Perth-WRX.com  

Go Back   Perth-WRX.com > Off Topic Discussions > Non-WRX Discussion
Register Diddy Kart ArticlesAll AlbumsBlogs FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

ULTREX
Welcome to Perth-WRX, click here to register!

Like Tree1638Likes

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
  #911  
Old 26-07-2015, 09:39 AM
Master D's Avatar
Perth WRX Old Skool Cool Dude
Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Hocking
Posts: 3,514
Blog Entries: 3
Thanks: 199
Thanked 74 Times in 58 Posts
Master D knows their stuff
Default

On the other side of my operation, a week off to recover and my house now has the beginnings of a roof. Singapore GP in 6 weeks.
Things have finally started coming my way.
Fuck Yiss.
mARC, TROLLEY, grumpyrex and 3 others like this.
__________________
2016 Subaru Outback - Work Wagon
350NM of CVT Goodness
Pit Crew, shit talker.
Reply With Quote
  #912  
Old 26-07-2015, 11:17 AM
matto20v's Avatar
STI Master
Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Perth
Posts: 970
Thanks: 37
Thanked 36 Times in 33 Posts
matto20v at standard level
Default

Good weather to wash/clean cars.

Then drink beer.
Reply With Quote
  #913  
Old 30-07-2015, 10:07 AM
shaunus's Avatar
WRX Hi Five Club
Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Kalgoorlie
Posts: 207
Thanks: 4
Thanked 6 Times in 6 Posts
shaunus at standard level
Default

That Hideout are releasing early bird tickets today

Fuck, I just got back and I can't wait to get back over there!
Reply With Quote
  #914  
Old 30-07-2015, 11:58 AM
Dan [GTI]'s Avatar
Subaru Tech Division
Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: [DISCLOSED]
Posts: 1,197
Thanks: 175
Thanked 64 Times in 61 Posts
Dan [GTI] knows their stuff
Default Parts, Parts, Parts...

When the man in a van arrives and drops off parts, that will make anyone happy

So I started a small parts collection ready for a retune: Downpipe, Intercooler Piping and Intake.



Finally fitted my new wheels and sold my old ones (within 8 hours of posting the Scumtree advert)

They are ROTA Titan 18x8.5 (+45) with 225/40 tyres. I actually lost 3.1KG per corner from the stock 17x7.5 setup.

Also installed a few optional extras with functioning activation buttons.
__________________
MY01 JDM EVO VII - 230KW / 430NM @ 1.6BAR

Last edited by Dan [GTI]; 30-07-2015 at 01:56 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #915  
Old 30-07-2015, 06:36 PM
JMKN's Avatar
Scoobie Noobie
Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Location: Mount Hawthorn
Posts: 24
Thanks: 1
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
JMKN at standard level
Default

Watching dickheads using the emergency lane as their own personal traffic jam bypass, getting pulled over by the cops for once
Reply With Quote
  #916  
Old 30-07-2015, 07:55 PM
red dragon2002's Avatar
Subaru Tech Division
Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Rivervale Motherfukker
Posts: 1,418
Thanks: 6
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
red dragon2002 at standard level
Default

^^ hey Dan how are you finding the mk6 any problems so far ? Who does the maintaining and retuning of your car if you don't mind me asking ?

Was interested in a mk6 and now not sure as didn't have luck with our polo gti which engine blew up after 20 days !
__________________
98 gf8 Rip
Reply With Quote
  #917  
Old 30-07-2015, 08:46 PM
Dan [GTI]'s Avatar
Subaru Tech Division
Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: [DISCLOSED]
Posts: 1,197
Thanks: 175
Thanked 64 Times in 61 Posts
Dan [GTI] knows their stuff
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by red dragon2002 View Post
^^ hey Dan how are you finding the mk6 any problems so far ? Who does the maintaining and retuning of your car if you don't mind me asking ?

Was interested in a mk6 and now not sure as didn't have luck with our polo gti which engine blew up after 20 days !
The POLO 1.4L Twin Charge motors were not the best motors. Two colleges have a POLO GTI, one has just had a rebuild and the other is in talks with his VW dealer about the same thing.

The Golf is pretty solid. The only issue I had was the aftermarket parking sensors.

The VW DSG gearboxes had a lot of issues, but the Golf GTI boxes escaped the major issues. The biggest thing with the Golf was the gearbox tried to engage 1st & 2nd when starting the car (then quickly disengaged second) and causing internal errors / LIMP modes. This was solved by VW changing the TCU or reflashing the TCU.

