Perth-WRX.com  

Go Back   Perth-WRX.com > Off Topic Discussions > Non-WRX Discussion
Register Diddy Kart ArticlesAll AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Welcome to Perth-WRX, click here to register!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 23-06-2009, 02:13 PM
Subaru Tech Division

MKVIGTI at standard level

Quote:
Originally Posted by NVRENUF
haha all good

Will be interesting what spin the media are going to put on it.
Be surprised if it gets a one line mention in amongst and article on some repeat hoon offender.

Remember polies don't hoon, They drink drive ( on the expensive stuff ). Don't want to let that get out now do we.
Old 23-06-2009, 03:04 PM
STI Master

methd at standard level
Send a message via MSN to methd

What if you intend to defend the reckless in court, but in the eyes of the policeman, you're guilty already, so they impound your car?
Old 23-06-2009, 03:07 PM
Flat Four Father

NVRENUF at standard level

who knows man, I dont know the fine details. just bit of small info i have heard.
Old 23-06-2009, 03:09 PM
Subaru Tech Division

MKVIGTI at standard level

Quote:
Originally Posted by methd
What if you intend to defend the reckless in court, but in the eyes of the policeman, you're guilty already, so they impound your car?
Must admit I really do not agree with punishment for any offense that is subjective opinion without the ability to challenge the charge first BUT DUI and unlicensed is not subjective.

Reckless they will almost certainly do you under the hoon laws anyway so this won't really change anything.
Old 23-06-2009, 03:13 PM
Flat Four Father

NVRENUF at standard level

Yeah reckless can be called hoon law anyway so doesn't really change there to be honest except for the length of the holding.

How ever I dont know the actual particulars yet. Ill find out.
Old 23-06-2009, 03:19 PM
Dak Dak Boom!

BOMB3R is a guruBOMB3R is a guru

Lucky I have 2 cars then...................

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
365hp and 515nm

New Beast to arrive April 2015 - 365hp, 450nm, 0-100 in 4.4sec. AMG Goodness!
Old 23-06-2009, 03:37 PM
Burnout!

Kato is a guruKato is a guru

Going for DUI Jaron?
Old 23-06-2009, 03:41 PM
Dak Dak Boom!

BOMB3R is a guruBOMB3R is a guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kato
Going for DUI Jaron?
Nah but just in case it's good to know if they take one car I can drive the other Means I can park something else in the garage too.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
365hp and 515nm

New Beast to arrive April 2015 - 365hp, 450nm, 0-100 in 4.4sec. AMG Goodness!
Old 23-06-2009, 06:24 PM
Perth WRX Old Skool Cool Dude

GTB Liberty is a guruGTB Liberty is a guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackSTi
Must admit I really do not agree with punishment for any offense that is subjective opinion without the ability to challenge the charge first BUT DUI and unlicensed is not subjective.

Reckless they will almost certainly do you under the hoon laws anyway so this won't really change anything.
I disagree - innocent before guilty is a premise of law. Mind you, so was "double jeopardy" but that's another argument.

Just this week "the West" newspaper had a story about a car impounded for "inappropriate acceleration" across 3 lanes of traffic in Midland (?).

Now I'm sure that there was some "oversteeer" involved BUT I often wonder if "inappropriate acceleration" will be made an offence as it is in California as a "ticket" offence or will that be hoon.

The whole concept that we are guilty, and vehicle impounded regardless of experience, past history, etc is deplorable in my mind. Extraordinary licences are given due to the "economic cost" of the licence lost. You are fined by the court for your indiscretion, the "loss" isn't meant extend beyond that , hence, extraordinary licences to "drive for work".

The system has gone crazy. IE - loan a car to a mate, he spins the wheels, and you lose YOUR car for their momentary stupidity if they are a past 2 time HOON. How am I supposed to know what HIS/HER past is? BUT it costs ME! As such, NEVER loan your car to anyone. Imagine you losing a company car! Job loss, court case for repayment of car cost, etc. For a 3rd "mistake" and every one after. Marked for life!

I did have a chequered past in my youth. Nothing too serious BUT enough to know I'd never have a WRX and insurance when I was younger. However, I have been 7 3/4 years with NOTHING since my last ticket which was 7 years before the one previous to that. Sitting on 12 points for nigh on 15 years. Before that, in my late teens / early twenties I was doing stupid things in my car. YET, what did I get recently! 69 km in a 60 zone in a brand new Liberty GTB. Was my driving that poor at that time that it deserved a ticket? Essentially, the new company car caught me out (days old).

Now, because I have to go 10 years to get my licence expunged (meaning all past discretions removed for good behaviour) I have to get legal advice as to whether a no demerit ticket "counts" as an indiscretion that will stop my past being expunged. For what - bloody revenue raising. If a police car had pulled me over I am sure my clean past would have held me in good sted and warranted a warning.

I can say that I have real problems with any "law" that puts the rights of the state above the rights of the individual. We are now guilty before a chance of a hearing of determination. Our assets possibly confiscated without hearing or any consideration for the individual's loss.

Don't worry Orwell had it right - it's just not 1984 it's a little later.

Anyway, because of the mealiness revenue raising ticket - I'm going to buy and use a new radar detector. Until they ban them I guess.

Oh - my first post. Glad to be on board. Looking for some info/help re the MY08 GT Spec B mods etc. Already have the new Whiteline sways, Sti strut top bar and Sti short shift on order. Any idea on suspension guys preferably south of the river?

Sorry for the winge. Love the Rex - just a bit old for one. Got the gentleman's version

"on the 8th day God invented Subaru".

Last edited by GTB Liberty; 23-06-2009 at 06:27 PM.
Old 23-06-2009, 07:11 PM
WRX Hi Five Club

sinizter at standard level
Send a message via AIM to sinizter Send a message via MSN to sinizter

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackSTi
No personal experience but I suspect a quiet slash out of sight would probably just land you a fine.

Shouting out watch me sign my name while your pissing in the local kindergarten sand pit is probably going to get you summoned.

Like everything. Time and place.
mate pissed behind the bushes in abandoned carpark at 12pm at night and cops waited for him to finish and off to court him went lol

if ya gotta go ya gotta go . very shit law lol dunno if he won the court case or anything forgot to ask

Tags
law, traffic, weeks