Perth-WRX.com

Perth-WRX.com (http://www.perth-wrx.com/vb/cmps_index.php)
-   Verso Discussion (http://www.perth-wrx.com/vb/verso-discussion/)
-   -   verso Tune (http://www.perth-wrx.com/vb/verso-discussion/13225-verso-tune.html)

agentorange 21-06-2007 08:29 AM

[QUOTE=nauli]Now why the fuck would you pay $1000 change from ECUTek to Verso when they both do EXACTLY THE SAME THING??
There is no "ones better than the other"...[B]there are no "secret features"[/B] in one and not the other.
As said previously ad infinitum on this forum..."IT'S ALL UP TO THE WAY IT IS TUNED BY THE TUNER". All the tuners for ECUTek and Verso in Perth are reputable and know what they're doing.

So why waste $1000 just to get a "Verso" sticker on the back window?

Tell him to go and talk to whoever did the ECUTek tune.[/QUOTE]

There are if you do the following...Down, up, left, left, A, Right, Down.

That will give you the secret features...:D

mr_psi 21-06-2007 08:30 AM

[QUOTE=nauli]Now why the fuck would you pay $1000 change from ECUTek to Verso when they both do EXACTLY THE SAME THING??
There is no "ones better than the other"...there are no "secret features" in one and not the other.
As said previously ad infinitum on this forum..."IT'S ALL UP TO THE WAY IT IS TUNED BY THE TUNER". All the tuners for ECUTek and Verso in Perth are reputable and know what they're doing.

thats what i was thinking... if it comes down to the bottom line where he would like a tune... trade someone with a standard ECU and cash adjustment or something... surely VERSO couldnt be any better then ECUTEK.. it may just be the tune :P

Josh 21-06-2007 08:43 AM

Look at the QUALITY of the tunes - Not necessarily the product.

The ECU is only as good as the tuner. Remember that.

sleepy 21-06-2007 08:50 AM

There is no "ones better than the other"...there are no "secret features" in one and not the other.

From what I understand he only has a Tek 1/2 tune, so he is going to have to outlay more money to upgrade his Tek 2 to a fully tuned Tek3 anyway?

If I had a verso compatible car it would be the first place I would go. Reason being, the people that wrote the software tune the cars. No support from the UK or other Companies required because the shop it's getting tuned at developed it!!

IMPRESHER 21-06-2007 09:06 AM

[QUOTE=PIGSTi]Verso and EcuTek use your standard ecu and reflash Benny.

Ohh nice didnt no that Jaron , im new with the VERSO. so would my Tune be that or is it a RE-TUNE..?

BOMB3R 21-06-2007 09:12 AM

[QUOTE='[REXZIST]'][QUOTE=PIGSTi]Verso and EcuTek use your standard ecu and reflash Benny.

Ohh nice didnt no that Jaron , im new with the VERSO. so would my Tune be that or is it a RE-TUNE..?[/QUOTE]
Dont you have Motec?

IMPRESHER 21-06-2007 09:45 AM

Autronics..

MKVIGTI 21-06-2007 10:12 AM

[QUOTE=sleepy]From what I understand he only has a Tek 1/2 tune, so he is going to have to outlay more money to upgrade his Tek 2 to a fully tuned Tek3 anyway?

If I had a verso compatible car it would be the first place I would go. Reason being, the people that wrote the software tune the cars. No support from the UK or other Companies required because the shop it's getting tuned at developed it!![/QUOTE]
Had a tek 2 done at MMS and wasen't that thrilled with it so had Lane from Race Torque take it to a tek 3. Charged just for his Labour and Dyno time. Bout 300 bucks I think.

Have always been happy with lanes tunes ( Last 1 in particular ) but must admit always want just a little bit more 6 months down the track. Trying hard to promise myself I wont after the new turbo but can see the writing on the wall :D :D :D

nauli 21-06-2007 10:27 AM

[QUOTE=sleepy]From what I understand he only has a Tek 1/2 tune, so he is going to have to outlay more money to upgrade his Tek 2 to a fully tuned Tek3 anyway?[/QUOTE]

Possibly some dyno time...as he would with any tuner doing a re-tune on any product/computer

[QUOTE=sleepy]If I had a verso compatible car it would be the first place I would go. Reason being, the people that wrote the software tune the cars. No support from the UK or other Companies required because the shop it's getting tuned at developed it!![/QUOTE]

No, Sean and Nick did not write the software...they tune the cars (and are very good tuners).
Peter wrote the software and to my knowledge he is not an employee of Sean & Nick's.

Remember also that ECUTek tuners throughout Aust all communicate with each other so developments and tuning tricks get passed around (eg the fix for electronic throttle lag on MY06+'s...)

BOMB3R 21-06-2007 10:31 AM

[QUOTE=nauli]
Remember also that ECUTek tuners throughout Aust all communicate with each other so developments and tuning tricks get passed around (eg the fix for electronic throttle lag on MY06+'s...)[/QUOTE]

My Ecu is currently in the UK because tuners in Perth and over east (MRT) couldn't figure out what was wrong with it.
There is an advantage of having the people who wrote the software close by. I have had my car for 5 days out of the last 6 weeks, I was on holiday for 2.5 of them though:D