Perth-WRX.com

Perth-WRX.com (http://www.perth-wrx.com/vb/cmps_index.php)
-   Your Driveway (http://www.perth-wrx.com/vb/your-driveway/)
-   -   scary spec (http://www.perth-wrx.com/vb/your-driveway/46770-scary-spec.html)

ewrxion87 02-02-2012 03:04 PM

goodluck mate, with all the hassles lets hope you get the results your after, if i had the funds to fly ecutek man over i certainly would.

as for racetorque....i have no other ecutek options... otherwise i would stay with mms on the tune also.

[QUOTE=scary;648807]Well I have had a chat with the EcuTek bloke and I will be staying that way and having him fly back and tune the car. My reasons

EcuTek options as listed above with the Si drive seem quite good for my application i.e.
I will have sport set at the full tune and throttle response for everyday
Sport Sharp will have fully hektic flat shift, launch control, throttle blip on downshift etc for track days etc
I will be a programme for the wife to drive the car or for lower grade fuels

I have a 20 year relationship with MMS and I am unwilling to go somewhere else

It will be more cost effective (for me) to fly him back for a day and work on my car only for half a day than go Verso

While both are basically the same shit in my mind I am of the attitude that the number of cars with EcuTek is higher, their budgets for further development is larger and in the long run may provide greater flexibility with MY car

I trust MMS and their reccomendations and I think that counts for more than anything else.

Anyway back to the other shit....does anyone have a reccomendation on Turbo Beanies? and header wrap?

Also Race Torque use a Mainline Dyno so any power figures are at the wheels not the hubs as noted in above posts, that and those numbers are complete rubbish if in KW[/QUOTE]

GTB Liberty 02-02-2012 03:07 PM

[I]EcuTek options as listed above with the Si drive seem quite good for my application i.e.
I will have sport set at the full tune and throttle response for everyday
Sport Sharp will have fully hektic flat shift, launch control, throttle blip on downshift etc for track days etc
I will be a programme for the wife to drive the car or for lower grade fuels[/I]

I'll be looking forward to seeing this :D If it's that good I might have to change sides ;)

Kato 02-02-2012 03:18 PM

OT: Do you know who are MMS getting to do the tuning?

For the headers/turbo, why not get them ceramic coated?

American Dave 02-02-2012 03:28 PM

agree on ceramic coating, if you have the time then do it...
[url=http://www.cicceramic.com.au/coatings/exhaust-manifold-coatings]Exhaust Manifold Coatings | CIC Ceramic[/url]

GTB Liberty 02-02-2012 04:13 PM

[QUOTE=Kato;648825]OT: Do you know who are MMS getting to do the tuning?

For the [B]headers[/B]/turbo, why not get them ceramic coated?[/QUOTE]

Where's Ramon - he'd be going "not on your life unless you want them to fail early"...

scary 02-02-2012 06:57 PM

[QUOTE=Kato;648825]OT: Do you know who are MMS getting to do the tuning?

For the headers/turbo, why not get them ceramic coated?[/QUOTE]

MRT Tuner is doing it and I cannot think of his name off the top of my head...but if they are trusting him to tune the Bathurst 12hr car I think I can put my faith in the same direction.

Ceramic coating on the headers in my experience just never nets the right result. All I have seen is headers that leak because the heat has warped the flanges because they coat them apart or idiots who coat the flanges which is even worse.

The turbo I am probably willing to do however seeing as it has been 10 years since I last got an exhaust housing done where do you go these days?

scary 02-02-2012 06:58 PM

[QUOTE=American Dave;648812]Sounds fair and reasonable to me. The bottom line is who do you trust to tune your car not what software do they use.

My headers and up pipe came with wrap. Who did you buy the headers from ?[/QUOTE]

PSR no wrap but good price.

Rossco 02-02-2012 07:46 PM

P.s Erect penis's runs were done in 3rd gear............ hence 660 nm of torque that he posted before being laughed at.

Good luck Scary!

ewrxion87 03-02-2012 08:27 AM

Kato 03-02-2012 09:08 AM

[QUOTE=scary;648922]MRT Tuner is doing it and I cannot think of his name off the top of my head...but if they are trusting him to tune the Bathurst 12hr car I think I can put my faith in the same direction.

Ceramic coating on the headers in my experience just never nets the right result. All I have seen is headers that leak because the heat has warped the flanges because they coat them apart or idiots who coat the flanges which is even worse.

The turbo I am probably willing to do however seeing as it has been 10 years since I last got an exhaust housing done where do you go these days?[/QUOTE]

Great stuff. Yeah if they are doing the Bathurst car for them, you hope he knows what he is doing! :)

See Dave's reply below for coating details - CIC

[QUOTE=American Dave;648831]agree on ceramic coating, if you have the time then do it...
[url=http://www.cicceramic.com.au/coatings/exhaust-manifold-coatings]Exhaust Manifold Coatings | CIC Ceramic[/url][/QUOTE]