Retuning is cheaper if you go with a plug & load controller (~$700) similar to COBB or a bit more expensive to go get a custom tune (~$1200).

I will be getting my car serviced / tuned through RAMP AUTO GROUP, but there is plenty of Euro workshops around willing to logbook service.
__________________
MY01 JDM EVO VII - 230KW / 430NM @ 1.6BAR
Reply With Quote
  #918  
Old 30-07-2015, 08:54 PM
red dragon2002's Avatar
Subaru Tech Division
Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Rivervale Motherfukker
Posts: 1,418
Thanks: 6
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
red dragon2002 at standard level
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan [GTI] View Post
The POLO 1.4L Twin Charge motors were not the best motors. Two colleges have a POLO GTI, one has just had a rebuild and the other is in talks with his VW dealer about the same thing.

The Golf is pretty solid. The only issue I had was the aftermarket parking sensors.

The VW DSG gearboxes had a lot of issues, but the Golf GTI boxes escaped the major issues. The biggest thing with the Golf was the gearbox tried to engage 1st & 2nd when starting the car (then quickly disengaged second) and causing internal errors / LIMP modes. This was solved by VW changing the TCU or reflashing the TCU.

Retuning is cheaper if you go with a plug & load controller (~$700) similar to COBB or a bit more expensive to go get a custom tune (~$1200).

I will be getting my car serviced / tuned through RAMP AUTO GROUP, but there is plenty of Euro workshops around willing to logbook service.
Thanks for the info . I was thinking of a manual trans . Hmm you may have restored a bit of faith in my decision ! Maybe should have bought a golf instead of the polo
__________________
98 gf8 Rip
Reply With Quote
  #919  
Old 30-07-2015, 09:04 PM
Dan [GTI]'s Avatar
Subaru Tech Division
Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: [DISCLOSED]
Posts: 1,197
Thanks: 175
Thanked 64 Times in 61 Posts
Dan [GTI] knows their stuff
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by red dragon2002 View Post
Thanks for the info . I was thinking of a manual trans . Hmm you may have restored a bit of faith in my decision ! Maybe should have bought a golf instead of the polo
My missus wanted a Polo GTI but when we were first looking they only had the 1.4L and my college had only had his for 8 months and it had started using 1L of oil every 3 - 4 weeks... so instantly backed away from that idea.

Manual GOLF GTI will have no issues at all mate. The DSG is pretty fucking awesome when you want to feel like a racing driver. Changes super quick and the DSG backfire between gears sounds great.
__________________
MY01 JDM EVO VII - 230KW / 430NM @ 1.6BAR
Reply With Quote
  #920  
Old 30-07-2015, 09:12 PM
red dragon2002's Avatar
Subaru Tech Division
Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Rivervale Motherfukker
Posts: 1,418
Thanks: 6
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
red dragon2002 at standard level
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan [GTI] View Post
My missus wanted a Polo GTI but when we were first looking they only had the 1.4L and my college had only had his for 8 months and it had started using 1L of oil every 3 - 4 weeks... so instantly backed away from that idea.

Manual GOLF GTI will have no issues at all mate. The DSG is pretty fucking awesome when you want to feel like a racing driver. Changes super quick and the DSG backfire between gears sounds great.
3 - 4 weeks is good ours was 1L a week ridiculous ! Ye the dsg in the polo was pretty sweet . Last question I promise , you have had a few cars over the years so how do you rate the golf ? Thanks Dan

P.s if I end up with the golf hope you can give me advice on mods ect
__________________
98 gf8 Rip
Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
1st_rule_of_rj_is_dont_talk_about_rj, ban rj9999 now, gigolo zurzolo, happy, make, rj find a friend thread, rj off to america mh370 anyone, rj only thread will make me happy, rj9999 still here with no friends & finds new bbq, things, v20

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Perth Anti-Hoon Laws - its so easy to make false report if you dont like someone Duxi General Subaru Discussion 28 18-08-2007 09:44 AM
Wanna make my zorst louder Evidencee Mechanicals 30 19-02-2007 02:35 PM
Where To Make Stickers aDe Cosmetic 1 05-08-2005 05:23 PM



Welcome to Perth-WRX, click here to register!

All times are GMT +8. The time now is 07:33 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO