefore screwing third party applications designed to help programmers.

We might all say its Apple flexing its muscle but it really can. Youtube already has an HTML5 version in beta as does many others. I think the days of Flash are numbered (its still got years let but still will not ultimately survive).
Old 18-04-2010, 08:30 PM
Diesel

Hi_VoLtAgE is unrated

Quote:

there are apps in cydia...umm actually "tweaks" that will let you download a flash file straight from safari which can be opened via another cydia app that supports flash and then viewed, but its still no cherry on the cake.
Old 20-04-2010, 06:41 AM
DCCD Donut Driver

MCL at standard level

Seems the new iPhone has been found in the wild!
http://www.gizmodo.com.au/2010/04/th...e/#more-392963

Glad I waited to buy the iPhone 4 instead of the 3gs to replace my 3g! Looks the goods!
Old 20-04-2010, 07:39 AM
Subaru Tech Division

Luigi at standard level
Send a message via MSN to Luigi

What’s new

• Front-facing video chat camera

• Improved regular back-camera (the lens is quite noticeably larger than the iPhone 3GS)

• Camera flash

• Micro-SIM instead of standard SIM (like the iPad)

• Improved display. It’s unclear if it’s the 960×460 display thrown around before – it certainly looks like it, with the “Connect to iTunes” screen displaying much higher resolution than on a 3GS.

• What looks to be a secondary mic for noise cancellation, at the top, next to the headphone jack

• Split buttons for volume

• Power, mute and volume buttons are all metallic

Tags
dingo stole me iphone, iphone, poo pants, release, rich x pioneered the iphone, virgins, virgins? yeah but we have cool phones