Perth-WRX.com  

Go Back   Perth-WRX.com > Off Topic Discussions > Non-WRX Discussion
Register Diddy Kart ArticlesAll AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Welcome to Perth-WRX, click here to register!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 18-06-2010, 11:28 AM
Perth WRX Old Skool Cool Dude

Master D knows their stuff
Default Company provided work vehicles

Hey everyone,
I work in air conditioning & part of my package is a fully paid for work vehicle to use at my disposal 24/7, as the nature of my work dictates ring on call etc.
I had a decent bingle in it over a month ago now and they are telling me I have to pay the excess on the insurance. I was just wondering is this common practice or is the company I work for just a tight pack of assholes.

I have always been of the opinion like many of my colleuges, that during company hours/company business, the excess is covered by them and not my responsibilty. However after hours use (eg don't want to put kms on my car) and I crash I would be liable for the excess which is fine.

The excess is $500. I have chosen to pay it save having this arguement with a stubborn boss who told me I have to pay it, as it's in my contract.

The payments haven't started yet so I can still querie it but I just wanted to see what others have had to do with this type of thing.

Tags
company, provided, vehicles, work