Perth-WRX.com  

Go Back   Perth-WRX.com > Off Topic Discussions > Non-WRX Discussion
Register Diddy Kart ArticlesAll AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Welcome to Perth-WRX, click here to register!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-01-2012, 12:37 AM
Perth WRX Old Skool Cool Dude

Rossco is a guruRossco is a guru
Send a message via MSN to Rossco

Please do me a favor Damo? Can you please go and have a look at 'Ross Graham' lookout & take a picture of the plaque there for me....

Ross Graham was my uncle & fought to have Kalbarri national park proclaimed as it is today. I haven't been up there since my dad passed 7 years ago, we would always stop & clean the plaque at the lookout every year on the way in to Kalbarri. It's one of the river gorges off the Ajana-Kalbarri Rd as Kymbo said, it's very well sign posted.

Finlay's is a must!

As for fishing, you'll need a decent beach rod (10ft) to get out past the reef shelf at most places (except Whittikara & Red Bluff). Bait-wise go and ask for whole gardies at the Kalbarri Sports & Dive (Shop 3 Kalbarri Arc, Kalbarri WA 6536, Australia) or the bait supplier in the light industrial area behind town (sorry, I don't remember their name or addy). From memory we used to use a 5 hook gang of 4/0 hooks on a wire trace, no sinker at all.

Place to try for big tailor (one fish hole), 10-15 lb tailor are pulled from here regularly:

There are also mulloway in the river this time of year & plenty of black bream up river.

The last time My dad & I fished Kalbarri:

The Murchison boat hire runs a water taxi across the river to the oyster reef side opposite town, well worth a look & a laze about in the crystal clear pool on the river side of the reef. Nice walk up the sea side coast to the north of town from here too....Be cautious out on the reef itself rogue waves do happen up there.

This got me a little teary about my old man.........Wish I was heading up there. Enjoy it & take plenty of happy snaps!
[CENTER][COLOR=#ff0000]Built Ej207: Semi-closed RA Cases - Wiseco Forgies - Manley rods - BC 272 cams - GDA Heads - billet f/whl - Vi-pec - WbO2 - 800cc Yellow tops - TD05-20G - 409Hp ath @ 1.75bar on E85[/COLOR][/CENTER]
Old 09-01-2012, 10:53 AM
Subaru Tech Division

damo at standard level

Cheers for the tips Ross will try them out, and as long as I can find my way around I will take some snaps for ya

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rossco View Post
Please do me a favor Damo? Can you please go and have a look at 'Ross Graham' lookout & take a picture of the plaque there for me....

Ross Graham was my uncle & fought to have Kalbarri national park proclaimed as it is today. I haven't been up there since my dad passed 7 years ago, we would always stop & clean the plaque at the lookout every year on the way in to Kalbarri. It's one of the river gorges off the Ajana-Kalbarri Rd as Kymbo said, it's very well sign posted.

Finlay's is a must!

As for fishing, you'll need a decent beach rod (10ft) to get out past the reef shelf at most places (except Whittikara & Red Bluff). Bait-wise go and ask for whole gardies at the Kalbarri Sports & Dive (Shop 3 Kalbarri Arc, Kalbarri WA 6536, Australia) or the bait supplier in the light industrial area behind town (sorry, I don't remember their name or addy). From memory we used to use a 5 hook gang of 4/0 hooks on a wire trace, no sinker at all.

Place to try for big tailor (one fish hole), 10-15 lb tailor are pulled from here regularly:

There are also mulloway in the river this time of year & plenty of black bream up river.

The last time My dad & I fished Kalbarri:

The Murchison boat hire runs a water taxi across the river to the oyster reef side opposite town, well worth a look & a laze about in the crystal clear pool on the river side of the reef. Nice walk up the sea side coast to the north of town from here too....Be cautious out on the reef itself rogue waves do happen up there.

This got me a little teary about my old man.........Wish I was heading up there. Enjoy it & take plenty of happy snaps!
Old 09-01-2012, 11:13 AM
Perth WRX Old Skool Cool Dude

mARC at standard level

Rossco, please tell me thats grease on your arms or were you a werewolf in a previous life
Old 09-01-2012, 11:21 AM
Subaru Tech Division

MY99GT at standard level

I thought it was a tattoo! lol
We will remember them.

Lest we forget .
Old 09-01-2012, 01:13 PM
WRX Hi Five Club

grape juice at standard level

theres a hell nice restaurant call black rock cafe or something its mint!

+1 for whittie creek, if youve got a nice fourby can get right down of the beach there. i go to kal every year and last time pulled 12 taylor in 2 nights.

River is wicked for catching whitting. Get a Sabiki rig from the tackle shops and you'll be pulled in 2 every cast.

id also suggest trying a really long tracer, fair bit of reef around and the braided line cuts like butter on it.

"All in relation to nothing. Nothing in relation to infinity. A central point to both, And infinitely far from understanding either."

Tags
fishing, kalbarri