Perth-WRX.com  

Go Back   Perth-WRX.com > Off Topic Discussions > Non-WRX Discussion
Register Diddy Kart ArticlesAll AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Welcome to Perth-WRX, click here to register!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 14-06-2006, 09:18 AM
Sir AntiLag

Jaded at standard level
Send a message via MSN to Jaded

Think ill prolly just have to write the whole idea of getting any money off *sigh*

gotta love it when ur totally faultless in an accident and its you who loses money.
Old 14-06-2006, 05:11 PM
silver02Sti

sounds like you definately have a legitimate claim and you wll receive compensation for costs/losses if you play the game correctly.

you have to have a lawyer - go to see one. They can let you know if you have a case and will start proceedings if you wish (attending a gp for a report etc). They will take out there fee when you settle and they can only charge you up to $10 000 for this type of claim.

It is essential that you get and keep all copies of reports (police report, doctors, physios, physciatrists, lawyers, this includes all receipts for your costs incurred due to the accident) Do not rely on your lawyer to do this for you.

Generally these things last for about four years so be patient. This is quite important as you may think you have recovered but you may notice pains and aches etc as time goes by....tell your gp about these and make sure you get him to record it in the report.

REPORTS = evidence = compensation

there are lots of traps for young players but if you persist with your legitimate claim you will be compensated
Old 15-06-2006, 12:39 AM
d_generate

Quote:
Originally Posted by silver02Sti
sounds like you definately have a legitimate claim and you wll receive compensation for costs/losses if you play the game correctly.

you have to have a lawyer - go to see one. They can let you know if you have a case and will start proceedings if you wish (attending a gp for a report etc). They will take out there fee when you settle and they can only charge you up to $10 000 for this type of claim.

It is essential that you get and keep all copies of reports (police report, doctors, physios, physciatrists, lawyers, this includes all receipts for your costs incurred due to the accident) Do not rely on your lawyer to do this for you.

Generally these things last for about four years so be patient. This is quite important as you may think you have recovered but you may notice pains and aches etc as time goes by....tell your gp about these and make sure you get him to record it in the report.

REPORTS = evidence = compensation

there are lots of traps for young players but if you persist with your legitimate claim you will be compensated
Don't know where you get your facts from but you are WRONG, my photocopying bill alone was over $1,200 and if you think you are going to get a lawyer to work for 4 years for $10,000 you are living on cloud kukoo land.
There are limits they are supposed to charge but they ignore that, then baristers reports come into it & you pay for your own medical & shrink reports ( usually between $800 & $1,200 ea ), Then the MVIT will shop you from one insurance quack to another & they are all lying bastards.
Then when you are getting close to going to court the lying thieving shark fuck like the one I had might demand you fork out $50,000 or he will not continue your case because he has kids & a mortgage to pay.
The MVIT will employ the biggest pricks on earth to fight you because they have unlimited funds, yes from the third party insurance you pay on your rego.
What you must to do is get a case number from the MVIT so they pay all medical & pharmacy bills but if you are back at work full time, you have no economical loss. It will more than likely cost you much more than you will be offered & even that will take a minimum of two years.
I was lucky, I had X Rays to prove I had damage & they admitted 100% liability. If you have soft tissue damage its off to the shrinks till they find one who is willing to stand up in court to say it's all in your head.
Old 15-06-2006, 07:54 AM
silver02Sti

mmmm.....fiesty

I can tell you have been thru the experience as you appear to be a little bit bitter about the situation d generate. Maybe you werent so d generate before your experience with the lovable rogues of the legal, insurance and medical world. People do tend to lose their souls during the experience.

You have been ripped off by your lawyer my friend as they are definately capped at $10 000 (which can work for and against you).

As I said you have to play the game. You definately need to do your research and play hardball or you will be eaten alive (which happens to most people as they believe there lawyer will do all the work for them - WRONG).

By the way I do not get my info from cookoo land degenerate I get it from the land of defeating lawyers and insurance companies and receiving very large amounts of $$$$$'s.

TIP: NEVER TRUST A LAWYER
Old 15-06-2006, 07:57 AM
DCCD Donut Driver

skeptic at standard level

Mate, sounds like you got stooped by your lawyer big time - maybe he spotted another grumpy old man.

silver02Sti's post was not wrong, not everyone has a case like yours so don't be so quick to jump to conclusions and go off on a rant. My lawyer cost less than $10k and he spent over 3 years before the matter was closed.
Old 15-06-2006, 11:21 AM
d_generate

Quote:
mmmm.....fiesty

I can tell you have been thru the experience as you appear to be a little bit bitter about the situation d generate. Maybe you werent so d generate before your experience with the lovable rogues of the legal, insurance and medical world. People do tend to lose their souls during the experience.

You have been ripped off by your lawyer my friend as they are definately capped at $10 000 (which can work for and against you).

As I said you have to play the game. You definately need to do your research and play hardball or you will be eaten alive (which happens to most people as they believe there lawyer will do all the work for them - WRONG).

By the way I do not get my info from cookoo land degenerate I get it from the land of defeating lawyers and insurance companies and receiving very large amounts of $$$$$'s.

TIP: NEVER TRUST A LAWYER
First off I've got better things to do than go around ripping off insurance companies, it just makes everyone else's premiums higher.
I've just had my "lawyer only" bill taxed, do you know what TAXING means? ( that's when the big boys get involved ) at $36,000. So please show me in writing where it "officially" says there is a cap of $10,000 on lawyers expenses for Motor Vehical claims. You may be talking about "workers comp" which is a totally different kettle of fish.
And no mate, apart from when it comes to lawyers I'm as happy as a pig in shit, I just don't suffer fools lightly.
I'm just trying to give the girl a heads up on what she may run into, I don't particularly give a rats arse one way or the other how she handles it, it's just a warning on what can & does happen.
Old 15-06-2006, 11:55 AM
silver02Sti

no wonder you got ripped off you are a fuckn idiot
Old 15-06-2006, 12:12 PM
Sir AntiLag

Jaded at standard level

now now kids... no need to go name calling

thanks everyone for sharing your experiences.. Im not going to take it further.. I have enough stress on my plate and its just not worth it.

peace out
-Tara
Old 15-06-2006, 02:43 PM
d_generate

Quote:
no wonder you got ripped off you are a fuckn idiot
Ok Compo King, put your money where your mouth is & prove your wild claim, just scan where it says there is a $10,000 limit on MV charges by lawyers & put it here, not too hard for a self taught Lawyer like yourself is it?
Oh & by the way Compo King, I may have been overcharged but I "will" get it back ( it's just unfortunate they get their hands on your settlement cheque before you do & they hope you won't take it any further )
I settled for a lot more than you are worth, so I have all the time in the world to wait, cos the longer it takes him the worse he looks, in fact there are that many cases against him, there is a good chance he will be struck off.
Unlike you who are right up there on all matters pertaining to law & lawyers I just went with someone the bar association recomended, as I dont make a living out of ripping people off like you, I knew fuck all about these parasites.
P.S. Did you start on old ladies before you worked your way up to insurance companies?
P.P.S. What next, more name calling, possible threats of violence, ooooh. Fucking Child.
Old 15-06-2006, 03:04 PM
Sir AntiLag

Jaded at standard level

always gots to have the last word huh ?

maturity ++++

let it go !~

Tags
3rd, bout, commision, injury, insurance, party, question