Perth-WRX.com  

Go Back   Perth-WRX.com > Off Topic Discussions > Non-WRX Discussion
Register Diddy Kart ArticlesAll AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Welcome to Perth-WRX, click here to register!

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 27-02-2011, 10:39 PM
Sir AntiLag

RamWRC at standard level
Default 2012

Ok guys well we've all noticed in the news lately that a lot of crap is happening around us. Fires, floods, earthquakes. Thousands of innocent people tragically losing their homes, their businesses, and even their lives.. it's getting ridiculous. Which makes a lot of people reconsider the "2012 we're all gonna die" theory. I've noticed a lot of people bringing it up recently, whether it be posting it on their facebook page, or making it every second topic of discussion. Maybe more so in the younger generation, such as me, but anyway.

I thought it would make a good thread to talk about. So what are your thoughts on the 2012 theory. Do you think anything will happen, or are any of the recent events leading to something? Or do you just think it's a pile of crap?

I've read quite a lot on the theory, about all the things that could quite possibly happen (whether it be connected to 2012 or not). So I am quite interested in seeing what other people think, even if it's just about how you think the world will eventually end.

Open for discussion
Old 27-02-2011, 10:50 PM
Sir AntiLag

REXISM at standard level

well the world will end eventually but as for the 2012 theory, i dont think so. yes everything is getting worse ie. floods, heat ,storms etc. my personal opinion is it can only get worse. i havn't read into this at all but as the ozone is fucking up as is everything else on our planet, the earth is not getting better, we are not doing anything to make it better. therefore expect extreme everything as time goes on, longer droughts, worse storms, extreme heat waves etc. blah blah.
Old 27-02-2011, 10:54 PM
Sir AntiLag

HaiiSon at standard level

I reakon its just the tectonic plates and global warming doing its thing lol
Old 27-02-2011, 11:02 PM
Sign me up!
Baller on a budget

V3 RA at standard level
Send a message via MSN to V3 RA

complete load of shit.

JDM version 3 STi RA
Old 27-02-2011, 11:03 PM
Flat Four Father

urabus knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by V3 RA View Post
complete load of shit.
This

/ thread

Brendon
Old 27-02-2011, 11:07 PM
Subaru Tech Division

apg39 at standard level

I reckon it's all bullshit. Big whoop there's been some weird weather, there's cyclones & floods all the time everywhere else in the word at all different times. Earthquake when you live near the join in tectonic plates? OMG no way!

All scare mongering & people believing what they are told.

Happy to accept I'm wrong if the world implodes next year, but we'd be all dead so who cares.

Another war however...maybe.
Old 27-02-2011, 11:20 PM
Sir AntiLag

RamWRC at standard level

Hey guys if you don't like it, don't post. Or do you just like acting tough over the keyboard? I'm just trying to start a new discussion. One that involves actual knowledge and not just utter crap like some of the things you talk about. I never said the 2012 theory is 100% definitely going to happen. I'm just talking about shit that might happen sometime in the near future. Solar flares, pole reversal, crap like that. I'm using the 2012 theory as a start because it's just a popular theory going around at the moment.

Anyway... thanks to the guys that did give an honest answer. If anyone else wants to share their input feel free
Old 27-02-2011, 11:26 PM
Subaru Tech Division

apg39 at standard level

Believe it or not, in a discussion there will be people who don't agree. You can't get emo when not everyone agrees with you.

You asked our opinion.
Quote:
Originally Posted by RamWRC View Post
Or do you just think it's a pile of crap?
Yes. Steaming pile of said crap.

If it's intelligent discussion you are after, PWRX is not really the best place for it.
Old 27-02-2011, 11:40 PM
Perth WRX Old Skool Cool Dude

Rossco is a guruRossco is a guru
Send a message via MSN to Rossco

This summer has been weird (just look how far south the cyclones have come this year) due to an El Nina cycle....Semi-opposite to El Nino.

"El Niño’s Opposite
Phase–La Niña
When the eastern Pacific Ocean is much cooler than normal, the SOI is usually persistently positive (say about +7) and the Walker Circulation is stronger than average.
These changes often bring widespread rain and flooding to Australia – this phase is called La Niña.

Rainfall is not the exact opposite of the corresponding El Niño outcome. This averaged rainfall pattern is drawn from 12 events (1910, 1916, 1917, 1938, 1950, 1955, 1956, 1971, 1973, 1975, 1988 and 1998). The effect of La Niña on Australian rainfall patterns is more widespread than that of El Niño.
Parts of northern and central Australia tend to feel the impacts of La Niña (i.e., wetter than normal) more than they feel the impacts of El Niño.

Recent La Niña years include 1973–74 (Brisbane’s worst flooding of the 20th century), 1988–89 (vast areas of inland Australia had record rainfall in March 1989) and 1998–2000 . The 1998–2000 period was wet across most of northern and eastern Australia, with the year 2000 being Australia’s second wettest year on record in terms of a national average.

During La Niña phases, temperatures tend to be below normal, particularly over northern and eastern parts of Australia. The cooling is relatively strongest during the October to March period.
La Niña phases tend to have a stronger effect on temperatures than ElNiño phases; that is, temperatures are much cooler than average during La Niña events than they are warmer than average during El Niño events."
[CENTER][COLOR=#ff0000]Built Ej207: Semi-closed RA Cases - Wiseco Forgies - Manley rods - BC 272 cams - GDA Heads - billet f/whl - Vi-pec - WbO2 - 800cc Yellow tops - TD05-20G - 409Hp ath @ 1.75bar on E85[/COLOR][/CENTER]
Old 27-02-2011, 11:43 PM
STI Master

westoz at standard level

Matthew 24:6-7
Mark 13:7-8
1990 Mk3 Supra turbo fully rebuilt 7M-GTE (Older son)
1991 Celica GT4 (Younger son)
Closed Thread

Tags
2012, complete load of shit, end of the world, here come the religous freaks!, nostra-dumbass, praise allah!!!, theory, tino will rescue us all, we're all f*ckin' screwed!!!, will tino get a root before the world ends?