Perth-WRX.com  

Go Back   Perth-WRX.com > General WRXing > Introductions > Your Driveway
Register Diddy Kart ArticlesAll AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Welcome to Perth-WRX, click here to register!

Like Tree1348Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-01-2013, 02:29 PM
Perth WRX Old Skool Cool Dude

RUSSGT is a guruRUSSGT is a guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by STI325V6 View Post
If your car is not suitable do you get the entry fee refunded??
Doubt it. They shouldnt have to pay because your car doesnt pass. Car passing is up to you not them. They are just checking it.

http://kap.industries/
Old 07-01-2013, 03:49 PM
Potty Training Scoobie Noobie

Buckets at standard level

I've signed up to PWRX to try and clarify a few things regarding the Racewars entry.

I'm the person who sent the email asking for some information on the vehicle to Catherine and have sent a subsequent email to her clarifying the reason behind the email.

There are 3 people "running" this event both of whom have already posted and I agree with their sentiments completely. We are concerned about this vehicle (and a few others that have entered, who will be or have already received a similar email) but we sent the email not to pick on or humiliate the entrant but to try and work with you to ensure their vehicle is safe & suitable to enter.

Lets get a few facts straight, I wrote the event regulations and I'm currently writing some additional regulations in order to ensure that everyone has a clear understanding of the standards required to enter. We wrote these regs not to discriminate against people but to ensure they are in safe and suitable cars and more importantly so we could get insurance coverage for our event. We can't afford to take any chances or increase our risk profile in anyway. Under no circumstances will a vehicle that is unsafe be allowed to race during our event. The ongoing viability of our event relies on us ensuring everyone enjoys themselves but also goes home in one piece. Like Brockas said safety is our #1 priority !

I think giving her a heads up that we're going to require some further information on her vehicle (and giving her a large window of time to provide it) was the right thing to do. Would you rather we said nothing and allowed her to possibly face the scrutineers with a reasonable chance of not passing and only a week to sort it out ?

Catherine what we or anyone think of your car is not relevant to this event or situation. You have my email outlining the information we're going to require and you also have the information on what your options are if you are unable to meet these requirements.

Regards
Jonathan Murray
Event Coordinator
Email: jon@antilagmotorsport.com.au
Web: Antilag Racewars | 6-7 April 2013 Wyalkatchem Aerodrome
Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/AntilagRaceWars
RUSSGT, Duffman, magic1 and 4 others like this.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Buckets For This Useful Post:
Tiigga (07-01-2013), TROLLEY (07-01-2013)
Old 07-01-2013, 04:00 PM

teejay is a guruteejay is a guruteejay is a guru
Send a message via MSN to teejay

Knowing what is in the email also makes the accusation that the car is being on laughable.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Old 07-01-2013, 06:17 PM
STI Master

huggy_b knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by STI325V6 View Post
If your car is not suitable do you get the entry fee refunded??
I'm pretty sure the fine print says non-refundable, but you can transfer it to another competitor or enter a more suitable car.
Old 07-01-2013, 06:18 PM
STI Master

Cat at standard level

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brockas View Post
I am also entering my daily, and don't expect to win anything.

Nobody has a problem with you entering, however our #1 concern over anything else (including hurt feelings) is the safety of the competitors and volunteers / staff at the event.

In no way will we be discouraging people from entering to simply have fun (that's the whole idea of the event); however we will be giving people a heads up that there are certain scrutineering criteria that need to be met prior to participation in the event. If people are doing 250km/h+, we can't afford to be negligible in any way.

We've been informed that this particular car may not meet those stringent scrutineering checks, so instead of waiting until 1 week before the event we have taken time to message you directly months before. This is to ensure that you have ample time to rectify any issues with the car before the event.

We believed this was in your best interests as scrutineering may have discovered something which could potentially prevent you from competing, and not give you enough time to rectify it.

Regards,
Paul
Antilag Racewars Management
Quote:
Originally Posted by BALISTC View Post
Exactly this.. she just needs to show us that the work has been done correctly, with appropriate brake and suspension work to suit.

