Perth-WRX.com  

Go Back   Perth-WRX.com > Off Topic Discussions > Non-WRX Discussion
Register Diddy Kart ArticlesAll AlbumsBlogs FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

ULTREX
Welcome to Perth-WRX, click here to register!

Like Tree1638Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 26-07-2015, 09:39 AM
Perth WRX Old Skool Cool Dude

Master D knows their stuff

On the other side of my operation, a week off to recover and my house now has the beginnings of a roof. Singapore GP in 6 weeks.
Things have finally started coming my way.
Fuck Yiss.
mARC, TROLLEY, grumpyrex and 3 others like this.
Old 26-07-2015, 11:17 AM
STI Master

matto20v at standard level

Good weather to wash/clean cars.

Then drink beer.
Old 30-07-2015, 10:07 AM
WRX Hi Five Club

shaunus at standard level

That Hideout are releasing early bird tickets today

Fuck, I just got back and I can't wait to get back over there!
Old 30-07-2015, 11:58 AM
Subaru Tech Division

Dan [GTI] knows their stuff
Default Parts, Parts, Parts...

When the man in a van arrives and drops off parts, that will make anyone happy

So I started a small parts collection ready for a retune: Downpipe, Intercooler Piping and Intake.

Finally fitted my new wheels and sold my old ones (within 8 hours of posting the Scumtree advert)

They are ROTA Titan 18x8.5 (+45) with 225/40 tyres. I actually lost 3.1KG per corner from the stock 17x7.5 setup.

Also installed a few optional extras with functioning activation buttons.

Last edited by Dan [GTI]; 30-07-2015 at 01:56 PM.
Old 30-07-2015, 06:36 PM
Scoobie Noobie

JMKN at standard level

Watching dickheads using the emergency lane as their own personal traffic jam bypass, getting pulled over by the cops for once
Old 30-07-2015, 07:55 PM
Subaru Tech Division

red dragon2002 at standard level

^^ hey Dan how are you finding the mk6 any problems so far ? Who does the maintaining and retuning of your car if you don't mind me asking ?

Was interested in a mk6 and now not sure as didn't have luck with our polo gti which engine blew up after 20 days !
Old 30-07-2015, 08:46 PM
Subaru Tech Division

Quote:
Originally Posted by red dragon2002 View Post
^^ hey Dan how are you finding the mk6 any problems so far ? Who does the maintaining and retuning of your car if you don't mind me asking ?

Was interested in a mk6 and now not sure as didn't have luck with our polo gti which engine blew up after 20 days !
The POLO 1.4L Twin Charge motors were not the best motors. Two colleges have a POLO GTI, one has just had a rebuild and the other is in talks with his VW dealer about the same thing.

The Golf is pretty solid. The only issue I had was the aftermarket parking sensors.

The VW DSG gearboxes had a lot of issues, but the Golf GTI boxes escaped the major issues. The biggest thing with the Golf was the gearbox tried to engage 1st & 2nd when starting the car (then quickly disengaged second) and causing internal errors / LIMP modes. This was solved by VW changing the TCU or reflashing the TCU.

Retuning is cheaper if you go with a plug & load controller (~$700) similar to COBB or a bit more expensive to go get a custom tune (~$1200).

I will be getting my car serviced / tuned through RAMP AUTO GROUP, but there is plenty of Euro workshops around willing to logbook service.
Old 30-07-2015, 08:54 PM
Subaru Tech Division

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan [GTI] View Post
The POLO 1.4L Twin Charge motors were not the best motors. Two colleges have a POLO GTI, one has just had a rebuild and the other is in talks with his VW dealer about the same thing.

The Golf is pretty solid. The only issue I had was the aftermarket parking sensors.

The VW DSG gearboxes had a lot of issues, but the Golf GTI boxes escaped the major issues. The biggest thing with the Golf was the gearbox tried to engage 1st & 2nd when starting the car (then quickly disengaged second) and causing internal errors / LIMP modes. This was solved by VW changing the TCU or reflashing the TCU.

Retuning is cheaper if you go with a plug & load controller (~$700) similar to COBB or a bit more expensive to go get a custom tune (~$1200).

I will be getting my car serviced / tuned through RAMP AUTO GROUP, but there is plenty of Euro workshops around willing to logbook service.
Thanks for the info . I was thinking of a manual trans . Hmm you may have restored a bit of faith in my decision ! Maybe should have bought a golf instead of the polo
Old 30-07-2015, 09:04 PM
Subaru Tech Division

Quote:
Originally Posted by red dragon2002 View Post
Thanks for the info . I was thinking of a manual trans . Hmm you may have restored a bit of faith in my decision ! Maybe should have bought a golf instead of the polo
My missus wanted a Polo GTI but when we were first looking they only had the 1.4L and my college had only had his for 8 months and it had started using 1L of oil every 3 - 4 weeks... so instantly backed away from that idea.

Manual GOLF GTI will have no issues at all mate. The DSG is pretty fucking awesome when you want to feel like a racing driver. Changes super quick and the DSG backfire between gears sounds great.
Old 30-07-2015, 09:12 PM
Subaru Tech Division

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan [GTI] View Post
My missus wanted a Polo GTI but when we were first looking they only had the 1.4L and my college had only had his for 8 months and it had started using 1L of oil every 3 - 4 weeks... so instantly backed away from that idea.

Manual GOLF GTI will have no issues at all mate. The DSG is pretty fucking awesome when you want to feel like a racing driver. Changes super quick and the DSG backfire between gears sounds great.
3 - 4 weeks is good ours was 1L a week ridiculous ! Ye the dsg in the polo was pretty sweet . Last question I promise , you have had a few cars over the years so how do you rate the golf ? Thanks Dan

P.s if I end up with the golf hope you can give me advice on mods ect

Tags
1st_rule_of_rj_is_dont_talk_about_rj, ban rj9999 now, gigolo zurzolo, happy, make, rj find a friend thread, rj off to america mh370 anyone, rj only thread will make me happy, rj9999 still here with no friends & finds new bbq, things, v20