Perth-WRX.com  

Go Back   Perth-WRX.com > Off Topic Discussions > Non-WRX Discussion
Register Diddy Kart ArticlesAll AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Welcome to Perth-WRX, click here to register!

Like Tree4Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 13-09-2012, 01:17 PM
Perth WRX Old Skool Cool Dude

RUSSGT is a guruRUSSGT is a guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by ALEX. View Post
People who are tracking their cars once a week are recommending you DO NOT upgrade your rotors at all; you can stick with OEM and they will be fine? Did I interpret that correctly?

The thing with forums is that unless you know the person making the comment and their experience (so you can put due weight behind their recommendation/advice/opinion) then it's hard to know who really has a clue what they're talking about!
So true! I just had an arguement with some knob on ozfoz saying that fully synth oil "causes" glazed bores... Twat.

http://kap.industries/
Old 13-09-2012, 01:37 PM
Sir AntiLag

Sethi3 at standard level

Quote:
Originally Posted by ALEX. View Post
People who are tracking their cars once a week are recommending you DO NOT upgrade your rotors at all; you can stick with OEM and they will be fine? Did I interpret that correctly?

The thing with forums is that unless you know the person making the comment and their experience (so you can put due weight behind their recommendation/advice/opinion) then it's hard to know who really has a clue what they're talking about!
I should've said this earlier, but I'm speaking mainly from an economical point of view. I should've also said buy rotors that are better than OEM one's (like those HD OEM replacement ones) but don't go too expensive as you'll wear them out really quickly by the amount of track time you'll be seeing.

If you're entering events with the mindset of coming out the top, then yes, by all means you'll want that extra 5% performance from better rotors.

End of the day, it's really how big you're willing to open your wallet.
ALEX. likes this.
The Following User Says Thank You to Sethi3 For This Useful Post:
Camm (13-09-2012)
Old 02-11-2012, 12:15 PM
DCCD Donut Driver

Camm at standard level

Many thanks to everyone for all there advice. As of last weekend I fitted some dba4000s and project mu brake pads and am happy to say that they seem to be a great combo - no squeaking and compared to my pos oem ones they bite nicely.

One last Q however, as I set off to do some "bedding in" I noticed that my handbrake light was on but that my hand brake was disengaged. Since fitting the rotors the hand brake light hasn't gone off. Have I tripped a sensor or have i bumped/damaged the hat?
Old 02-11-2012, 03:34 PM
Sign me up!
Subaru Tech Division

Jeckle at standard level

Handbrake or brake warning light?

Straight roads are for fast cars, twisty roads are for fast drivers. I have or am neither.

http://tttmsp.smugmug.com/
Old 04-11-2012, 11:57 AM
DCCD Donut Driver

Camm at standard level

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeckle View Post
Handbrake or brake warning light?
I thought it was the handbrake but it could be a warning light. It's a red exclamation mark in a circle (I haven't paid that much attention regarding the warning lights tbh - I've never had a problem before. I was under the impression it was a handbrake light). The ride feels perfect ie I don't feel resistance from the handbrake, there's no "wobble" under braking so Im stumped
Old 04-11-2012, 12:56 PM
WRX Hi Five Club

Captain Awesome at standard level

Quote:
Originally Posted by Camm View Post
I thought it was the handbrake but it could be a warning light. It's a red exclamation mark in a circle (I haven't paid that much attention regarding the warning lights tbh - I've never had a problem before. I was under the impression it was a handbrake light). The ride feels perfect ie I don't feel resistance from the handbrake, there's no "wobble" under braking so Im stumped
Pretty easy to diagnose which light it is...

Pull your hand brake> Does a new light come on? If no then it's your hand brake light, if yes it's your brake warning light.

(Please completely disregard if they have put the light in the same place O.O)

Previous:
2012 Evo X - White
Parts: HKS | SSP | GARRETT | TURBOSMART | ARC | COLTSPEED | BLITZ | CAMTECH | VARIS | VOLK | CUSCO | TIEN | FORGE | FULL RACE
Old 04-11-2012, 01:06 PM
Subaru Tech Division

DukeDrifter knows their stuff

Quote:
Many thanks to everyone for all there advice. As of last weekend I fitted some dba4000s and project mu brake pads and am happy to say that they seem to be a great combo - no squeaking and compared to my pos oem ones they bite nicely.

One last Q however, as I set off to do some "bedding in" I noticed that my handbrake light was on but that my hand brake was disengaged. Since fitting the rotors the hand brake light hasn't gone off. Have I tripped a sensor or have i bumped/damaged the hat?
I had similar thing happen in my vtir civic after having my brakes serviced, was something to do with the abs after so hard breaking which engaged the abs light went away. If not have you checked your brake fluid levels ?
Old 04-11-2012, 01:45 PM
Burnout!

Kato is a guruKato is a guru

Quote:

Did you adjust the handbrake at the handbrake handle? If so, you've probably unplugged the sensor.
Old 04-11-2012, 05:44 PM
DCCD Donut Driver

Camm at standard level

Quote:
Originally Posted by DukeDrifter View Post
I had similar thing happen in my vtir civic after having my brakes serviced, was something to do with the abs after so hard breaking which engaged the abs light went away. If not have you checked your brake fluid levels ?
Ahh I did bleed the lines and yes the fluid levels have dropped but its not "low". I'll top it up tomorrow and see if that does the trick.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kato View Post
Did you adjust the handbrake at the handbrake handle? If so, you've probably unplugged the sensor.
I hadn't Kato but there has been a wee bit more play in the handbrakes action so I might check it out too. Cheers
Old 04-11-2012, 10:58 PM
Sign me up!
82 of 200

_daz_ at standard level

You may have damaged the ABS sensor when fitting the rotors.

That wasn't a U-turn! It was two consecutive right hand turns.

Tags
dba, mu, project, rotors