She won't be the only car that is flagged, I'm sure there will be more than one car that will hit a bump at the scrutineering stage. At this point, she's been given the opportunity to rectify this prior to scrut.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Buckets View Post
I've signed up to PWRX to try and clarify a few things regarding the Racewars entry.

I'm the person who sent the email asking for some information on the vehicle to Catherine and have sent a subsequent email to her clarifying the reason behind the email.

There are 3 people "running" this event both of whom have already posted and I agree with their sentiments completely. We are concerned about this vehicle (and a few others that have entered, who will be or have already received a similar email) but we sent the email not to pick on or humiliate the entrant but to try and work with you to ensure their vehicle is safe & suitable to enter.

Lets get a few facts straight, I wrote the event regulations and I'm currently writing some additional regulations in order to ensure that everyone has a clear understanding of the standards required to enter. We wrote these regs not to discriminate against people but to ensure they are in safe and suitable cars and more importantly so we could get insurance coverage for our event. We can't afford to take any chances or increase our risk profile in anyway. Under no circumstances will a vehicle that is unsafe be allowed to race during our event. The ongoing viability of our event relies on us ensuring everyone enjoys themselves but also goes home in one piece. Like Brockas said safety is our #1 priority !

I think giving her a heads up that we're going to require some further information on her vehicle (and giving her a large window of time to provide it) was the right thing to do. Would you rather we said nothing and allowed her to possibly face the scrutineers with a reasonable chance of not passing and only a week to sort it out ?

Catherine what we or anyone think of your car is not relevant to this event or situation. You have my email outlining the information we're going to require and you also have the information on what your options are if you are unable to meet these requirements.

Regards
Jonathan Murray
Event Coordinator
Email: jon@antilagmotorsport.com.au
Web: Antilag Racewars | 6-7 April 2013 Wyalkatchem Aerodrome
Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/AntilagRaceWars

I'm really sorry guys I overreacted and took it way too personally, I was a bit insecure and thought I was being discriminated against because of my car which I will admit is a POS and needs a lot of work and I've always been given shit for it but I know I've brought that on myself and what I want to do to it doesn't sit well with others either.
I took it the wrong way when you were actually giving me fair warning to get my car ready for the event as I would have been pretty annoyed if I forgot to upgrade something important a week away from the event and was not allowed to compete so I thankyou for that.

I now understand that you were just doing your job trying to make sure that the vehichles entering including mine are at a very safe and capable standard, so I will make sure that my car is at the safest possible standard so there will be no concerns for you guys or the other competitors.

again I'm sorry if I have caused any problems or upset anyone because I didn't think before I posted and I should have known that you were concerned and actually trying to help me not make it difficult for me to enter. Sometimes mistakes need to be made to learn a lesson and I feel I have learned that lesson now and I hope you all can forgive me for it

cat
Old 08-01-2013, 08:48 AM
Burnout!

Kato is a guruKato is a guru

Thread now requires pictures of helis.
Old 08-01-2013, 09:59 AM
Sign me up!
Barge Master

pmh at standard level

And naked misbehaving
Oh wait wrong thread...
Kato, American Dave and Soksta like this.
Old 08-01-2013, 11:06 AM
STI Master

98kellrs at standard level

Thread just needs to deliver, come on Cat, get that converaion finished!

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2
Master D (08-01-2013)
Old 08-01-2013, 06:58 PM
STI Master

Cat at standard level

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kato View Post
Thread now requires pictures of helis.
pictures????? Videos is where it's at

Quote:
Originally Posted by 98kellrs View Post
Thread just needs to deliver, come on Cat, get that converaion finished!

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2
It will don't worry, I'm now counting down the days till I have a turbo powered car
Old 08-01-2013, 07:09 PM

GTB Liberty is a guruGTB Liberty is a guru

Will it have brakes?

Tags
balls, because racecar, boost, cat, chop chop ad, dak, dok, dok dok boom!, dokless, heard a slight tapping...... meh she'll be right, let it die, limiter launchs rule!!, lot, needs more cable ties, rattle can presentable, rip funny tags, snap dakle pop, sorta running well, stock