Perth-WRX.com  

Go Back   Perth-WRX.com > General WRXing > Introductions > Your Driveway
Register Diddy Kart ArticlesAll AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Welcome to Perth-WRX, click here to register!

Like Tree94Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 24-02-2014, 06:58 PM
Sir AntiLag

STIMUL8IN at standard level
Send a message via Skype™ to STIMUL8IN
Default Whiteline Bits - Too Many to Choose?!?

So, my Mrs has been bugging me for ages to get a Thermomix and I finally gave in over the weekend....as long as I get to spend the same amount on car bits

I think a list of Whiteline goodies should be next, but I've got a few questions if anyone knows (there are soooooo many options on the Whiteline website!)

I'm thinking (Whiteline unless otherwise noted):
  • Front Sway Bar 22mm 2 pt adjustable (BSF39Z)
  • Rear Sway Bar 22mm 3 pt adjustable (BSR49XZ) Good for a bit of tail happy action? Comes with support braces too, what's that about?
  • Kartboy Front & Rear Sway Bar Link (KB-017-08+Combo) - Kartboy better than Whitline??? I seem to read that the Whiteline ones knock a bit?
  • Front Control Arm Lower Inner Front Bushing (W0508) - Do I need rear too? They only seem to do Motorsport versions...
  • Front Gearbox Positive Shift Kit (KDT901) - Fits the 6spd I presume?
  • Roll Centre/Bump Steer Kit (KCA313) - Do I need if I'm not running lower suspension?
  • Steering Rack Bushings (KSR207)
  • Rear Control Arm Upper Inner Bushing (camber correction) (KCA326) - will I notice any difference? It's not like I'm chasing 0.001s on the track lol
  • Rear Crossmember - mount bushing (KDT907) - Again will I notice the difference?
  • Rear Crossmember - mount insert bushing (KDT910) - As good as the part above?
  • Rear Diff - mount in cradle bushing (KDT906)
  • Rear Diff - support outrigger bushing (KDT905)
  • Rear Shock Absorber - lower bushing (W0505)
  • Rear Trailing Arm - lower front bushing (W0568)

So any advice or recommendations appreciated. I'm guessing it's best to start with the sway bars and end links and see how I go from there? But I like the idea of making the car more taught, gearbox/steering bushes etc. As I said above, I'm not chasing time on the track, just want to make the car (more) responsive.
TROLLEY, iMPREZUH and DukeDrifter like this.
[CENTER]My other passion - facebook.com/[FONT=Verdana][COLOR=dimgray][B]JamieWebsterPhotography[/B][/COLOR][/FONT][/CENTER]

Last edited by STIMUL8IN; 24-02-2014 at 06:59 PM.
Old 24-02-2014, 10:39 PM
Perth WRX Old Skool Cool Dude

Soksta is a guruSoksta is a guru

Whiteline front HD links are ok, I would steer clear of the rears.
Found that when tightening them up, they pull the rear lower control arm in and the design (unless it has changed) leads to early failure.
Kartboy links on the front and rear now, feels a bit tighter than the WL and no issues fitting or with design.
Old 25-02-2014, 01:18 AM
STI Master

s20525xxx knows their stuff

Ones makes most difference are swaybar, rear subframe insert, steering bushing, alignment needed. Rear camber correction and rck only help when u lower u car more than 20mm. U might want front camber bolt while doing steering bushing too.

U sedan wont need alk(its pillow ball already), and front control arm front bushing won't do much. As for positive shift kit and diff insert, u need groupN mounts before them otherwise vibration will always transfer to softest bushing.

I dont have trailing arm and shock bushing. But I dont think they can affect too much unleas u change the lot.

I would go 24mm front 22mm rear for traction and other way around for slides. The support bar is really useless imo. Whitline links are preload adjustable, kartboy isnt. U will need change front link as soksta said and rear oem link is fine on the mid hole of the bar. And wl comfort endlink (previous ones knocks) is one to go for if u wanna adjustability at rear.

Evor is the cheapeat I found to supply and install whiteline stuffs, but i think there is two weeks waiting now.

using the Perth-WRX mobile app

Update from new owner: 375whp at 1.4bar on 98, at Tokyo Motorsport

Last edited by s20525xxx; 25-02-2014 at 01:47 AM.
Old 25-02-2014, 06:52 AM
Sir AntiLag

Thanks guys that's great info! I'll get ordering soon
[CENTER]My other passion - facebook.com/[FONT=Verdana][COLOR=dimgray][B]JamieWebsterPhotography[/B][/COLOR][/FONT][/CENTER]
Old 09-03-2014, 02:51 PM
Sir AntiLag

eBay is my friend

Ordered front and rear 22mm sway bars from MRT Performance.
Ordered the Kartboy front and rear endlink combo from some American mob.
The rest of the little yellow bushing parts can wait - too confusing!

Already spent a bit of my Thermomix money on some bits for the Foz - tow bar, roof racks and a rear spoiler, so I'm running out fast.

But I reckon I'll still be able to get the personal plates I've had my eye on for a while, so I'll post up when they're on...might be time for a forum name change then too
ALLPAWS likes this.
Old 27-03-2014, 08:30 PM
Sir AntiLag

The Foz has been getting more love than the STI lately, took this photo tonight...

Octo Tips?!?!

REXXXED and ALLPAWS like this.
Old 27-03-2014, 10:35 PM
STI Master

matto20v at standard level

Spend it while you can brother, eventually she is going to buck and make you sell it all.
STIMUL8IN likes this.
Old 27-03-2014, 10:49 PM
Sir AntiLag

I'm pretty lucky with my Mrs. She's pretty easy going and actually talked me into the STI over the WRX and the FireBlade over the CBR600. Been together (on and off) nearly 20 years now and married nearly 10. She's a keeper, just as well, as she's also my BabyMama Don't owe anything on any of the toys (If I can't afford it, I don't buy it), so no reason to sell them anytime soon
matto20v, dnbosiris and mrwrx like this.
Old 10-04-2014, 07:58 PM
Sir AntiLag

Goodbye 1DSP216...

...Picking up new plates tomorrow!

Tonight's the night to go rob a bank somewhere
amtrapid likes this.
Old 11-04-2014, 08:31 PM
Sir AntiLag

...Hello STIMUL8IN Time for a forum name change...

Master D and s20525xxx like this.

Tags
driveway, jamieblade, my11, spec r, sti, stimul8in