Perth-WRX.com  

Go Back   Perth-WRX.com > Off Topic Discussions > Non-WRX Discussion
Register Diddy Kart ArticlesAll AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Welcome to Perth-WRX, click here to register!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 22-03-2011, 10:42 AM
The Modulator

American Dave is a guruAmerican Dave is a guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zombee View Post
As the title says. Seriously contemplating getting an F6. I love my STi and it is easily the best car I've ever had, but with a baby, I just don't use it. In fact I had it on a battery trickle feed charger for awhile. Its just not practical as a 'family' car. So I was looking around at something that can easily carry the pram and all his gear, be comfortable & quiet, but still has superb grunt when you want it.

I'm a Holden man, but all the reviews I've read place the F6 as one of the best muscle/performance cars that Oz has ever built.

My biggest fear though is the build quality of the Fords. Should I be worried about this?

It would be an auto, in white with black rims.

Any comments?

Cheers
Zombee
Take your pram and all the other baby goodies you travel with and try and fit them in the boot of the F6. If it works easily then consider it a good family car if not then well you know the answer. Fast cars and babies are probably not the best combination imo.
Old 22-03-2011, 10:51 AM
www.dilettante.net

EXPLICIT at standard level
Send a message via MSN to EXPLICIT

The fg is not a bad effort from ford, but the quality is still lacking but plenty of tuneable grunt.

Being family orientated the pro's of it having grunt will diminish.
Old 22-03-2011, 01:49 PM
Sir AntiLag

Zombee at standard level

Cheers for the feedback gents. Ramon, appreciate the feedback.

I doubt I would mod the F6 as I have the STi. To me I would see it more as an all round car than the STi. It may get a tune and thats it. Not even interested in an exhaust. (Saying this tho I know the forums would get to me and I've have to tinkle with it )

So, I may well get a cheaper, less 'hero' car like a second hand XR6T, SSV or maybe an XT for the family duties and keep the STi for the occasional weekend blat.

I'll have to go and see some caryards me thinks.

Cheers
Dom
Old 22-03-2011, 02:09 PM
Perth WRX Old Skool Cool Dude

Master D knows their stuff

In sydney a couple of months ago, i had the unexpected surprise of driving a fg xr6 auto.
I must admit if you arent looking for performance " ie f6" but not xt spec, seriously consider a x fleet one of those. It didnt struggle with 4 adults + toddler + luggage for 5 for a week.

We nearly got 600kms out of a tank -that was both a couple of runs up motorways,traffic & a spirited blat on the central coast.
Extremely comfortable car to drive - surprised the crap outta me.
Only niggle was i felt i was sitting too high with the seat as low as it would go - although i am 6'3".
Old 22-03-2011, 02:19 PM
The Modulator

American Dave is a guruAmerican Dave is a guru

Quote:

I doubt I would mod the F6 as I have the STi. To me I would see it more as an all round car than the STi. It may get a tune and thats it. Not even interested in an exhaust. (Saying this tho I know the forums would get to me and I've have to tinkle with it )

So, I may well get a cheaper, less 'hero' car like a second hand XR6T, SSV or maybe an XT for the family duties and keep the STi for the occasional weekend blat.

Cheers
Dom
LOL Dom just roll on the slow like the other Soccer Dads with an XT...remember its on the impreza platform so fun mod / parts are plentiful
Old 22-03-2011, 02:27 PM
WRX Hi Five Club

GOOSE at standard level
Send a message via MSN to GOOSE

Quote:

Cheers
Dom
Hey Mate

I work in New Cars at Nuford or i can put you onto one of the guys in Used Cars if you like?

Alternatively just check out the Nuford website to see what they have in pre-owned.
Old 22-03-2011, 05:01 PM
Sign me up!
Subaru Tech Division

DEDLYWEPN at standard level

Quote:
My biggest fear though is the build quality of the Fords. Should I be worried about this?
Put simply... YES

Extended Version-
As someone who's had an FG XR6T for 60,000kms and already had more than a dozen warranty issues including 2 fucked diffs, a tailshaft that sheared in two and a r/h driveshaft failure.... They are way under engineered in my opinion, and the F6 isn't much different aside from some flashier body panels and interior gadgetry.

On the plus side, they fkn hammer!

But if you decide you want one, let me know and I'll hook you up with a new car manager I know well, he's honest and will do you a wicked deal.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JDM_STYLE View Post
PM Ramon aka WRXRW, he's got 2 of them.
Yes, but his are well modified with weaknesses all addressed/strengthened and are about as close to original specs as Heidi Montag

FOR SALE - [MY REXTC] - Custom Polycarb Plates - PM Me

Tags
f6, thinking