Perth-WRX.com  

Go Back   Perth-WRX.com > Off Topic Discussions > Non-WRX Discussion
Register Diddy Kart ArticlesAll AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Welcome to Perth-WRX, click here to register!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 16-12-2009, 05:35 PM
Sir AntiLag

[JAZZIE] at standard level
Send a message via MSN to [JAZZIE]

ugh. i will never ever ever recommend BGC to anyone. well not the after sales service anyways. so over the head fuck. they are fighting me on wether they are replacing my carpets after they were damaged when the crack was getting fixed. FFS. they want to just patch them.. i said not good enuff... GRRRRR.. i can post up full emails if people want more details. feeling rather down about it all now.
Old 16-12-2009, 10:54 PM
Subaru Tech Division

sleepy at standard level
Send a message via MSN to sleepy

Make sure you tell them how you feel and that you definitely won't be recommending them. It might change their tune a little.
Old 16-12-2009, 11:14 PM
DCCD Donut Driver

big tilly at standard level

i can definitly recommend dale alcock, we recently built in baldivis and alcock were great in every aspect and had no dramas whenever i asked a question or wanted something changed, super quick too with no problems in the house so far
Old 16-12-2009, 11:17 PM
Sir AntiLag

scooby99 at standard level
Send a message via MSN to scooby99

depending on how you feel, the link below might be your best option

http://www.builders.wa.gov.au/default.aspx?MenuID=72

Let me know if you want more info or any advice.
Old 17-12-2009, 12:04 AM
Sir AntiLag

REXISM at standard level

EDIT :

Stones on garden now instead of mulch, Much better and wont dry out like mulch
[/QUOTE]

where did you get the rocks. and cost?
Old 17-12-2009, 09:16 AM
Sign me up!
uh oh

gumby at standard level
Send a message via MSN to gumby

Ive built with New Generation (Summit) and they've been really good (so far), got my final inspection on Tuesday, so we'll see how it goes.
Old 17-12-2009, 10:20 AM
Sir AntiLag

Quote:
Originally Posted by scooby99 View Post
depending on how you feel, the link below might be your best option

http://www.builders.wa.gov.au/default.aspx?MenuID=72

Let me know if you want more info or any advice.
i'm already in the process of lodging a complaint with BRB.. but im just waiting to see their resolution before i go ahead with it. I sent an email to the head of their area... i havent got a reply just yet.. but the woman im dealing with and is being alot nicer than before... i've gotten to a point where i after forking out my hard earnt money do not appreciate the level of service that ive got.. sure 200k to them is sfa.. but its alot to me!

Quote:
----- Forwarded Message -----
To: bgcresidential
Sent: Wednesday, 16 December, 2009 4:12:06 PM GMT +08:00 Beijing / Chongqing / Hong Kong / Urumqi
Subject: FYI: Job # ##### Gosnells Carpet Replacement

FYI.

Good Afternoon Bob,

I am forwarding you these emails between Julian Lochowicz and myself as I am not impressed with the level of service I have received.
On the 2nd of December Julian advised myself and my housemate Sharee Buffham that because of the damage caused to the carpet by the initial repair of my slab (the concrete being stuck to the bottom of my carpet) and also it being frayed from when the gentleman from Trevors pulled the carpet back that it would be getting replaced with new carpet at the cost of BGC. I will not accept that he is no longer willing to replace the carpet for whatever reasons. I want him to stand by what he originally said because its unacceptable to say one thing and do another especially when i forked out a lot of money to your company for my house. I do not like the feeling of walking cross my carpet and feeling lumps it is not a healthy feeling.

I am sick of being spoken to like I am an idiot by Julian whenever he comes out to my house. on the 24th of November when he first came out he went off his nut at me telling me that I am not a qualified builder there for the fact that the slab was not kept moist whilst it was curing would not have caused the crack and that it is not common practice of BGC to wet a slab to keep the moisture up to prevent it drying out too fast. I then handed him the letter from Structere that states because the slab was not kept moist it has caused the crack, to which he then changed his tune to say "well when i pour concrete at home i always keep it damp to make sure its done properly"

Please let me know if there is anything you can do to assist me with this as I am losing faith with your company and will be more than happy to go back to the builders registration board to go ahead with my complaint. However I dont wish for this to happen I would much rather sort this in a more civillised manner

Kind regards

Jasmine Webb

ever since i sent this email the people ive been dealing with have been alot nicer...

i got an email from the maintenance manager and his assistant telling me i wouldnt know the difference if they patched my carpet or replaced it. I explained to her that she hadnt see the job that the carpet layers have already done, fraying my carpet and what not when it was pulled up. I'd notice.

then she said at the bottom of the email

Quote:
"However as you are the client and we wish you to remain satisfied with the out come I will discuss with my construction manager about new carpet and letting you get your underlay done at the same time hope this is a satisfactory solution I will call you tomorrow about this issue thanks "

The construction manager being Bob Purnell who i emailed earlier. I asked if she could email her response to me instead, as everything they tell me in person or over the phone never happens so i much prefer it in writing so that they cannot go back on their word. because i know BRB are waiting on my go ahead because of the endless dramas I have had over this.
Old 17-12-2009, 10:32 AM
Sir AntiLag

every thing was fantastic during the building process.. its the after sales support that lacks with these guys. Ron who was my site supervisor always kept me up to date always told me everything that was needed and always organised to meet me on site even out of his normal schedule. Which i thought was fantastic. Its only been since i handed over the final cheque and its been handed over to the maintenance team that I have had dramas. The maintenance supervisor for the south is an absolute cock when he wants to be but when he realises hes in the wrong he is all nice as pie. Which is the stage im at now.. getting the nice as pie treatment. every time hes come to my house hes said at least a million times "we are professionals and we know what we are doing" i felt like saying "if you were all such professionals then you wouldnt be here at my house inspecting your lack companys contractors lack of workmanship all the time." but to keep the peace i bit my tongue. hes got worse mood swings than a pregnant woman.

My other half has built with red ink homes and hes having similar dramas where they were not originally willing to fix stuff that was supposed to be completed for hand over. but hes not got a resolution and they are going to be replastering his wall where the plaster has come away from the brick work.

I seriously hope no one goes through anything like I am. I sure as hell will not be recommending BGC to anyone. But i have not been put off building another house.. I will be studying this thread when that time comes to see what my options are haha. or just do owner builder because i know someone in just about every trade. but then i hear thats another head ache on its own.. haha..

good luck everyone building!!!!!!!!!!
Old 17-12-2009, 01:18 PM
Sir AntiLag

sorry for the triple post. I'm getting my carpet replaced and not "relayed"

Quote:
To: [JAZZIE]
Sent: Thursday, 17 December, 2009 12:08:50 PM GMT +08:00 Beijing / Chongqing / Hong Kong / Urumqi
Subject: RE: Job # **** Gosnells Carpet Replacement

Thank you for your emails

Bgc will stand by julians original comment and replace the affected area of carpet

Bob Pennell

CONSTRUCTION MANAGER

BGC Residential South
Old 17-12-2009, 01:20 PM
STI Master

Wrexter at standard level

Quote:
Originally Posted by big tilly View Post
i can definitly recommend dale alcock, we recently built in baldivis and alcock were great in every aspect and had no dramas whenever i asked a question or wanted something changed, super quick too with no problems in the house so far
We are leaning towards dale alcock. i like their designs and they seem good value and ive heard nothing but good.

pre-start should be fun with their massive showroom too.

any advice you can give me about them?

cheers

Tags
builders, home