Perth-WRX.com  

Go Back   Perth-WRX.com > Off Topic Discussions > Photography and Media
Register Diddy Kart ArticlesAll AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Welcome to Perth-WRX, click here to register!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 30-09-2008, 02:08 PM
STI Master

ninjawrx at standard level

Yep spot on ^^^

[url]http://www.flickr.com/photos/29857839@N03/sets/[/url]
Old 30-09-2008, 04:36 PM
STI Master

Fozzy at standard level

No worries guys thanks.. Any rules on the gear and stuff you can use? Barbless hooks etc?

There is 0 info on the site
Old 30-09-2008, 09:12 PM
STI Master

No real rules except that you must pay for what you take...oh and dont do what i did and clean, gut and take the head off before you weigh the fish. They will spew hahaha.

You can take any fishing gear you like except gidgy or spearguns lol.

Great day out

Old 30-09-2008, 09:16 PM
STI Master

Fozzy at standard level

Sweet..

Can not wait to give it a burl
Old 22-10-2008, 03:40 PM
Potty Training Scoobie Noobie

TheSaint at standard level

i live in busselton =)

we headed down to walpole for a weekend fishing trip =)

other halfs dad and rusty ellis from ocean to outback took me out on the inlet in the afternoon and evening

we didnt catch much during the day but in the evening a few boats went out to a couple of spots for sunset, beer, and black brim lol

we caught alot of fish and they wer fun to pull up, fishing in only a couple of feet of water, they come in at sunset to feed =)

heres some shots from the weekend =)

Old 27-10-2008, 09:56 AM
STI Master

Got up 3am!!!!! Fished on a boat around rockingham and landed 4 real nice KG whiting 40cm+ each and this unreal coloured wrass of some sort.

Got home 430pm buggerd tired and rememberd i teed up to take a girl i know fishing at 5pm :lol: and fished hillarys till 8pm! Caught a nice sized gurnard
Such nice colours and by the way DONT TOUCH THEM!!! I am typing this with a real sore finger!!!! They are poisonous!! Hurt like hell :evil:
!

Old 06-04-2009, 08:46 AM
Sir AntiLag

jzr at standard level

Spent Saturday and Sunday in walpole had a blast. Heaps of whiting, herring and skippy. Managed to get 24 salmon between 3 of us in the 2 days. 19 were landed yesterday morning.

What we awoke to

This is what we were fishing off.

One of the many salmon.
Old 15-04-2009, 11:25 PM
STI Master

westoz at standard level

Well, 'spose many of you got stuck into the ol' salmon over Easter weekend..... I was no exception .

Down at our family spot near Augusta, cast in looking for #3 salmon for the day (4 overall) when, from the sandy beach (NOT boat or reef), managed to haul this baby in. At 4.22 kg it may not be that impressive, however you just DON'T catch these straight off the beach usually!

Very pleasantly surprised .

Sorry for pic quality; 'twas the sister's old P&S.

1990 Mk3 Supra turbo fully rebuilt 7M-GTE (Older son)
1991 Celica GT4 (Younger son)
Old 16-04-2009, 12:25 AM
STI Master

reflexwrx at standard level

I spent the weekend at a place called Reef Beach about 470kms south of Perth (30kms before Bremer Bay). We caught Skippy, Herring, Cobbler, Salmon and a speared a shark. Awesome spot for all those keen fishermen. Need 4x4 to get there but one of my favourite spots for camping. Steep Point would also be one of my favourite places to camp.
[email]brendanstiling@iinet.net.au[/email]
[url]www.brendantiling.yodel.com.au/[/url]
Old 07-05-2009, 11:22 PM
STI Master

Well im now back from my holiday in Karratha. Gee what a time!!!

Got busted off many times by MONSTER unknowns!!!!!

The worst was when i was feeding a unweighted gardie out the back of the dingy and there was loads of slack line and i noticed a 20kg+ either wahoo or big mack jump so i flicked the bailarm over and no joke, the line tangled around it!!! SNAP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! lost it! I was frantically tryin to undo it but ran out of time. It was like a bad dream.

Ended up catching a smal shark mackeral, and about 3 small black tips which i released

We also went to point samson and i landed 3 nice mangrove jacks. Lost a good GT and Threadfin aswell.

We also went out on a mates boat around the burrup and i caught my first coral trout, small spaniard and spangled emperor. I didnt have my camera this day

NOW FOR THE DELEMA..

My mate told his girlfrend that we were fishing for 6 days and she said only if you look after Bella (2yr old girl ) for the night on monday nite only so she could go out with the girls. We agreed. Well me and 3 mates were heading to a fishing spot at 12pm on monday on the dingy and we went through a big passage to get to open ocean. We fished there for a few hours till 3.30 and decided we should head home to be home around 5pm. As we enterd the passage, we were flying along!!!! 40+kph!!! I was looking over the side of the boat and noticed that the previos 5meters+ deep water was only 0.5 meters so i yelled to my mate to STOP THE BOAT!!!! Unfortunatly i was to slow and we run aground . I said to them that the best idea was to hop out to get the weight off the boat and push it. So we all hopped out and started pushing the dingy in this kilometer wide passage. I seen about 15 sharks go past, each time i dived into the boat packin myself, i had turtle swim past and fish. It was amaising! We must of got about 50meters before its was ankle deep and we couldnt go any further.
I said to my mate "Whens the tide due in"??? he said "9.30pm" This was real bad!!!! We had no phone reception and no lights on the dingy and no torch. Also there was no moon due that night. I suggested that we walk to the edge of the passage and climb the hills and try get reception. We all agreed so 2 of us went for a walk dodging small sharks, stingrays, mudcrabs and turtles and walked up onto the shore. Right about then my left thong had a blowout so i waited on a small hill while my mate went higher. Now for the big news stuff....I looked to my left and noticed a etching into the rock and walked over and no joke, about 50 rock aboriginal etchings of pictures of crabs, stingrays , turtles etc I yelled for my mate to come over and we agreed to come back and GPS mark the spot and take pics but for now we were in big trouble with his GF haha.We had no phone reception. Well 9.30 came and tide came in and we motord back to the boat ramp in darkness , had the sea rescue out looking for us and a mates gf ready to tear strips off us. I went back and took pics and marked the spot and guess what??? Im the first to ever find these ones!!! My name will be recorded as the person to descover them!!!!! I will also be able to name the site.
There are a few rock art in the burrup but these have never been seen by anyone!!! The west australian wants to do a story but there may be legal issues due to us not being allowed on that bit of land so im trying to contact idiginous affars to find out. .
Since found out that the burrup rock art is 20,000-40,000 years old. Oldest in the world

pics to follow....

Tags
fishing, pictures