Perth-WRX.com  

Go Back   Perth-WRX.com > Off Topic Discussions > Non-WRX Discussion
Register Diddy Kart ArticlesAll AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Welcome to Perth-WRX, click here to register!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 25-07-2011, 08:03 AM
Flat Four Father

Jezza at standard level
Default New pot laws in WA

Dopes to feel the heat under new pot laws | Perth Now

So what does the PWRX community think?

I for one am not really affected, but it still makes me angry to see the decision the government has made on this controversial topic.

I can admit that I have tried pot before, but not really my thing. Apparently it is a gateway drug - I tried it when I was drunk - what does this say about alcohol??? Oh, but the government earns a shitload from the liquor industry, so it's ok.

Smoking cigarettes and drinking alcohol are more harmful, more dangerous, and more prevalent in our society, yet the laws are being made to incriminate the minority. Typical draconian government. I'm fairly sure that the leading causes of death in WA would be related to smoking or alcohol.

With an under-funded and under-staffed police force, who will be enforcing these new laws? And with prisons crowded as it is, where are these 'dangerous potheads' going to be locked up?

Organized crime will benefit, as less minorities will be self-producing. Bikies and the like will be laughing all the way to the bank.

Kids will move onto harder, dangerous drugs, which will be more readily available than weed. A similar situation would be the recent 'ecstasy crackdown', where the supply of ecstasy was cut dramatically in Perth. Users moved on to harder, more available drugs for their party time like crack.

I for one would prefer my own kids to try weed as opposed to dexies, acid, ecstasy, crack, heroin...And let's face it - young people are gonna want to try things, or find an alternative to alcohol to get f***ed up.

Reminds me of prohibition.

I can't really see any benefits...

Tags
dude wheres my car ?, laws, pot, sweeeeeeeet duuuuuuuuude, wa