Perth-WRX.com

Perth-WRX.com (http://www.perth-wrx.com/vb/cmps_index.php)
-   Verso Discussion (http://www.perth-wrx.com/vb/verso-discussion/)
-   -   verso Tune (http://www.perth-wrx.com/vb/verso-discussion/13225-verso-tune.html)

IMPRESHER 20-06-2007 07:46 PM

Fixed .. :)

saturation 20-06-2007 08:02 PM

dont ecutek claim they will return to stock for nothing ? might be worth checking with whoever did the initial ecutek tune.

and on a side note how about a full pic of your avatar rexzist :p

chronic_2k 20-06-2007 09:39 PM

sorry 4 being a nub, but i need a few things clearing up in my head atm...
ok... what ECU do u need to carry a "VERSO tune out?
i am also assuming that you cannot VERSO tune a liberty RS?
and what does VERSO mean?

mr_psi 20-06-2007 09:47 PM

you need a standard ecu...

the problem they are having here is that the ecu NVRENUF wants to get tuned already has a tune by a different distributor being ECUTEK (which is a remapped stock ecu as well) however VERSO cannot overwrite ECUTEK tune for some reason... that i am not sure off

BOMB3R 20-06-2007 10:03 PM

Verso and EcuTek use your standard ecu and reflash Benny.

The thing is people a tune is only as good as the tuner, their product and THE CAR THEY ARE TUNING and atm Sean and the Verso team can hold their own against any tuner/workshop in Perth.

MKVIGTI 20-06-2007 10:09 PM

[QUOTE=mr_psi]you need a standard ecu...

the problem they are having here is that the ecu NVRENUF wants to get tuned already has a tune by a different distributor being ECUTEK (which is a remapped stock ecu as well) however VERSO cannot overwrite ECUTEK tune for some reason... that i am not sure off[/QUOTE]

My understanding of the way it works is that with either you can't actualy SEE the tune that is in the ECU. You have the TUNE on the laptop and flash this into the ECU, check the result and reflash again. Continue until finished. You are always viewing what is on the laptop without actualy reading the ECU.

Going from ECUTEK to Verso or Verso to ECUTEK you do not have any information on what is already in the ECU. If you guess wrong starting out you could run into big problems. E.G. thinking there is less timing advance than there really is.

Also I suspect if Verso were to adjust an ECUTEK tune they would be leaving themselves open to litigation same as if you were to rip the guts out of Windows Vista and change it to your liking and then charge for it. Microsoft would sue you before you could blink.

MKVIGTI 20-06-2007 10:13 PM

[QUOTE=PIGSTi]Verso and EcuTek use your standard ecu and reflash Benny.

The thing is people a tune is only as good as the tuner, their product and THE CAR THEY ARE TUNING and atm Sean and the Verso team can hold their own against any tuner/workshop in Perth.[/QUOTE]

Have you had any luck getting yours going again Jaron.

The one thing that I do like about the ECUTEK is when things do go wrong you have support just about where ever you are.

Yes my car has been out of the state and peace of mind to know I can have my tune e-mailed to the nearest ECUTEK dealer and sort out any dramas.

Smokey 20-06-2007 10:27 PM

1. Someone tuning with verso can see exactly what the engine is doing.
2. Verso has access to full RAM dumps.
3. Verso knows exactly what amount of timing the engine will be using for a given application.

nauli 21-06-2007 08:11 AM

Now why the fuck would you pay $1000 change from ECUTek to Verso when they both do EXACTLY THE SAME THING??
There is no "ones better than the other"...there are no "secret features" in one and not the other.
As said previously ad infinitum on this forum..."IT'S ALL UP TO THE WAY IT IS TUNED BY THE TUNER". All the tuners for ECUTek and Verso in Perth are reputable and know what they're doing.

So why waste $1000 just to get a "Verso" sticker on the back window?

Tell him to go and talk to whoever did the ECUTek tune.

nauli 21-06-2007 08:16 AM

And an ECUTek can be put back to a "standard tune" mode...