Perth-WRX.com  

Go Back   Perth-WRX.com > Off Topic Discussions > Non-WRX Discussion
Register Diddy Kart ArticlesAll AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Welcome to Perth-WRX, click here to register!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 16-02-2011, 01:50 PM
Perth WRX Old Skool Cool Dude

Master D knows their stuff
Default Work Matters

Ladies and Gents.

I thought i would throw it out here to see what opinions are and whatnot.

Basically, my boss has noted to me a couple of weeks ago my lack of ability to "get jobs 100% complete" which i understand is fruatrating blah blah blah, but in the same breath pulls me off jobs to go fix other problems - ie working in freo, go to mundaring @ 230. Which is fine dont care. But the problem ive got is that im refusing to re-schedule meetings with clients onsite, which ive re-scheduled 2 & 3 times previously because i have been pulled off for these other jobs & its down right rude in my opinion.

Its taking me longer to complete original jobs because of these screw arounds and the fact that im not fully capable of doing some of the jobs im sent to.

My arguement to him is to let me finish jobs right off or to a point where i require further assistance then move onto next job. He agrees with me one day and says he will stop but the next day hes back at it again.

So i have simply started letting him schedule my work load and where to go when so that he cant complain about jobs not being done because he is organising it for me and sees my workload in real time.

Yesterday i recieved a text sayin to meet in my office for a chat about my poor performance - i agree & see him this morning. I get told i was having my " informal" chat now and all that was said is that i was having a performance review once i return from holidays and that i should bring a witness to overhear everything.

Now i questioned what would be the nature of this "meeting" he replied with youll find out when you return.

Now im f)cking pissed off because of a couple of things.

1- why couldnt he tell me about the nature of said meeting
2- i dont class the "informal" meeting as anything because there was no notification or intent to informally discuss any issues.

Now i have seen this as a precurser to being screwed over.

So im wondering if i rock up with my resignation to the meeting and juat resign on the spot - said meeting is over and im outta there?

What is the witness there for? Can they imput into the meeting or are they there just as a pair of ears?

I havent had this happen to me before and i dont really have much of a backround in arguing to save myself - im just as likely to tell the boss to FO insted of being gratious in my demise.

No im not a part of a union.

Cheers
Dave.

Tags
burke ftw, kato's moobs, matters, work