Perth-WRX.com  

Go Back   Perth-WRX.com > Off Topic Discussions > Non-WRX Discussion
Register Diddy Kart ArticlesAll AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Welcome to Perth-WRX, click here to register!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 23-07-2009, 03:14 PM
Flat Four Father

BLUES at standard level

Here's another free tip - due to the fuel tank size, it takes 10-15min to fill using a small (standard) size fuel hose/nozzle - find a servo with a high-flow nozzle used by the truckies - fills the 180litres in no time. Most servos in the industrial areas have the hi-flow nozzle.
Barbagallo - 56.03 (S); 1:08.09 (L)
Collie - 50.77
Possibly the most under-driven Evo X in the world??
Old 23-07-2009, 03:53 PM
WRX Hi Five Club

corbzrex at standard level

Ive pulled Two Prado's out of the Bog and one out of the sand down at timms thicket Beach.

They lack Clearence on most occasions. Have you thought about buying a Patrol??

I have a GUIII 2004 4.8Lt. I goes really hard. Not the best on fuel, but i only use it for 4wd use. I know the 3ltr turbo and the 4.2D go well.

Ahhh and most serious cruiser's swap there Shit toyota diffs for patrol diffs. Esspeciallly if you want to lock them. Plus you can lift a patrol higher in the front rather than most late model toyota's. Live axle and all.

[url]http://www.flickr.com/photos/corbphotography/[/url]

Dirty GUIII Patrol
Old 23-07-2009, 04:06 PM
Subaru Tech Division

pete gopal at standard level

Quote:
Originally Posted by corbzrex View Post
Ive pulled Two Prado's out of the Bog and one out of the sand down at timms thicket Beach.

They lack Clearence on most occasions. Have you thought about buying a Patrol??

I have a GUIII 2004 4.8Lt. I goes really hard. Not the best on fuel, but i only use it for 4wd use. I know the 3ltr turbo and the 4.2D go well.

Ahhh and most serious cruiser's swap there Shit toyota diffs for patrol diffs. Esspeciallly if you want to lock them. Plus you can lift a patrol higher in the front rather than most late model toyota's. Live axle and all.
interesting..might have to get ur mobile number if i end up buying one

i thought about patrol but it's the whole 90%-95% city driving that's pushed me towards prado. patrols have the best clearance stock standard, wonder how much a lift kit would cost me?? hmm

New toy has arrived, 1/4 mile in 11.2 sec and only 114hp!
Old 23-07-2009, 04:11 PM
Perth WRX Old Skool Cool Dude

ImPreSiV is a guruImPreSiV is a guru

The lift on my car which is 2" suspension, 2" body with Rancho schocks, cost the prev. owner close to $4k.

Patrol's are good I recon if u want to use it off road and seriously, it all comes down to how much city to 4wding u will do, then the type of 4wding u plan on doing. Prado / any other toyota will most likely sort you out. I would get a 2" minimum lift for that extra clearance, especially with painted bumpers front and rear, you wouldn't want to damage them too much coming down a rock or something.
Old 23-07-2009, 04:16 PM
STI Master

CDR RA at standard level

^^ Exactly. Its what you use it for. I would guess that a Prado would be a nicer daily than a Patrol. A small lift and and some bigger rubber and you would be sweet.

My mate (Marcus) works at K & N 4WD (Ultimate 4wd) and has a petrol prado decked out as his daily work car. Suspension wise, it is just a spring lift, some shocks and bigger rubber. Did a great job in the dunes etc at Warren River (yeagarup) and on bush tracks around the blackwood.

More than enough for most trips.
496 CI Injected Big Block. Carbon positive???
Old 23-07-2009, 04:33 PM
Subaru Tech Division

pete gopal at standard level

so here's another question...where to get these 4wd modes done? any mates/cousins/sick bros you guys know to get some mods done and not having to sell my right kidney for them? (ie cheap but nice)

sean@asg? he's into 4wd, perhaps expand his buisness a bit??

kym ur hilux seems nice and high from that pic..do u have problems fitting it into ur garadge at all? coz im thinking modding the car, next modding the house to fit the bloody thing

New toy has arrived, 1/4 mile in 11.2 sec and only 114hp!
Old 23-07-2009, 04:40 PM
STI Master

CDR RA at standard level

As per post above. K and N in Canningvale have done a nice job of their Prado. Basically set up as touring spec. Daily driving with weekend camping expeditions in mind. Can obviously go wilder if you want, (eg he also has a hilux ute with custom tray and lexus v8 in it running 35" rubber) but why get a prado if thats the path you want to go down.

A Hilux, patrol or 100 woudl be a better option for a wilder 4wd. But having done it before and like any modded car, the more hardcore it becomes, the harder it is to live with as a daily.
496 CI Injected Big Block. Carbon positive???
Old 23-07-2009, 04:44 PM
Perth WRX Old Skool Cool Dude

ImPreSiV is a guruImPreSiV is a guru

My car is 4" lifted, as i mentioned, plus i have 33's on 16" rims, so it is roughly 1.95m off the ground. It will NOT fit in a standard garage, and just fits in to under cover carparks where the clearance is 2.1, say the convention centre. I always worry that something is going to scratch the roof.

My current garage is raised so the door is at 29 courses, and I still have to turn the radio off to get in, as the antenna is too high, and im in the process of building again, and this house has a 29 course garage too.

As for mods, the previous owner of my car was good mates with Brett Wilkinson, from Wilkinsons Suspensions, so all the work was done there. I would have taken it to him, if I knew it was the kind of things he dealt with, as I had the STI worked on there too, and I appreciated his service. Now i know he knows my car well, I will be going back there!
Old 23-07-2009, 04:59 PM
DCCD Donut Driver

stoff at standard level

The pre d4d prado is a bit of a slug, but the main problem with the prado is the tyres. They sink like a stone in soft sand (even deflated). Get some bigger tyres on it and you shouldn't even need a lift kit.
Old 23-07-2009, 05:18 PM